英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【TED英语演讲】帮助你成为更好的领导者的“热门法则”

发布者: wangxiaoya | 发布时间: 2025-7-14 10:07| 查看数: 155| 评论数: 0|



演讲题目:The "hot shot rule" to help you become a better leader

演讲简介

信心不是来自于行动,而是来自于行动,商业领袖凯特·科尔如是说。她曾是一名女服务员,后来成为一家全球健康公司的首席执行官。她提出了一种简单而有力的做法,称为“热门法则”,帮助你进入领导心态,摆脱惯性,在最重要的时候采取果断行动。



中英文字幕

So when I think about confidence, I first ground myself in the definition.

当我想到信心时,我首先将自己置于这个定义中。

Confidence is just the reliance or assurance that we believe in someone's abilities or qualities.

信心就是我们相信某人的能力或品质的依赖或保证。

But how do we know someone's abilities or qualities?

但我们如何知道某人的能力或品质呢?

How does anyone believe in mine?

怎么会有人相信我的这一切呢?

It's simply through actions.

只有通过行动。

So the best way to drive and build confidence, whether we're looking to hone it or build a reputation for it or encourage people to have it in us,

推动和建立信心的最佳方法,无论我们是希望磨练信心、为信心建立声誉还是鼓励人们拥有信心,

is to drive action.

就是推动行动。

Interestingly, many people think you need a lot of confidence to take bold action.

有趣的是,许多人认为采取大胆行动需要很大的信心。

I think the opposite is true.

我认为事实恰恰相反。

It's action.

这是行动。

Just getting comfortable with it over time.

只是慢慢适应而已。

Doing more and better regularly.

定期做得更多更好。

It's reps of action that drive confidence.

行动才能带来信心。

And that action, and that confidence is what allows us to learn and grow.

这种行动和信心是我们学习和成长的动力。

I'm someone who wants to continue to learn and grow.

我是一个总是想要继续学习和成长的人。

No matter how old I get, how many successes or challenges, how long I've been in a role or company, I want to get better.

无论我多大,有多少成功或挑战,无论我在一个职位或公司任职多久,我都想变得更好。

And you're here, so I know you do, too.

你今天来到这里,我知道你也是这样的。

So the question is,

问题是,

what techniques or practices can help us cut through the challenges that are in our way to acting our way to confidence and growth.

哪些技术或实践可以帮助我们克服阻碍我们采取行动的挑战,以增强信心和成长。

Many people believe some of the best actions are when we show up in tough times, and that's true.

许多人相信一些最好的行动是当我们在困难时期出现时,这是真的。

But it's almost easier to take bold action when things are hard.

但当事情困难时,采取大胆行动几乎更容易。

There aren't a lot of options.

没有太多选择。

The more special muscle is the ability to coach ourselves to be greater, to do more, to be better, even when times are pretty good,

更特别威信是训练自己变得更伟大、做得更多、做得更好的能力,即使在时代相当好的时候,

and to recognize that complacency is a very real thing, and we are all blinded by our own progress.

并认识到自满是一件非常真实的事情,我们都被自己的进步蒙蔽了双眼。

So one of the tools in my toolbox to drive action and confidence and growth is the ability to cut through that complacency.

我工具箱中推动行动、信心和增长的工具之一就是消除自满情绪的能力。

And I first learned this lesson from my mom.

我第一次从我妈妈那里学到了这门课。

When I was nine years old, my mom came to me and said, "That's it, I'm done. We're leaving."

当我九岁时,我妈妈来找我说:“就这样,我受够了。我们要走了。“

And what she meant was we were leaving my father.

她的意思是我们要离开我的父亲。

My father was and is a very good man.

我的父亲过去是、现在仍然是一个非常好的人。

But at the time, he was an alcoholic and a terrible husband and father.

但在当时,他是一个酒鬼,一个可怕的丈夫和父亲。

So when my mom came to me at the age of nine, I didn't cry, and I didn't get upset.

所以当我九岁时妈妈找到我时,我没有哭,也没有难过。

I remember thinking, "What took you so long?

我记得我当时想:“你怎么撑了这么长时间?

Finally, it's about time."

终于,是时候了。"

So often there are people around us just waiting on us to take the action, to do the thing, to do the right thing.

我们周围的人经常等待我们采取行动,做事情,做正确的事情。

And since then, I've been inspired to have practices that drive action over and over.

从那时起,我受到启发,开始进行一遍又一遍地推动行动的实践。

Little ones every day, or bigger ones, like what my mom did that day.

每天都有或大或小的事情发生,就像我妈妈那天所做的那样。

We did leave my dad.

我们确实离开了我父亲。

My mom fed us on a meager food budget, worked multiple jobs for many years,

我的妈妈靠微薄的食物预算养活我们,多年来做过多种工作,

and over the course of my young life, I got to see her day-to-day example.

在我年幼的日子里,我看到了她的日常,并把她作为榜样。

Someone without resources, without a playbook.

她是一个没有资源、没有剧本的人。

She had no coach.

没有人指导她。

She had no one to mentor her through this experience.

没有人指导她度过这段经历。

She just acted her way to growth and improvement over time.

随着时间的推移,她只是按照自己的方式成长和进步。

As a result of this childhood, I started working at a very young age.

由于这样的童年,我很小就开始工作了。

At 15, I worked in malls.

15岁时,我在购物中心工作。

At 17, I was a restaurant hostess.

17岁时,我是一名餐厅女服务员。

At 18, a waitress.

18岁时,我是一名女服务员。

At 19, I began my leadership journey, opening franchises around the world.

19岁时,我开始了我的领导之旅,在世界各地开设了特许经营店。

By the age of 26, I was an executive in a very large company.

26岁时,我已成为一家大公司的高管。

And while I had fantastic supervisors and managers who helped me through my career, I lacked some of that outside-in perspective,

虽然我有出色的主管和经理,他们帮助我完成了我的职业生涯,但我缺乏一些由外而内的视角,

The mentoring, the things that could help stretch me beyond my day-to-day job.

指导可以帮助我超越日常工作的事情。

So I started developing some self-coaching practices.

所以我开始制定一些自我指导实践。

And one day I heard from a restaurant consultant that you should sometimes imagine someone else in your role to help motivate you to take action.

有一天,我从一位餐厅顾问那里听说,有时你应该想象你的角色中有其他人来帮助激励你采取行动。

So I started doing that, and it helped.

我开始这样做,而且这很有帮助。

So I started thinking about people I admired, someone specific,

我开始思考我钦佩的人,他们是特定的人,

and there was something about thinking of someone I admired that brought this element of additional capabilities and excellence.

我想到一个我钦佩的人,他带来了其他方面的能力和卓越的元素。

It also made me feel a little accountable to act on whatever came to mind.

这也让我觉得有一点责任去做任何想到的事情。

And these practices evolved into today what is the "hot shot rule." The hot shot rule is simply this.

这些做法演变成今天的“热门法则”。热门法则就是这样。

It is the act of regularly thinking about my role, everything I have, the challenges, the opportunities, envisioning someone I admire in my role,

这是定期思考我的角色、我所拥有的一切、挑战、机会,想象我所钦佩的人担任我的角色,

asking myself what's one thing that person I admire would do differently to make that situation better, acting on it within 24 hours,

问自己,我钦佩的人会采取什么不同的做法来让情况变得更好,在24小时内采取行动,

and then, that's not the last step, telling those involved once things get put in motion.

然后,这还不是最后一步,一旦事情开始运作,就告诉相关人员。

I say something like, "Hey, I could have or should have done this thing, but I didn't. And now we are..."

我会说这样的话:“嘿,我本来可以或应该做这件事,但我没有。现在我们却……”

And so let's practice it.

所以让我们付诸实践吧。

So I think first of my role as a mother.

我首先想到我作为妈妈的角色。

I think of how I can be a better mom.

我在想我怎么能成为一个更好的妈妈。

I think of my role as daughter.

我还想到我作为女儿的角色。

I think of how I can be a better daughter, and I envision someone I admire.

我想我怎么能成为一个更好的女儿,我想象我钦佩的人。

But often, and we're here to talk about work, I think about my professional role.

但通常,当我们来这里谈论工作时,我会思考我的职业角色。

So I think about my role as CEO of AG1.

所以我想到了我作为AG1首席执行官的角色。

I have this incredible opportunity to be the leader of a phenomenal, foundational nutrition company,

我有这个不可思议的机会成为一家卓越的基础营养公司的领导者,

with millions of customers who rely on us to empower their health journeys,

拥有数百万客户,他们依靠我们为他们的健康之旅提供帮助,

and so many team members who rely on me to be my best.

还有很多团队成员都依赖我发挥最好的作用。

Our customers and my team deserve for me to be the best over time.

随着时间的推移,我们的客户和我的团队值得我成为最好的。

Not comfortable because we've had multiple years of success, but always starting with that day one energy.

虽然不那么舒坦,我们还是已经取得了多年的成功,总带有开始第一天的能量。

Then I envision someone I admire.

然后我想我钦佩的人。

So I just met all of you, I think of you.

我以前认识了你们,现在就想起了你们。

Now I envision you in my seat tomorrow.

我可以想象你明天坐在我的位子上。

I'm gone, and I'm just watching you in my role.

我不在了,我只是看着你扮演我的角色。

And I ask, what's one thing and the first thing you would do differently to make the business better?

我问,你会做什么,第一件事是改变,让生意变得更好吗?

And something comes to mind, something actionable.

我想到了一些事情,一些可以采取行动的事情。

I take action on it within 24 hours, and then once it's in motion, I tell my team.

我在24小时内采取行动,一旦启动,我就会告诉我的团队。

Practicing the hot shot rule over time has led to things like flying to meet a business partner to hold them accountable when I had made excuses for them.

随着时间的推移,实践热门法则导致了一些事情,比如飞去见商业合作伙伴,当我为他们找借口时,让他们承担责任。

Or calling someone to apologize or acknowledge a situation I could have handled better or differently.

或者打电话给某人道歉或承认我本可以更好或以不同方式处理的情况。

It's led to me thinking about someone who has recently lost a parent or a loved one and envisioning them in my role.

这让我想起最近失去父母或亲人的人,并想象他们在我的角色中的样子。

And it's led to me just picking up the phone and calling my mom, and saying, "I love you, and how are you?"

这促使我拿起电话给我妈妈打电话,说:“我爱你,你好吗?”

It's led to me saying "thank you" to my husband for being a great partner.

这让我对丈夫说“谢谢你”,感谢我的丈夫是一个很好的伴侣。

It's also led to me stopping initiatives in the company that I was allowing to perpetuate because things were just comfortable,

这也导致我停止了公司中我允许延续的举措,因为一切都很舒服,

but they were no longer serving the business.

但他们不再为企业服务。

So that's what the hot shot rule is.

这就是热门法则。

And you can use it as a technique in a time of need anytime.

您可以随时在需要时将其作为一种技巧使用。

But its power lies in it being a regular, proactive practice.

但它的力量在于它是一种定期、积极主动的做法。

It used to be quarterly and then monthly, but now I practice it weekly.

以前是每季度一次,然后是每月一次,但现在我每周实践一次。

Every Sunday at 1 pm, when my kids, now five and seven, used to have naps, RIP naps.

每个周日下午1点,我的孩子们(现在五岁和七岁)都会午睡,那就午睡吧。

I take just a minute for myself.

我为自己花了一分钟。

I envision my role.

我设想我的角色。

I envision someone I admire.

我想象我钦佩的人。

I ask myself, what's one thing they would do differently in my role.

我问自己,在我的角色中,他们会做什么不同的事情。

The answer comes to mind.

答案浮现在脑海中。

I send the email, I schedule the flight, I put it in motion, and then once it's in motion, I tell my team.

我发送电子邮件,安排航班,工作运转起来,然后一旦工作运转,我就会告诉我的团队。

And over a year of practicing this weekly, a few things will happen.

经过一年的每周实践,会发生一些事情。

One, there are 52 things you've done that you otherwise might not have done or done as quickly.

第一,你已经做了52件事,否则你可能不会做或做得那么快。

It builds a reputation of vulnerability and bias for action.

它建立了脆弱和行动偏见的声誉。

My team brings things to me now because they know I'm constantly calling myself out.

我的团队现在给我带来东西,因为他们知道我不断地呼唤自己。

This practice has changed my life, and I believe it will change yours if you apply it.

这种做法改变了我的生活,我相信如果你应用它,它也会改变你的生活。

The idea of having a practice of reflection, intention and action to drive growth, to show up and do something we otherwise wouldn't have,

有一种反思、意图和行动的实践来推动成长,出现并做一些我们原本不会做的事情,

to break through complacency or past patterns is a superpower.

打破自满或过去的模式是一种超能力。

So be like my mom.

所以要像我妈妈一样。

Don't let patterns of the past get in the way of doing something different tomorrow.

不要让过去的模式妨碍明天做一些不同的事情。

Ask questions that help motivate action.

提出有助于激励行动的问题。

And act your way into growth and confidence.

并通过行动来成长和自信。

Thank you.

感谢聆听。

最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表