英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【TED英语演讲】如何为自己发声——即使你不想说

发布者: qianyuan | 发布时间: 2025-7-10 09:56| 查看数: 193| 评论数: 0|



演讲题目:How to speak up — even when you don't want to

演讲简介

是什么阻止了你在最重要的时刻发声?卫生保健领导者莎拉·克劳福德·波尔提出了一个实用且富有激情的方法,来清楚而用心地进行令人不快的谈话,展现出它是如何使团队更加强大,并创造真正的影响力。



中英文字幕

Silence.

沉默。

It can be a needed moment of peace and contemplation.

它可能在安宁与沉思中必不可少。

But what happens when silence becomes a barrier?

但是,当沉默成为阻碍时会发生什么?

A barrier that muffles the voice of truth, of advocacy, of change?

当它抑制真理、倡导和变革声音时?

Speak up.

为自己发声。

Advocate for yourself.

为自己辩护。

Stand up for what you believe in.

坚持你所相信的。

That's what they say, right?

他们就是这么说的,对吧?

Well even though I know they're right, it's easier said than done.

然而,尽管我知道他们是对的,但说起来容易做起来难。

I'm sure we can all think of a time when we faced a crossroads.

我敢肯定,我们都能想象出我们面临抉择的时候。

Perhaps the precipice of an uncomfortable conversation when speaking up felt like the right, if not even essential, path.

也许是在一次濒临不自在的谈话中,我们感觉为自己发声正确, 但也不是非说不可,

But silence seemed safer.

而且沉默似乎更安全。

I can vividly see and feel myself being in those moments.

我能生动地看到并感受到自己身处其中。

Times when I stood red-faced, embarrassed or offended, frustrated or angry, with a sinking feeling in my stomach,

我红着脸站立着,感到尴尬或被冒犯,沮丧或愤怒,肚子里有一股异样的感觉,

unable to find my voice and unsure if I had the courage, confidence or will to face the difficult conversation before me.

无法发声,不清楚自己是否有勇气、信心或意愿,去应对那场令人不快的谈话。

North, I think about the North Star, a guide towards the good and right thing to do.

北方,让我想起北极星,一个指引正确和好事的向导。

In tricky situations, I remember my mom's voice.

在棘手的情况中, 我会回想起妈妈的声音。

"Be the best version of yourself." "Take the high road." "Say what needs to be said."

“成为最好的自己。”“坚持自己的路。”“说出需要说的话。”

South.

南方,

The S in south reminds me of support.

英文拼写的S让我想起了支持。

When people support me, I feel seen, cared for.

当人们支持我时,我会感到被关注、被关心。

When it comes to supporting others, I try to do the same.

所以当我支持他人时,我会尽量做到同样的事。

Leaning into tricky conversations with kindness and an intention of helping people grow.

友善地面对棘手谈话,并试着帮助人们成长。

And east, the E stands for empathy.

东方(East),E 代表同理心(empathy)。

Empathy sets the tone for a conversation.

同理心为谈话定下了基调。

As a leader, I want people to feel safe coming to me.

作为领导者, 我希望人们能放心地来找我。

I try to understand their feelings and create a safe place for them to be themselves.

我会努力了解他们的感受,并为他们创造一个安全的地方,让他们做自己。

And west.

西方(west),

The W stands for wonder.

W代表好奇心(Wonder)。

Getting curious about what might be going on for the other person.

意味着对另一个人可能发生的事情感到好奇。

I ask questions and listen, so I understand before trying to be understood.

我会问问题并倾听,这样我就能在尝试 被理解之前先理解人们。

When I focus on the principles of the compass, I'm able to move from reactive to proactive,

当我专注于道德指南针的原则时,我能够化被动为主动,

getting into a mindset where I can be true to my values and share my voice.

进入一种可以忠于自己的价值观,并分享自己声音的心态。

So I always remember the moral compass.

所以我永远记得道德指南针。

North: North Star, south: support, east: empathy, and west: wonder.

北方:北极星,南方:支持,东方:同情,西方:好奇。

I know when I'm true to my compass, I'm courageous, confident, the person I want to be, and I think the daughter my parents would be proud of.

我知道,当我忠于自己的指南针时,我能勇敢、自信地,成为我想要成为的人。我想我的父母会为这个女儿感到骄傲。

And with my husband and our two daughters, I get the chance to pay it forward.

有我的丈夫和两个女儿相伴,我就有机会把指南针传递下去。

So I hope you'll join me in leaning into tricky conversations, not only finding our voices but understanding the imperative to use them.

因此,我希望你能和我一起倾听棘手的对话,不只是要找到我们的声音,还要理解使用这些声音的必要性。

Stand up against the wrong, champion the right and be the voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.

挺身反对错误,捍卫正义,为那些无法为自己说话的人发声。

No matter how shaky or unsure, we can be a powerful instrument of change and advocacy, leaving all people involved stronger as a result.

无论变革和倡导有多么不稳定或不确定,我们都可以成为它们的强大助力,从而使所有参与者变得更加强大。

Thank you.

谢谢。

最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表