英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【VOA常速英语】接入互联网

发布者: maitian | 发布时间: 2025-9-4 08:42| 查看数: 53| 评论数: 0|



Because our employees are experiencing, you know, 20 to 25 percent a day in downtime, due to the internet speed.

每天,我们有20%-25%的员工因为网速的缘故无法工作。

They're not, you know, being able to effectively do their work as efficiently as possible.

他们无法高效、迅速地完成自己的工作。

We have been waiting for a year and half to have fiber brought to us.

我们等新的光纤已经等了一年半了。

They just say that

他们就一直说

we're not within their territory and they don't have to provide a service.

我们不在他们的服务范围内,所以无法提供服务。

If it's an issue of giving service that's necessary for public safety,

如果提供网络事关公众安全,

then there's a very strong social argument or public argument.

那么肯定会有强烈的公众要求或社会要求。

So, hospitals, the police, homeland defense, perhaps other emergency services that are provided in the area.

所以这个区域的医院、警察、国土安全部和其他应急服务机构肯定都有网络。

It's a little bit more difficult to make an argument that,

但是如果你说

then you also need to subsidize internet service to an individual household.

每家每户都要能联网,那就很困难了。

The total package will probably be around five thousand dollars by the time it's brought to us

联网这一整套服务下来可能要花费5000美元左右,

installed, and all the fiber and things are done within the building.

从安装、光纤到建筑内部的设置。

I want to say packages are going to be around the 80 to 100 dollar range, depending on what speed you get.

我希望一整套服务的价格可以在80到100美元之间,取决于网速有多快。

We will be able to get up to, I want to say, 100 megabits per second or faster.

这样我们就能用上100M的网,甚至更快的。

Senator Chuck Grassley, we emailed him with just one time.

我们给参议员查克·格拉斯利发过一次邮件。

I told him about our dream of pursuing, buying this farm property,

我告诉了他我们的梦想,买下这个农场,

building a new home out here, wanting to work from home,

在这里建一个新家,然后在家办公

but was not able to because internet provider at that point did not have high speed.

但是由于当时网速不够快无法实现。

"It will happen, I'm just not sure when".

“我们肯定能用上高速网络,就是不知道什么时候能用上。”

But he said this Connect America funding was made available to internet providers through all of Iowa.

但他说爱荷华州的每个互联网供应商都享受到了美国联网资金。

If we plowed fiber to every one of these,

如果我们把光纤装到每家每户,

you're probably talking several hundred thousand dollars.

可能会花费几十万美元。

It could be in a million dollars in some of these exchanges, just to serve two, three, four or five customers.

有时候给2、3、4、5个客户提供服务就要花费一百万美元。

At the end of the day, the customers are going to be paying for that, one way or another.

最终,客户无论如何都会为这笔费用买单。

It may be through property tax or it may be through service subscription.

可能通过物业税,也可能通过服务订阅。

Now, if it's only relatively high income people who are the subscribers,

如果现在只有高收入人群订阅网络服务,

they're the ones who are then being subsidized by the people who don't buy the service,

那么不订阅这项服务的人事实上在为这些高收入人群缴纳补贴,

who are paying through their property tax.

因为他们就算不订阅服务也要缴纳财产税。

We currently use the CAF funding, the Connect America funds,

我们现在用的是CAF资金,

We've been in that program for several years, been very active in it.

我们已经参与这个项目几年了,一直都非常活跃。

And it helps us fund projects like this. Had we not had that funding,

所以我们才有可能资助这样的项目。如果我们没有这比资金,

I'm not sure we would have been able to reach out and serve all these rural customers.

我不确定我们是否还能为这些乡村地区的客户提供服务。

最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表