
演讲题目:How my (slightly annoying) art went viral
演讲简介:
数字先锋约书亚·沙赫特(Joshua Schachter)分享了他意外走红的经历:他编程让机器人在本应极具治愈感的绘图仪艺术中故意制造“错误”,这一尝试竟引发了数百万次观看(以及滑稽又强烈的反响)。本文将探讨如何将挫败感转化为创作成功——并揭示古怪意外的艺术为何能吸引全球观众。
中英文字幕
So for many years I've been doing computer art, geometric art with pen and paper on plotters.
所以多年来我一直在用绘图仪上的笔和纸做计算机艺术、几何艺术。
I write the code and sometimes I build the machines.
我写代码,有时我建造机器。
I would upload the stuff to social media, figuring maybe people like the soft noises and the clicks and pops and so on.
我会把这些东西上传到社交媒体上,想也许人们喜欢轻柔的声音,点击声和砰砰声等等。
No one really paid any attention to it.
没有人真正关注它。
At some point, someone gave me a chocolate 3D printer extruder, and I filled it with acrylic paint, and set it up and made a terrible mess.
在某个时候,有人给了我一个巧克力3D打印机挤出机,我在里面填充了丙烯酸油漆,然后把它设置好,结果搞得一团糟。
I wanted to try out making some dots, and I wrote a little program, and the dots weren't in order.
我想试着画一些点,我写了一个小程序,这些点没有按顺序排列。
These were reactions it got.
这些是它得到的反应。
Some people got angry.
有些人生气了。
Some people sympathized with the robot.
一些人同情机器人。
Some people danced to it.
有些人跟着它跳舞。
Mostly angry.
主要是生气。
If you go in a line, it'll be faster.
如果你排成一行,会更快。
If you go in a line, it'll be -- it'll be quicker if you go in a line.
如果你排队的话,那就--如果你排队的话会更快。
I think -- you're going side to side.
我认为--你会左右走。
You should go in a line and you'll go faster.
你应该排队,这样你就会走得更快。
Just go -- go in a line!
走--排队!
This one is "Bad day at the circle factory." I realized you could manufacture emotions of various kinds with just a robot and pen and paper.
这是“圆环工厂糟糕的一天。“我意识到你只需一个机器人、笔和纸就可以制造各种情感。
So I leaned into it.
所以我就研究了一下。
People got very upset.
人们非常沮丧。
And I got yelled at a lot.
我经常被吼。
Very gently.
非常温柔。
A lot about "I hope your pillow is warm." These started getting millions and millions of views.
很多关于“我希望你的枕头是温暖的。“这些开始获得数百万次观看。
And a lot of reactions as well.
还有很多反应。
Circle, circle, circle, I love you. Circle, circle. Did I confess too soon? I confessed too soon! Never mind, never mind!
圈圈,圈圈,圈圈,我爱你。圈圈,圈圈。我表白得太快了吗?我表白得太快了!没关系,没关系!
People asked me to do mazes.
人们要求我做迷宫。
OK.
好的.
How do you screw up a maze?
如何搞砸迷宫?
This is how.
就是这样。
It went right past the exit.
它直接穿过了出口。
I had to learn the rules of this little medium.
我必须学习这个小媒介的规则。
It had to be 12, maybe 15 seconds.
它必须是12秒,也许是15秒。
Go quickly.
快点走。
And I had to try to hide the mistake underneath the mechanism.
我不得不试图将错误隐藏在机制之下。
And mostly the ending had to be traumatic.
而且结局大多是创伤性的。
I promised people--I would promise people oddly satisfying, and then I would betray them.
我向人们承诺--我会向人们承诺令人奇怪地满意,然后我会背叛他们。
People thought this was about AI.
人们认为这是关于人工智能的。
That one went super viral.
那件事在网上疯传。
People spent 200,000 hours watching my 17 second video.
人们花了20万个小时观看我的17秒视频。
I got so many notifications my phone died repeatedly for days.
我收到了很多通知,我的手机连续几天没电了。
So ultimately, constraints are great for making art, but you ultimately end up becoming a crappy cover artist of your own work.
所以最终,限制对于艺术创作来说是很好的,但你最终会成为自己作品的蹩脚封面艺术家。
And I didn't really like that, so I took a break.
我真的不喜欢这样,所以我休息了一下。
But remember that if you go on the internet and see something that annoys you just a bit ...
但请记住,如果你在互联网上看到一些让你有点恼火的东西.
it might have been me.
可能是我。
Thank you.
谢谢。
|
|