英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【TED英语演讲】心中的火花是你最大的优势

发布者: englishfa | 发布时间: 2025-7-27 10:25| 查看数: 120| 评论数: 0|



演讲题目:Your inner fire is your greatest strength

演讲简介

环境活动家西冶·柏斯缇达分享到:希望并非仅仅是一种感觉,而是一种可以通过练习获得的技能。她从大自然的自愈性中获得启发,展示了信任当地的官员,他们一代代延续着保护自然的行动,而此举能将对自然环境的失望转化为点燃有意义改变的不竭动力的前因后果。



中英文字幕

My parents were really lucky.

我的父母真的很幸运。

They met each other at the first Earth Summit in 1992, and they kept seeing each other at climate events for years to come until they fell in love.

他们在1992年的第一届地球峰会上相识,他们在接下来的几年中的气候活动中持续见面直到他们坠入爱河。

They weren't the coolest parents because they were the only people I knew talking about climate change, but they were the strongest parents.

他们不是最酷的父母,因为他们是我认识的唯一谈论气候变化的人,但他们是最坚强的父母。

And that fire was passed on to me, the fire to stand up when almost nobody else is.

那种内在火花传递给了我,当无人起身时,我站起来的“勇气”。

And this is something that I felt through different moments in my life,

这是一种感受,他们伴随我穿越生命的不同时刻,

like when I was in second year of kindergarten and I was named Water Protector,

比如我上幼儿园二年级的时候,我被任命“节水小卫士”,

which meant that I had to close the faucet every time my classmates washed their hands when we were five years old.

这个称号就意味着,每次我的同学们洗手后,我需要去关掉水龙头,那时我们五岁出头的年纪。

This fire also prepared me for the very worst.

这束火花让我在最低谷时亦有备无患。

When I was 13 years old, my hometown in central Mexico, an indigenous community called San Pedro Tultepec, flooded up to my knees.

当我13岁时,居住在家乡墨西哥中部,一个名叫圣佩德罗·图尔特佩克的土著社区,而那里洪水泛滥,没过双膝。

The scary part was not the extent or the speed at which the flood came, but the color and the smell.

最可怕的不是洪水波及的范围或蔓延的速度,而是(带来的污水)颜色和气味。

The water came from the overflow of the Lerma River, one of the most contaminated rivers in the Americas,

莱尔马河的溢流,而它是美洲污染最严重的河流之一,

and it was full of waste from more than 2,000 factories in 10 industrial parks that feed a lot of Mexico City.

充斥着超过两千家工厂的排泄污水,分布于十个工业园区之中,而这些工厂,支撑着一大部分墨西哥城。

This is the moment that I realized that the climate crisis wasn't just about the climate disasters, the floods, the wildfires, the warming,

也就是这个时刻,我意识到气候危机不仅仅是气候灾害、洪水、野火、变暖,

but really magnifying a lot of injustices, like when our soil and our skin is polluted.

而且确实放大了许多不公正,比如我们的土壤和地皮受到污染时。

It was a turning point for me, and I went on to pursue relentless climate activism.

这对我来说是一个转折点,我继续坚持不懈地开展气候行动。

I spoke at the United Nations for the first time at 15 years old, and I saw that there was no youth speaking in these spaces.

我15岁时第一次在联合国讲话,我看到这些场合没有年轻人发声。

There was no proactiveness in accepting that this is inherently a generational injustice.

人们没有积极主动接受这种本质上是相传已久的不公正。

And I went on to organize some of the largest climate strikes in history with youth from all around the world in New York City.

我接着在纽约市组织了一些有史以来规模最大的气候罢工,有来自世界各地的年轻人参加。

Me and 60 kids organized a strike of 300,000 people, and I was beaming.

我和六十位年轻人组织了一次30万人的罢工,而我满怀自豪。

That was the brightest my heart has ever been, when you are walking with people who see possibility in every step.

当你与每一步都看到可能性的人同行时,那是我有史以来最灿烂的心情。

And then the pandemic came, the movement diluted, and probably it fell from your news feed as much as it did from mine.

然后疫情来了,这场运动被淡化了,可能它和我的新闻推送一样从你们的新闻推送中消失。

That was a really hard time, but I did have two learnings.

那是一段非常艰难的时光,但我确实有两点收获。

The first one is that a movement cannot succeed if it's rooted in anger and fear.

第一点,一个运动如果源自于愤怒和恐惧,就不可能成功。

We have the right to feel angry about many climate injustices, and most of climate science does elicit a lot of fear.

我们有权对许多气候不公感到愤怒,大多数气候科学,确实引起了很多恐惧。

But one time I was on a strike, and somebody on the sidelines asked me, "Are you marching for something or against something?"

但是有一次我正在罢工,有人在场边问我:“你游行是为争取还是反对什么?”

Because I'm tired of marching against things,that was a really introspective moment for me,

因为我已经厌倦了反抗事物,对我来说,那是一个真正的内省时刻

and it showed me that I really had to show up from a place of deep love and deep care for life.

它让我明白,我必须在一个对生命充满深爱和深切关怀的地方露面。

The second learning that I had was all about how most climate activists, most of my friends, burn out really fast.

我的第二点收获是关于大多数气候活动家,我的大多数朋友,往往会很快经历奔溃。

Because when you join a movement, because you feel an injustice and you go right into it, we have the tendency to do as much as we can,

因为当你加入一个游行时,因为你感到不公正,直接参与其中,我们极易去做尽可能多的事情,

as fast as we can, and not take care of ourselves.

并以极快的进度推进,而忽略了照顾我们自己。

When I was 17 years old, organizing this huge strike that, by the way, we only had a permit for 17,000 people, and when 300,000 showed up,

当我17岁时,组织了这次声势浩大的罢工,顺便说一下,我们仅获得不超过一万七人的许可,而当天有三十万人到场,

it was -- I mean, you can imagine.

我想说,你可以想象……

Organizing this strike, applying to 18 colleges, negotiating with the Department of Education,

组织这次罢工,向十八所大学提出申请,与教育部进行谈判,

so that they would let us go to the streets without any academic repercussion, and I collapsed in my history class.

这样他们就可以在没有任何学术影响的情况下让我们走上街头,而我在历史课堂上晕倒了。

The doctor told me it was heart palpitations and asked me if I was stressed or if I had a history of heart issues.

医生告诉我这是心悸,问我是否有压力,或者我是否有心脏病史。

I vowed to myself that I wouldn't put myself through that for activism, because that's not what activism is about.

我暗暗发誓,我不会为了行动主义,而让自己置于此境地,因为这不是行动主义的目的。

Activism is a practice of creativity, of looking at something and asking how it can be better and fairer.

行动主义是一种创造力的实践,是审视某件事并找寻如何才能变得更好、更公平的方法。

These learnings led me to a path that I am in now, which is this struggle of knowing the magnitude of the crisis,

这些收获指引我走上现在的道路,那就是了解危机的严重性,

knowing that almost nobody is caring about it as we were five, six years ago anymore.

以及知道几乎没有人像五、六年前那样关心这场危机的之间的挣扎。

And this feeling that our governments, our institutions are not doing enough.

还有种感觉,即我们的政府、机构做得还不够。

And the question is, how do we stay active?

问题是,我们如何保持活跃?

How do we stay engaged?

我们如何保持参与度?

So I developed the tools for hope.

因此,为希望我开发了工具。

I don't like the word hope.

我不喜欢”希望“这个词。

I've been told as many youth activists many times that we give people hope, and then it gives people permission to not stand up themselves.

许多青年活动家曾告诉我,我们给人们带来希望,而随之也让人们觉得无需自己发声。

So let me give you my definition of hope.

因此,让我告诉大家我对希望的定义。

Hope is like that internal force within you, the fire that gives you direction and vision.

希望就像你内在的驱动力,为你指明方向和愿景的火花。

For my indigenous community, fire is sacred.

对于我的土著社区来说,火是神圣的。

We tell stories around a fire.

我们围坐篝火旁讲着故事。

We do sweat lodges around the fire.

我们围着火炉做汗蒸。

And sometimes we do ceremonies that last for weeks, and we have a fire keeper.

有时候开启的仪式会持续数周,而且我们有一个火花保护者。

And that is the same that is inside each and every one of us.

根植于我们每个人内心深处,莫不如此。

So my elders ask me, "How is your fire doing?" What they mean is, how is your conviction?

所以我的长辈问我:“你的火花可好?”他们的意思是,你还有信心吗?

They give me tips on how to keep this fire bright.

他们给了我如何保持火焰明亮的建议。

The first one is reframing.

第一个是重新构图。

We have been told time and time again that we are heading towards climate apocalypse.

我们一次又一次地被告知,我们正在走向气候末日。

And I ask, haven't many communities suffered apocalypse?

那我想问,有多少社区没经历过世界末日吗?

Haven't many communities ended with colonization, with displacement?

难道不是很多社区都以殖民化和流离失所而告终吗?

And so I choose to say that we're not heading towards apocalypse, we are rising from many.

因此,我选择说,我们并非走向世界末日,我们正在从许多世界末日中崛起。

When you have that vision, you become empowered to learn and act as if we are truly rebuilding.

当你有了这个愿景时,如果我们真的在重建,你就会有动力学习和行动。

And we are resilient, and we're tapping into the histories that we share.

而且我们有韧性,我们正在书写我们共同的历史。

Another way that we can reframe things is, frankly, our economic system.

我们可以重构事物的另一种方式是,坦率地说,我们的经济体系。

I've always been struck by the fact that things are always valued when they're dead or extracted, like a tree.

我一直对这样一个事实感到震惊,即事物在死亡或被提取时,才会受到重视,就像一棵树。

But we have not figured out how to create economic systems that value life.

但是我们尚未搞懂如何创建珍惜生命的经济体系。

We talk about ecosystem services, about carbon sinks.

我们谈论生态系统服务、碳汇。

We talk about oxygen and water filtration.

我们谈论氧气和水过滤。

But these are not in our balance sheets.

但这些不在我们的资产负债表中。

Why haven't we given ourselves the challenge to value life?

为什么我们没有给自己珍惜生命的挑战?

The second tool for hope is learning insights from nature.

实现希望的第二个工具是从大自然洞见中学习。

I grew up learning that nature is very wise, that we must act in reciprocity, in harmony and in balance.

我从小就了解到大自然非常智慧,我们必须以互惠、和谐和平衡的方式行事。

But you don't really learn insights from nature until you truly observe.

但是,除非你真正观察,否则你无法真正从大自然中学到见解。

When you truly immerse yourself.

当你真正沉浸其中的时候。

A few years ago, I was walking down a beach, and I saw how, with each step, my footprints would be marked on the sand.

几年前,我在海滩上散步,我看到每走一步,沙滩上都会留下我的足迹。

The stronger I stepped, the deeper the footprint would be.

我踏得越重,足迹就会越深。

And I was reminded how I'm always told that I should leave a mark on this planet.

而总有人提醒我我应该在这个星球上留下印记。

If I truly wanted to leave a mark, I would stand still, and I would stay sunk.

如果我真的想留下印记,我会原地不动,我会向下下沉。

Are we losing the bigger picture?

我们迷失了大局吗?

Are we not making it to where we need to be because we are too focused on leaving our mark?

难道我们不是因为过于专注于留下自己的印记而达到我们需要的目标吗?

Learning from nature leads to connection, and connection leads to this deep feeling of stewardship.

向自然学习会带来连接,人际关系带来这种深刻的管理感。

That fuels my fire.

关系点燃我的火花。

It really does.

确实如此。

I know that I will never stop fighting for this beautiful planet, even when there is ups and downs in the movement.

我知道,即使运动有起有落,我也永远不会停止为这个美丽的星球而战。

if we're popular and if we're not popular, it doesn't matter, because I have seen many things that I'm blessed to have seen.

无论我们是否受欢迎,那都无所谓,因为我是何其幸运,见识广阔。

The third tool for hope is conscious, vivid imagination.

实现希望的第三个工具是有觉知、生动的想象力。

Every single story that I have been told about the future, especially when it comes to climate, has been, you know, futures with no water,

你知道,我听到的关于未来的每一个故事,尤其是气候方面的故事,都是没有水的未来,

cities frozen over because a climate solution went wrong.

城市因为气候解决方案出错而停滞不前。

And we just have a collective imagination of the future that is one in which we are not thriving with nature.

而我们对未来的集体想象往往是我们无法与大自然繁荣共处的未来。

We have been predisposed to that.

我们已经习以为常了。

And I see how it's entertainment.

而且我明白这颇具娱乐性。

It's easier for us to sit and watch these type of movies or films.

对我们来说,坐下来看这类电影或影片容易多了。

But have you thought about how it's way harder to imagine positive futures?

但你有没有想过,想象一个积极的未来却要难得多?

It is harder to think, in the year 2050, and waking up one morning and thinking about how that day is going to be.

在2050年,很难思考,有一天早上,醒来想一想那一天会怎样。

And some of the most beautiful times that I share with my fellow climate activists is when we sit together and we ask,

我与气候活动家们分享的最美好的时光是我们坐在一起问,

what does the future look like if we win?

如果我们赢了,未来会是什么样子?

And all of a sudden, the future is truly beautiful.

突然之间,未来真的很美好。

I imagine taking my granddaughter to see the reefs.

我想象带着我的孙女去看珊瑚礁。

I imagine taking my grandson to see the ice.

我想象带我的孙子去看冰。

I imagine a world where we don't have to run from hurricanes or wildfires.

我想象一个我们不必躲避飓风或野火的世界。

I imagine a world where we are connected, and our kids get to experience the world that we have the privilege to see.

我想象一个我们相互联系的世界,我们的孩子能够体验我们有幸看到的世界。

I've been called naive many, many times.

很多,很多次人们告诉我这想法太天真,

And I think the naivety is to believe that we keep going in the way that we are and thinking that we will be OK.

我认为天真在于相信我们继续按照我们现在的方式前进并认为我们会没事的。

I have spent my life in this, and I will keep doing it.

我的一生都在致力于此,而且我会继续做下去。

And my ask from you is that you see my fire and that you mirror it.

而我呼吁大家,你要看见我的火焰,然后点亮你的火焰。

My ask from you is that you shine so bright that the future can see you.

我对你的要求是,你闪耀得如此明亮,让未来能够看到你。

My ask is that we become vessels of the fire of humanity that makes us truly who we are.

我呼吁大家,你要足够闪耀,以至于未来能看到你。

And I will leave you with one last thought, which is we marched by the thousands not because we wanted to change government and businesses,

我想留给你们最后一个想法,那就是我们数千人游行并不是因为我们想改变政府和企业,

not because we wanted empowerment and we wanted community.

并不是因为我们想改变政府和企业,

We marched because every single step represented a possibility that we could get a better future.

我们之所以游行,是因为每一步都代表着我们获得更美好未来的可能性。

And I invite you to walk every day in your lives with each step that we take, we are walking into possibility.

我邀请大家走在生活中的每一天,让我们迈出的每一步都走向无限可能。

Thank you.

谢谢。


最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表