
What I get from creating a painting is a feeling of satisfaction for the body and the mind
创作一幅画我得到的是一种身体和心灵的双重满足满,
to be able to create something, to put something down.
因为你可以创造出一些东西,画出一些东西。
I paint because it is a necessity for myself,
我画画是因为这是我的必需品,
and when I don't do it I get very irritated and I'm not too happy to live with.
当我不能画画的时候,我会很生气,圣湖会不快乐。
My name is Jorge Arrieta Yances and I am a magical realism artist.
我的名字是豪尔赫·阿列塔·雅西丝,我是一位魔幻现实主义画家。
When I came here to the United States, I was 13 years old.
当我来到美国时,我才13岁。
Even though my family came from art background,
虽然我来自艺术世家,
trying to make a living was not easy.
谋生并不容易。
And so a lot of times I had to go and just find places you know,
所以有时候我得去找一些地方,
just to make my stretcher bars and canvas or not canvas.
自己做画画用的支架和画布,有时候甚至做不起画布,
It could have been just cardboard or paper.
只能用简单的纸板或纸。
In a way it was good because I learned that you can really work with whatever was available.
从某种程度上说,这是件好事,因为我了解到,任何东西都能拿来就用。
Being from Cartagena, we are the city of magical realism.
我们来自卡塔赫纳,这是魔幻现实主义之都。
For me magical realism is expressing something that is inside of you,
对我来说,魔幻现实主义表达的是你内心的东西,
expressing yourself and you combine that with part of what you see around you.
表达的是你自己,你把它和你所看到的部分结合在一起。
When you walk around in the old downtown Nashville and you see this old building,
当你在纳什维尔市中心漫步的时候,你会看到某座古老的建筑,
these old walls,
古老的墙,
if you really just take your time and you can see there were so many history,
如果好好去品味,你会发现其中蕴含了很多历史,
so many people that stood in those walls,
曾经有很多人都站在这城墙上,
that touch the walls,
触摸这些城墙,
the energy of everybody that was there before,
我们感受到他们的气息,
and that's what I get when I do my work.
这就是我在画画时感受到的。
So the faces and the bodies and everything that appears on my canvases they're there.
所以我的画布上的脸,身体和所有的东西都在那里。
I don't paint them. It's pretty much like,
我不是在画他们。就好像...
like the canvas is telling me 'Here I am.
就好像我的画布告诉我‘我在这里’
Do you need me? Do you want to paint me?
你需要用我吗?你想在我上面画画吗?
Do you want me to be part of your canvas?'
你想让我成为你画作的一部分吗?
Here it is because most of the time it’s not there in the next canvas. When I start a canvas,
我有这种感觉是因为下次画画的时候,就没有这种灵感了。当我开始画画时,
a lot of times, right away the canvas tells me where I should go.
很多时候我的画布就会告诉我应该怎么画。
My paintings, really they don't have titles and that's the idea.
说实话,我的画没有标题,只有我的想法。
Whoever looks at it,
不管是谁在看我的画,
let the viewer, whatever they can take out of the painting,
我都想让观众自由想象,不论他们能欣赏出什么,
that's what it's about.
这就是画画的意义。
My favorite painting is the next one that I'm going to create.
我最喜欢的画永远是下一幅我要画的。
Once I'm done I cannot wait to do the next one.
一旦我画完了,我就等不及要画下一幅了。
The next one is really the one that I think is going to be the best one.
我真的认为下一幅会是我的最佳创作。
And so, that's what keeps me motivated and keep on going.
所以,这就是我的动力所在。
I have had quite a few exhibits in Mexico in different cities.
我在墨西哥不同的城市都开过展览。
I have done exhibit in Colombia.
也在哥伦比亚做过展览。
I was invited to do exhibit in China, in Hong Kong.
我还被邀请去中国和中国香港做展览。
And here in the United States,
在美国,
I've done all over the states, all over the country.
我在各地展览,走遍天南海北。
To become a painter or an artist I believe that's something that is there,
我相信我有某种天赋成为画家或者艺术家,
it just comes.
灵感就这么来了。
Sometimes it's difficult but if you have it inside you will do it no matter what,
有时候过程很困难,但如果你内心有它,你无论如何画下去,
for as long as it takes.
无论多久。 |
|