(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
be used to describe an object or person whose name you do not know or cannot recall.
用于描述你不知道或想不起名称的物体或人。
I. EXAMPLES
I’ve got the what-do-you-call-it for you.
我把那个“什么来着”给你带来了。
I cannot find the what-do-you-call-it.
我找不到那个“什么来着”。
She’s just gone out with old what’s-his-name.
她陪那位“某某某”出去了。
What’s-his-name called you this morning?
那位“某某某”今早给你打过电话?
Where did you put the what-do-you-call-it?
你把那个“什么来着”放在哪里了?
II. DIALOGUES
Wife: Honey, you’ve been trying to fix that sink for hours.
妻子:亲爱的,你修那个水池已经好几个小时了。
Husband: I know, I know. My back is killing me.
丈夫:我知道了,我知道了。我的背都累痛了。
Wife: Well, how can I help you?
妻子:那我该怎么帮你呢?
Husband: Hand me that what-do-you-call-it.
丈夫:把那个“什么来着”递给我。
Wife: You mean the wrench?
妻子:你是说扳手吗?
Husband: Yeah that’s it.
丈夫:对,就是它。
本文来自公众微信号:每日学英语
|
|