英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【TED英语演讲】如果气候运动感觉像是一场家庭聚会,会怎么样呢?

发布者: x-kai | 发布时间: 2025-7-13 10:01| 查看数: 68| 评论数: 0|



演讲题目:What if the climate movement felt like a house party?

演讲简介

这是一个大胆的气候运动的新愿景,这是一个信任和诚实的空间,艺术家激发行动,每个人都可以发挥作用。社会影响领袖马修·菲利普斯探讨了共同的目标和想象力如何能够重振气候行动的碎片化方法,并释放集体动力的力量。



中英文字幕

When you see the ideal climate movement, what do you imagine?

当你看到理想的气候运动时,你会想象什么?

When I imagine the ideal climate movement, I see a house of many rooms.

当我想象理想的气候运动时,我看到一座有许多房间的房子。

Each one of us can have a room inside that house, and while each of the rooms can be a different shape and size,

我们每个人都可以在房子里有一个房间,虽然每个房间可以有不同的形状和大小,

all the rooms are essential to making up the overall edifice of the house of the movement.

所有房间对于构成该运动之家的整体建筑至关重要。

This is how I've been thinking about the climate movement ever since I joined the United Nations in the lead up to the Paris Agreement.

自从我在《巴黎协定》签署之前加入联合国以来,我一直在思考气候运动。

My boss, Christiana Figueres, used to describe the Paris Agreement as like a house of many rooms.

我的老板克里斯蒂娜·菲格雷斯曾经将《巴黎协定》描述为一座由许多房间组成的房子。

The governments, the businesses, civil society, they all had a room in the Paris house.

政府、企业、民间社会,他们都在巴黎的房子里有一个房间。

That's what made Paris succeed in the moment.

这就是巴黎当时取得成功的原因。

But recently, it's like our movement has started to live in separate houses.

但最近,我们的运动好像开始分房了。

And this is leading to a fragmentation when we can afford it least.

当我们最无力承担时,这会导致碎片化。

Remember 2019, when four million people took to the streets across 4,000 cities to march on climate in a single day?

还记得2019年吗?一天之内就有400万人走上400个城市的街头就气候问题进行游行吗?

Last year, the figure was 70,000.

去年,这个数字是7万。

We are forgetting our own potential for mass collective action on climate.

我们正在忘记自己在气候问题上采取大规模集体行动的潜力。

I think we need to rebuild the house of many rooms.

我认为我们需要重建许多房间的房子。

But what kind of a house do we actually need to truly take on the climate crisis?

但我们实际上需要什么样的房子才能真正应对气候危机呢?

Well, we're going to need a much bigger house.

好吧,我们需要一座大得多的房子。

We're going to need a house that builds trust, and we're going to need a house that actually brings inside the artist to inspire us,

我们需要一座能够建立信任的房子,我们需要一座能够真正融入艺术家的房子来激励我们,

to spice things up a little bit.

给事情增添一点趣味。

So when I imagine this house, I like to imagine a vast 100-room structure, like the Alhambra Palace in Spain,

所以当我想象这所房子时,我喜欢想象一个拥有100个房间的巨大结构,就像西班牙的阿罕布拉宫一样,

where different beliefs clashed and cooperated throughout the ages.

不同的信仰在各个时代发生冲突和合作。

Because actually, the primary challenge our movement faces is in allowing different beliefs, different mindsets, to coexist under the same roof.

因为事实上,我们运动面临的主要挑战是允许不同的信仰、不同的心态在同一屋檐下共存。

We've got the realists, and the realists say we are rapidly hurtling towards negative planetary tipping points, with every year hotter than the last,

我们有现实主义者,现实主义者说我们正在迅速冲向负的地球临界点,一年比一年热,

with rising sea surface temperatures making the hurricanes we're experiencing right now twice as likely,

随着海面温度上升,我们现在经历的飓风可能性增加了两倍,

and with a crazy surge in oil and gas exploration that is leading to another 12 billion tons of emissions.

随着石油和天然气勘探的疯狂激增,导致另外120亿吨的排放。

But then there's the optimists.

但还有乐观主义者。

And they say, hang on a second.

他们说,等一下。

We're actually hurtling towards positive climate tipping points.

我们实际上正在冲向积极的气候临界点。

In energy, we added 50 percent more renewables capacity last year than the year before.

在能源方面,去年我们新增的可再生能源产能比前一年增加了50%。

In electric vehicles, one in five car sales was electric last year.

在电动汽车方面,去年五分之一的汽车销量是电动汽车。

Four years ago, it was one in 25.

四年前,这一比例为二十五分之一。

In batteries, sales are doubling every two to three years, which is wiping out half of fossil fuel demand.

在电池方面,销量每两到三年就会翻一番,这抵消了一半的化石燃料需求。

The realists and the optimists are obviously both correct.

现实主义者和乐观主义者显然都是正确的。

It's when we start embracing and housing both of them simultaneously that we root ourselves in the reality,

当我们开始同时拥抱和容纳它们两者时,我们才将自己植根于现实,

the realism of where we're at but leave ourselves defiantly optimistic in our ability to unleash change.

我们所处位置的现实主义,但让自己对自己释放变革的能力持挑衅乐观态度。

We start being able to take head on oil and gas's attempt to gaslight us, what I call oil-and-gaslighting.

我们开始能够正面应对石油和天然气试图照亮我们的企图,我称之为石油和天然气照明。

We start renewing our agency to act.

我们开始更新我们的机构以采取行动。

So I saw this happen at the UN climate negotiations in Dubai.

所以我在迪拜举行的联合国气候谈判中看到了这种情况。

By this time I've left the UN.

我已经离开联合国了。

I'm climate campaigning.

我正在开展气候竞选活动。

And in Dubai, the world expected governments to signal the end of the fossil fuel era.

在迪拜,世界期待各国政府发出化石燃料时代结束的信号。

But as we got into the second week, the outlook was not looking great.

但当我们进入第二周时,前景看起来并不太好。

We decided to convene a group of realist scientists, optimistic businesses and activists in a movement that wasn't ready to give up.

我们决定召集一群现实主义科学家、乐观的企业和活动家参加一场不准备放弃的运动。

We did media, advertisements, social content.

我们做了媒体、广告、社交内容。

We sent countless emails, made a lot of phone calls.

我们发送了无数电子邮件,打了很多电话。

We ended up crafting a letter to the president of the negotiations, clamoring for a phase out on fossil fuels, which in under 48 hours got 800,

我们最终起草了一封致谈判主席的信,呼吁逐步淘汰化石燃料,不到48小时就有800个,

then 1,000, then 2,000 signatures.

然后是1000个签名,然后是2000个签名。

And as all of this was happening, I was called into a private office only to find the COP president himself.

当这一切发生时,我被叫到一间私人办公室,却发现了COP主席本人。

And he said, "Hello, Matthew, I know what you're doing."

他说:“你好,马修,我知道你在做什么。"

And I thought, "Shit. He knows what I'm doing. I am in such trouble."

我想,“该死。他知道我在做什么。我有大麻烦了。"

But he said, "I know what you and your partners are doing, and I want you to know we support it."

但他说:“我知道你和你的合作伙伴在做什么,我想让你知道我们支持它。"

And I realized that when you start creating the places, the spaces where everyone can participate without finger-pointing,

我意识到,当你开始创造每个人都可以参与而无需指责的地方,

you start to connect and collaborate on an entirely new dimension.

您开始在一个全新的维度上进行联系和协作。

After that, we were getting spoken about by the negotiators.

此后,谈判代表开始谈论我们。

They would text us and say, "Hey, please keep the pressure up."

他们会给我们发短信说:“嘿,请继续施压。”

When the hammer finally came down on the last day of the negotiations, governments agreed to transition away from fossil fuels.

当谈判的最后一天锤子最终落下时,各国政府同意从化石燃料过渡。

Not perfect, sure, but the first time fossil fuels had ever been mentioned in a UN climate text.

当然,这并不完美,但这是联合国气候文本中首次提到化石燃料。

And while we knew our effort was only ever a small part of the overall success,

虽然我们知道我们的努力只是整体成功的一小部分,

we also felt like we were tapping into this collective energy that was greater than the sum of the individual parts.

我们还觉得我们正在利用这种集体能量,这种能量大于各个部分的总和。

But before I get completely carried away,

但在我完全得意忘形之前,

this house that we're building for our climate movement obviously needs to stretch way beyond these formal climate negotiations.

我们为我们的气候运动建造的这座房子显然需要超越这些正式的气候谈判。

There have been nearly 30 of them, after all.

毕竟已经有近30个了。

And it needs to be a house where we build trust, where those inside it are honest.

它需要成为一个我们建立信任、让里面的人诚实的房子。

And we particularly need trust from those big organizations that make up the global economy.

我们特别需要构成全球经济的大型组织的信任。

So before Dubai, I helped to create the world's largest climate coalition in a campaign called Race to Zero.

所以在迪拜之前,我帮助创建了世界上最大的气候联盟,在一个名为“零竞赛”的运动中。

It's got 15,000 organizations now, covering two-thirds of the global economy,

它现在有15000个组织,覆盖了全球经济的三分之二,

and they've all set their sights on halving emissions by 2030 and getting to zero by 2050.

他们的目标是到2030年将排放量减少一半,到2050年实现零排放。

And that's promising.

这是有希望的。

But simply having a bigger house is not enough on its own.

但是仅仅拥有一个更大的房子是不够的。

Some of these organizations are struggling to meet that goal.

其中一些组织正在努力实现这一目标。

Some of them are pulling back, going quiet or being unable to ask for help.

他们中的一些人正在退缩、沉默或无法寻求帮助。

And this is leading to a breakdown in trust, which threatens to pull our movement down from the inside.

这导致信任崩溃,这可能会从内部拉低我们的运动。

If we don't have trust, if we don't have truth, our movement is nothing.

如果我们没有信任,如果我们没有真相,我们的运动就什么也不是。

And I would say exactly the same about art.

对于艺术,我也会说完全相同的话。

Without art, we're nothing.

没有艺术,我们什么也不是。

So I want to return to that image of the Alhambra up on the hill.

所以我想回到山上阿罕布拉宫的图像。

Because the Alhambra is all about the art.

因为阿罕布拉宫的一切都与艺术有关。

Its design owes as much to poets and philosophers as it does architects.

它的设计既归功于诗人和哲学家,也归功于建筑师。

And like the Alhambra, our movement needs to bring inside the artists.

和阿罕布拉一样,我们的运动需要让艺术家融入其中。

Artists have inspired paradigm shifts on issues like race and sexuality.

艺术家激发了种族和性取向等问题的范式转变。

Think of David Hockney painting Queer Life when it was still illegal.

想想大卫·霍克尼画《酷儿生活》时仍然是非法的。

Or Billie Holiday singing a song like "Strange Fruit" a quarter of a century before the US Civil Rights Act.

或者比莉·哈乐黛在美国民权法案颁布前四分之一个世纪唱了一首像《奇异水果》这样的歌曲。

Or less profoundly, just think of Harry Styles getting photographed on an electric bike.

或者不那么深刻,想想哈利·斯泰尔斯骑电动自行车被拍到的情景。

Viral.

这是病毒式的。

The point is, artists have the power to awaken the public consciousness for mass climate action.

重点是,艺术家有能力唤醒公众对大规模气候行动的意识。

That's how we build the climate movement of the future.

这就是我们建立未来气候运动的方式。

A house of many rooms where each one of you is welcome to have a room inside, the realists and the optimists among you.

这是一座由许多房间组成的房子,欢迎你们每个人在里面拥有一个房间,现实主义者和乐观主义者都在你们中间。

Where we build trust with one another, including on the laws we need to meet our goals.

我们之间建立信任,包括实现目标所需的法律。

And where we also start inviting inside the artists to inspire us all in a movement of possibility for the best house party of all time.

我们还开始邀请艺术家内部激励我们所有人,为有史以来最好的家庭派对发起一场可能性运动。

The thing is, we know that four in five of us, globally, all want climate action.

问题是,我们知道,全球五分之四的人都希望采取气候行动。

We're already the 80 percent.

我们已经是80%了。

We just don't know we know it yet.

我们只是不知道我们还不知道。

Thank you so much.

感谢您的聆听。

最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表