英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【TED英语演讲】如何设定正确的目标并保持动力

发布者: qianyuan | 发布时间: 2025-10-8 20:29| 查看数: 176| 评论数: 0|



演讲题目:How to set the right goals and stay motivated

演讲简介:

科学家艾利特·菲什巴赫指出,动力并非简单地“寻找”而来,而是需要通过学习来培养。她依据二十年的动机研究,提出了一系列策略和建议,这些策略和建议出奇地简单,却能有效地指导我们如何设定目标、确保成功,并抵制拖延的诱惑。



中英文字幕

A good friend has recently shared that she's feeling tired.

最近一位好朋友告诉我,她感到疲倦,

Like, really tired.

心力交瘁。

Not "I did not get enough sleep" tired, but something deeper than that.

不是“我睡得不够”的疲倦,而是比这更深层次的东西。

She said she feels, and I'm quoting, "As if I have lost my motivation."

她跟我讲自己的感受,原话是“我好像失去了动力。”

I call her brave because she's so clearly dedicated to her job and conducts herself with professionalism and kindness.

我认为她很勇敢,因为她对自己的工作非常投入,并且在以专业和亲切的态度做事。

She's a wonderful parent who cares for her children, and she's very responsible when it gets to her finance and health.

在照顾孩子方面,她是一位很棒的母亲;在财务和健康方面,她非常负责。

She is not alone in feeling unmotivated.

她并不是唯一一个感到没有动力的人。

Millennial and Gen Z employees tell me that they feel uninspired at work.

千禧一代和Z世代的雇员告诉我,他们在工作中缺乏热情。

Some admit that they just don't care.

有些人承认他们根本不在乎。

Half of American employees are currently looking for a different job.

目前,有一半的美国雇员正在寻找另一份工作。

Think about that.

想想这个状况。

Older employees tell me that they can't wait to retire.

年长的雇员告诉我,他们等不及要退休了。

And when I ask about life at home, people say that they struggle with their finance and health.

当我问起家庭生活时,人们会说,他们在财务和健康方面苦苦挣扎。

Do you?

你呢?

The national data suggests that chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease are on the rise.

全国数据表明,糖尿病和心脏病等慢性病例呈上升趋势。

The median American family has only a bit over 5,000 dollars in savings, barely enough to pay next month's rent.

美国家庭的存款中位数只略高于 5,000 美元,几乎不足以支付下个月的房租。

Did America lose its motivation?

是美国失去动力了吗?

Well, the answer is no.

不,答案是否定的。

Turns out, you cannot lose your motivation because you never owned it in the first place.

事实证明,你不会失去动力,因为你从一开始就没拥有过动力。

Motivation, and that shouldn't surprise you, isn't your car key or wallet.

动力,你是知道的,它并不是你的车钥匙或钱包。

So what is it?

那动力是什么呢?

Well, motivation is not about being strong, it's about being wise.

动力并不是关于变得坚强,而是关于变得明智。

Let me explain.

让我解释一下。

You may think of motivation as a muscle, thinking some people have strong motivation muscles, others are weak.

你可能会把动力想像成肌肉,认为有些人有很强的动力肌肉,而另一些人则很弱。

But this is not a good metaphor.

但这不是一个好比喻。

Motivation is knowledge.

动力是知识,

You learn how to be motivated.

你将学会如何获得动力。

And so today, I would like to help each of you, and America, become wiser so that you are more motivated and hence better able to achieve your goals,

今天,我想帮助在座的每一个人,以及美国变得更明智, 这样你们才能更有动力,才能更好地实现 自己的目标、

your dreams, your aspirations.

梦想和抱负。

And given what the world has been throwing at you, that might be a good time to refresh your knowledge.

鉴于世界一直在向你抛出挑战,这可能是更新你知识的一个好时机。

To be motivated, you either change the situation or the way you think about the situation.

为了获得动力,你要么改变情况,要么改变对情况的看法。

This is the science in one sentence: you change the circumstances or the way you think about the circumstances.

原理如下,简而言之:你改变环境,或者改变看待环境的方式。

So if you want to be more physically active, there is no point in yelling at yourself.

如果你想锻炼身体,对自己大喊大叫是没有意义的。

I yell it, "You should walk more!" Instead, I got a puppy.

我对自己喊:“你应该多走走!”相反,我养了一只小狗。

She loves long walks.

她喜欢长途散步。

Your journey starts with setting a goal.

你的旅程从设定目标开始。

My friend wanted to be motivated at work, so she identified a project she wanted to complete.

我的朋友想在工作中获得动力,于是她确定了一个想要完成的项目。

That was a goal and it's a good motivation strategy.

那是一个目标,也是一个很好的激励策略。

Goals pull you.

目标推动你前进。

The problem?

问题出在哪里?

My friend identified a project she wished she had already completed, not something she was looking forward to doing.

我的朋友确定了一个她希望自己早已完成的项目,而不是她期待去做的项目。

Have you ever set a goal you wish you had already completed but had less interest in actually completing?

你有没有设定过一个希望自己已经完成了的目标,但对实际完成这个目标兴趣不大?

Most goals are abandoned because we want to be the person who has done it, not the person who is currently doing it.

大多数目标之所以被放弃,是因为我们想成为已经实现这个目标的人,而不是正在努力完成这个目标的人。

When we are excited about doing the work, we are intrinsically motivated.

当我们对做这项工作感到兴奋时,会产生内在的动力。

We care about the way almost as much as we are looking forward to the destination.

我们对实现路径的关注几乎和对目的地的期待一样多。

In our research, we found that most goals are abandoned, not because they are not important.

在研究中我们发现,大多数目标被放弃,并不是因为它们不重要。

OK, people actually are not more likely to adhere to their important compared to unimportant goals.

实际上,人们对“重要目标”的坚持,并不比“非重要目标”更多。

Most goals are abandoned because people don't enjoy pursuing them.

大多数目标被放弃,是因为人们在追求的过程中并不感到快乐。

Your enjoyment is what predicts whether you will stick with the goal.

享受程度决定了你是否会坚持这个目标。

In your life, you work with other people, maybe together you take care of your pet.

在生活中,你可能和其他人一起工作,比如一起照顾宠物。

You work in the presence of other people.

也可能在其他人的陪伴下工作,

Maybe those are the people in your gym class or in your book club.

比如健身房的伙伴或读书俱乐部的朋友。

You hold goals for others, they hold goals for you.

你为他们设定目标,他们也为你设定目标。

This might be a good time to say thank you to the person sitting next to you.

现在或许是对旁边那个人说声谢谢的好时机。

I will be waiting here.

我会在这里等待。

Give them a pat on the shoulder.

轻拍他们的肩膀。

My friend came to me not only because I am a motivation scientist, but also because I'm her friend, and as such, I wanted her to be successful.

我的朋友来找我,不仅因为我是一名动机科学家,还因为我是她的朋友,我希望她取得成功。

You may wonder what happened to her.

你可能想知道她怎么样了。

Well, she stayed at her job.

她在继续工作。

Last time I saw her, her smile seemed bigger.

上次我见到她时,她的笑容似乎更灿烂了。

She did not find her motivation.

她没有找到自己的动力,

She learned how to motivate yourself.

她学会了如何激励自己。

And so, no, America, you did not lose your motivation.

所以,不,美国,你没有失去你的动力。

Each of you is working hard, pursuing your dreams, balancing the different aspects of your life.

你们每个人都在努力工作,追求自己的梦想,平衡生活的方方面面。

And it is so important, especially in the world we live in today.

这非常重要,尤其是在我们当今生活的世界中。

So when you feel discouraged, when you feel unmotivated, remember, motivation is not about being strong, it is about being wise.

因此,当你感到沮丧时,当你感到没有动力时,请记住,动力不是要坚强,而是要明智。

And now we are all wiser.

而此刻,我们都更明智了。

Thank you.

谢谢。

Thanks.

谢谢。

本文来自公众微信号:爱语吧英语


最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表