(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
I. EXAMPLES:
We are your employees, but this doesn’t mean that we must obey you unconditionally.
我们是你的员工,但这并不意味着我们必须无条件服从你。
You are much older than I am, but it doesn’t mean that you are right about everything.
你比我大很多,但这并不意味着你每件事都对。
I support this measure, but it doesn’t mean that I support you without reservation.
我支持这项措施,但这并不意味着我毫无保留地支持你。
I like you, but this doesn’t mean that I’ll marry you.
我喜欢你,但这并不意味着我会嫁给你。
II. DIALOGUES:
Wife: Dear, we have been driving around aimlessly for hours. Don’t you think we should ask for directions?
妻子:亲爱的,我们漫无目的地开了好几个小时了。你不觉得我们该问问路吗?
Husband: Look honey, maybe we’ve been driving for a long time, but this doesn’t mean that we’re lost.
丈夫:亲爱的你看,或许我们是开了挺久,但这并不意味着我们迷路了呀。
Wife: Really? Then what have we been doing all this time?
妻子:真的吗?那我们这半天一直在干嘛呀?
Husband: Well, we’re taking the scenic route.
丈夫:嗯,我们这是在走风景路线呢。
Wife: Oh, I see. You just don’t want to admit that we’re lost. You know, sometimes you’re too proud.
妻子:哦,我懂了。你就是不想承认我们迷路了。要知道,有时候你太好面子了。
Husband: OK, we’re lost, but this does not mean that you have to rub it in.
丈夫:好吧,我们是迷路了,但这不代表你非得揪着这事不放啊。
|
|