(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
used for saying that something is not likely to have a successful result, and so there is no point in doing it
用于表示某事不太可能有成功的结果,因此做这件事没有意义。
I. EXAMPLES
What’s the use of talking about it?
讨论它有什么用?
What’s the use of crying over spilt milk?
为打翻的牛奶哭泣有什么用?
What’s the point of arguing with her?
和她争论有什么意义?
What’s the point of worrying about it?
担心它有什么意义?
II. DIALOGUES
A: How long have you been studying English?
A: 你学习英语有多久了?
B: Over ten years now, but my English is not very fluent at all.
B: 已经有十多年了,但我的英语还是不太流利。
A: Why not?
A: 为什么?
B: I don’t like speaking English because I’m afraid of making mistakes.
B: 我不喜欢说英语,因为我害怕犯错。
A: What’s the use of studying English if you won’t speak it?
A: 如果你不打算说英语,学它有什么用?
B: You’re right. I should try to speak out more and not be so afraid of making mistakes.
B: 你说得对。我应该多说,不要那么害怕犯错误。
本文来自公众微信号:每日学英语
|
|