英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【TED英语演讲】让雄心照亮你,而非耗尽你

发布者: xkai2000 | 发布时间: 2025-8-11 08:23| 查看数: 153| 评论数: 0|



演讲题目:Let your ambition light you up, not burn you out

演讲简介

倦怠不应成为成功的代价,但在工作中设定边界往往知易行难。Kickstarter职场文化负责人塔文·福雷斯特(Tarveen Forrester)分享了实用策略,帮助你守护时间、培养“可持续的雄心”,让你在实现目标的同时,不让目标压垮自己。



中英文字幕

Like many of you, I was enamored by the hustle culture.

和你们许多人一样,我着迷于忙碌的文化。

As a VP of People and multi-time HR executive, I've led many teams and companies through burnout.

作为人力资源副总裁和多次人力资源主管,我曾领导许多团队和公司度过倦怠的时期。

I've also gone through it myself.

我自己也经历过。

Turns out, a lot of us have.

事实证明,我们很多人都有过。

Studies show that at least one in four employees globally have experienced burnout.

研究表明,全球至少四分之一的员工经历过倦怠。

Burnout sucks.

倦怠很糟糕。

If you know, you know.

如果你知道,你就知道。

But you know what's worse?

但你知道什么更糟糕吗?

It's dimming your light and your ambition.

它正在削弱你的光芒和你的野心。

You see, your ambition is a very special gift.

你看,你的野心是一份非常特别的礼物。

It's that fire in you that keeps you aspiring for more and pushes you to your fullest potential.

正是你内心的火焰让你对更多充满渴望并推动你发挥最大潜力。

I believe, with the right tools, you can nurture your ambition and avoid burnout.

我相信,通过正确的工具,你可以培养你的野心并避免倦怠。

This all starts with learning to set and maintain your boundaries within work, life and your relationships.

这一切都要从学习在工作、生活和人际关系中设定和维持你的界限开始。

Now boundaries kind of have a bad reputation, right?

现在边界的名声不好,对吧?

Some people think of them as an excuse to work less.

有些人认为它们是减少工作的借口。

Others as a reason to say no to everybody and everything.

其他人是对所有人和所有事说不的理由。

And some even believe they minimize your dreams.

有些人甚至认为他们会淡化你的梦想。

But boundaries are actually what empower you to do more and do it better.

但边界实际上是让你做得更多、做得更好的东西。

Boundaries give your ambition a sense of rhythm and pace so you can create what I call sustainable ambition.

边界让你的野心有节奏感和节奏感,这样你就可以创造我所说的可持续野心。

So what's the secret sauce?

那么秘诀是什么?

How do we effectively set boundaries?

如何有效地设定边界?

Well, it starts with this hard truth: you can't do everything and avoid burnout.

好吧,这始于一个残酷的事实:你不可能做所有事情并避免倦怠。

I'll paint the picture for you.

我来给你描绘一下。

It's four weeks away from that big deadline.

距离那个重要的截止日期还有四个星期。

You have mouths to feed, a home to maintain, workouts to attend.

你要养家糊口,要维护家,要参加锻炼。

And then boom, the inconvenient thing happens.

然后砰的一声,不方便的事情发生了。

Your child is sick.

你的孩子病了。

You're rushing to the vet.

你急于去看兽医。

Or the worst.

或者最坏的。

You receive bad news that rocks you.

您收到令您震惊的坏消息。

You're now sitting there in this predicament of trying to figure out: How am I going to do it all?

你现在坐在那里,陷入了试图弄清楚的困境:我将如何完成这一切?

Well, guess what?

好吧,你猜怎么着?

You're not.

你根本无法兼顾。

Before you can even begin to tackle your goals, you have to make peace with the reality that you can't do and be everything,

在你开始实现你的目标之前,你必须接受你无法做到并成为一切的现实,

especially in these moments of the unknown.

尤其是在这些未知的时刻。

Pushing yourself to the point of unsustainability is an extremely toxic cycle.

将自己逼到不可持续的地步是一个极其有害的循环。

And unsustainability and unrealistic expectations are exactly where burnout starts.

而不可持续性和不切实际的期望正是倦怠的开始。

So let's talk about how you can create a system to support your ambitions and your boundaries.

那么,让我们来谈谈如何创建一个系统来支持您的野心和界限。

First, you have to get crystal clear on your non-negotiables.

首先,你必须非常清楚你的不可谈判内容。

It's up to you to decide what tasks and what habits are essential for you when you hit those high-pressure moments.

当你遇到高压时刻时,你可以决定哪些任务和哪些习惯对你来说是必需的。

A non-negotiable could be something like meditating 10 minutes a day, getting to your kid's baseball game or prioritizing that workout.

不可协商的事情可能是每天冥想10分钟、观看孩子的棒球比赛或优先考虑锻炼。

As it does, life be lifing, and it'll throw you another curve ball.

正如它所做的那样,生活就是生命,它会向你扔另一个曲线球。

And when it does, I want you to ask yourself: How am I going to prioritize my non-negotiable?

当它发生时,我希望你问自己:我将如何优先考虑我的不可协商的事情?

What is the trade-off?

权衡是什么?

A trade-off is typically something like rescheduling a social activity, canceling your golf lesson.

权衡通常是重新安排社交活动,取消高尔夫课程。

This one's a little controversial, but maybe you're not watching Sunday Night Football.

这一个有点争议,但也许你不是在看星期天晚上的足球。

I know, I know, it's football season.

我知道,我知道,现在是足球赛季。

At the end of the day, we can't control all the things that are happening around us, but we can control how we react.

归根结底,我们无法控制周围发生的所有事情,但我们可以控制我们的反应方式。

So it's up to us to accept these trade-off moments, adapt and move forward.

因此,我们有责任接受这些权衡的时刻,适应并继续前进。

The second step is becoming aware of what I call your time bank.

第二步是意识到我所说的时间银行。

Now when you're frugal with your time, you have more time for your ambitions and your non-negotiables.

现在,当你节俭地利用时间时,你就有更多的时间来实现你的野心和不可谈判的事情。

And when you're frivolous with your time, you're running on that hamster wheel from one thing to another to another to another.

当你对时间毫无意义时,你就会在仓鼠轮上奔跑,从一件事到另一件事,再到另一件事。

So just like you would ponder a big purchase, the next time somebody requests your time or a commitment from you, I want you to ask yourself,

因此,就像你考虑一大笔购买一样,下次有人要求你花时间或要求你做出承诺时,我希望你问自己,

is this time worth spending?

这时间值得花吗?

Is this feasible?

这可行吗?

I like to ask myself: Is future me going to be mad at current me if I say yes to this?

我喜欢问自己:如果我同意这一点,未来的我会对现在的我生气吗?

It's important to talk to future you.

与未来的你交谈很重要。

And does this align with what future me wants?

这是否符合我想要的未来?

As you would be selective with a big purchase, learn to be selective with your time commitments.

正如你会选择购买大额商品一样,也要学会选择你的时间承诺。

This is how you learn to protect your time.

这就是你学会保护时间的方法。

The final step to sustaining your ambition is my favorite.

维持野心的最后一步是我最喜欢的。

Clearly communicating your boundaries.

清楚地传达你的界限。

Now nobody likes to say no.

现在没有人喜欢说不。

It's extremely uncomfortable.

非常不舒服。

We know this.

我们都知道。

I'm going to give you a few examples of how you can do this.

我将给你们举几个例子来说明如何做到这一点。

The first could sound something like, "I'd love to help with that, but I only have 30 minutes today.

第一个听起来可能是这样的:“我很想帮忙,但我今天只有30分钟。

Is that enough time to get us started?" Or it could be, "Thank you so much for the invite, but I already have plans."

这足够的时间让我们开始吗?“或者可能是,”非常感谢您的邀请,但我已经有计划了。"

Or maybe it's, "Mrs.

或者也许是,“夫人。

Manager, this project sounds so exciting, but I'm already at capacity.

经理,这个项目听起来很激动,但我已经满负荷了。

I'm happy to help with this, but I will need to shift and reprioritize my deadlines."

我很乐意为此提供帮助,但我需要改变并重新确定最后期限的优先顺序。"

Now when we first start to say no, it will be extremely uncomfortable, kind of cringe, you're probably going to feel guilty.

现在,当我们第一次开始说不时,会非常不舒服,有点畏缩,你可能会感到内疚。

This is natural.

这是自然的。

When this happens, I want you to remember: your work, your life and your relationships will never set boundaries for you.

当这种情况发生时,我希望你记住:你的工作、你的生活和你的人际关系永远不会为你设定界限。

It's up to you to create them.

创建它们取决于您。

After all, only you know your limits, your potential and your needs.

毕竟,只有你知道自己的极限、潜力和需求。

Starting to leverage clear communication as a resource and a tool will contribute to a higher-performing and more sustainable version of you.

开始利用清晰的沟通作为一种资源和工具,将有助于打造一个更高绩效、更可持续的版本。

So to bring us full circle,

为了让我们完整地回顾一下,

the hustle culture that we've been entrenched in for too long is being taken over by a generation of workers that are prioritizing work-life balance.

我们根深蒂固太久的忙碌文化正在被一代优先考虑工作与生活平衡的工人所取代。

The Gen Zs have completely run away from the hustle culture, yet the millennials are still stuck in it.

Z世代已经完全摆脱了忙碌文化,但千禧一代仍然陷入其中。

It's two sides of a spectrum.

这是光谱的两面。

But what if the sweet spot is actually in the middle?

但如果最佳点实际上在中间怎么办?

This means we hustle when we need to, because goals do require hard work.

这意味着我们在需要的时候就会忙碌,因为目标确实需要努力工作。

And we prioritize balance and boundaries when we need to because we must rest, recharge and reconnect with others.

当我们需要时,我们优先考虑平衡和界限,因为我们必须休息、充电并与他人重新建立联系。

A life with boundaries is a sustainable one.

有界限的生活是可持续的。

Give yourself the permission to have the time to crush your goals, the space for rest and the energy to continue to dream big.

允许自己有时间实现目标、休息的空间和继续实现远大梦想的精力。

It's time we let our ambitions light us up and not burn us out.

是时候让我们的野心照亮我们,而不是烧毁我们了。

Thank you.

谢谢。

最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表