(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
used to emphasize that you do not want something to happen. 能用于强调 “不希望某事发生”
I. EXAMPLES
I’d hate for you to think I didn’t care.
我可不想让你觉得我不在乎你。
I’d hate for you to miss the party.
我可不想让你错过这场派对。
I’d hate for you to leave our company.
我可不想让你离开我们公司。
I’d hate for you to get sick.
我可不想你生病。
II. DIALOGUES
A: Do you have the five dollars I lent you yesterday?
A:你带了我昨天借给你的那五美元吗?
B: Oh I forgot! I’ll run home real quick and bring you the money.
B:哦,我忘了!我马上去家里拿了给你送过来。
A: You don’t have to go right away.
A:你不用现在马上就去。
B: I’d hate for you to think I was lazy in returning your money.
B:我可不想让你觉得我还钱拖拖拉拉的。
A: That’s OK. I know you’re a responsible person.
A:没事的,我知道你是个负责任的人。
B: Yeah, but just the same, I’ll go home and get the money right away.
B:话是这么说,但还是一样,我现在就回家拿钱给你。 |
|