
(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
蜂箱到达
The Arrival of the Bee Box
《蜂箱到达》
—— by Sylvia Plath
I ordered this, clean wood box
我订购了它,一只干净的木箱
Square as a chair and almost too heavy to lift.
椅子般方正,重得搬不动。
I would say it was the coffin of a midget
据我看,这是一个侏儒或者
Or a square baby
结实婴儿的棺材,
Were there not such a din in it.
要不是它里面如此喧嚣。
The box is locked, it is dangerous.
箱子锁着,它很危险。
I have to live with it overnight
我必须守着它过夜
And I can’t keep away from it.
我不能离开它。
There are no windows, so I can’t see what is in there.
没有窗子,我看不到里面有什么。
There is only a little grid, no exit.
只有一个小的格栅,出不去。
I put my eye to the grid.
我眼睛贴着格栅。
It is dark, dark,
阴暗,阴暗,
With the swarmy feeling of African hands
感觉像群集的非洲人的手
Minute and shrunk for export,
细小干瘪,为了出去
Black on black, angrily clambering.
黑色叠加黑色,愤怒地攀爬。
How can I let them out?
我如何放它们出去?
It is the noise that appalls me most of all,
那噪声吓坏了我,
The unintelligible syllables.
无法理解的音节。
It is like a Roman mob,
如一群罗马暴民,
Small, taken one by one, but my god, together!
一个个看,很小,可是聚集起来,天啊!
I lay my ear to furious Latin.
我聆听狂怒的拉丁语。
I am not a Caesar.
我不是恺撒。
I have simply ordered a box of maniacs.
我不过订购了一箱狂人。
They can be sent back.
可以将它们退回。
They can die, I need feed them nothing, I am the owner.
我什么也不喂,它们可以死掉,我是主人。
I wonder how hungry they are.
我在想它们有多饿。
I wonder if they would forget me
我在想它们是否会忘记我,
If I just undid the locks and stood back and turned into a tree.
如果我打开锁,退后,变成一棵树。
There is the laburnum, its blond colonnades,
那儿有金链花,它的金黄廊柱,
And the petticoats of the cherry.
还有樱桃的衬裙。
They might ignore me immediately
它们也许很快忽略
In my moon suit and funeral veil.
穿月光套装、戴葬礼面纱的我。
I am no source of honey
我不是蜂蜜之源,
So why should they turn on me?
它们为何转向我?
Tomorrow I will be sweet God, I will set them free.
明天我就是甜美的上帝,我将给它们自由。
The box is only temporary.
箱子只是暂时的。
|
|