Your asked to see me?
- 是你想见我?
-Yes.
- 是的。
-I wanted a moment alone with you before I go.
- 我想在离开前与你单独聚一聚。
-Please. Have a seat.
- 请坐吧。
-Miss Laurier...
- 罗小姐 ……
-... I won't waste your time.
- 我不会浪费你的时间。
-I'm a single man,
- 我是个单身汉,
-with 5,000 acres to my name.
- 名下有五千亩地。
-If you would consider a life in America,
- 你肯考虑在美国生活,
-I would be proud to take you there,
- 我很乐意带你去的,
-as my wife.
- 把你当作妻子般带去。
-You pay me a very great compliment, sir.
- 你实在令我受宠若惊了。
-But the answer is no.
- 但你还是拒绝我的建议。
-I'm afraid so.
- 你说对了。
-You don't know till you ask.
- 总得问过才知结果嘛。
-You're not too disappointed, I think.
- 我想你不致太失望吧。
-I hardly know you.
- 我并不太熟悉你。
-So I won't act as if I can't live without you, but...
- 总不致于没有你就活不下去,但 ……
-A man can get his hopes up pretty high pretty quick.
- 不知你会不会改变初衷。
-I'm sorry.
- 很对不起。
-Just so I know...
- 我想请教你 ……
-I'll be doing this again one of these days.
- 我迟一些可能还会向人求婚。
-Is there anything I can fix?
- 我还有什么可以自我改善呢?
-Like my dress...
- 例如我的衣着 ……
-...how I talk?
- 我的言行举止?
-No, Mr. Taylor.
- 不必了,戴先生。
-Any lady would be fortunate to be courted by you.
-让你求婚的女士其实都三生有幸。
-Any lady but you.
-可惜你不是这样想。 |
|