
I'm not the fastest milker in the world.
我不是世界上挤奶速度最快的人。
The cow really is the central part for my homestead anyway,
不管怎么说,牛确实是我家的重心,
because she does so many things,
因为她做了很多事,
she provides the milk,
她提供牛奶,
she gives me one calf a year that will go in the freezer.
她每年给我生一头小牛,可以度过冬天。
This isn't for everybody,even people who want a homestead,
这并不适合所有人,即使是那些想要宅地的人,
you know, milking not everything is for everybody.
你知道,不是每件事都适合每个人。
You need to love it and I do.
你需要爱它,我也一样。
I'm Paul Matt.
我是Paul Matt。
I live in Caddo Gap Arkansas.
我住在阿肯色州卡多峡谷。
My wife and daughters and I live on a 52-acre homestead that were pretty much developing.
我和我的妻子、女儿们住在一块52英亩的宅地上,这块地当时正处于开发阶段。
I have developed from scratch,and what we try to do is grow a lot of our own food.
我是白手起家,我们尝试着自己种植大量的食物。
Of course, being self-sufficient is kind of an ideal that may not really be fully attainable,but it's the goal.
当然,自给自足是一种不太可能完全实现的理想,但它是我们的目标。
I've always been really proud of my dad in his show,because he enjoys what he's doing,
我一直为我爸爸的节目感到骄傲,因为他喜欢他所做的,
and it's fun to watch him enjoy it,and teach other people about it because he likes it,and wants to keep the old way alive.
看着他乐在其中,并且因为他喜欢而教别人,想要保持旧的生活方式也很有趣。
I'm the creator of the farm hands companion show on YouTube.
我是YouTube上农场工人之友节目的创作者。
That's a show that's dedicated to the celebration,the preservation and the developing of the old-time traditional farm.
这是这是一个致力于庆祝、保护和发展旧式传统农场的节目。一场以庆祝为主题的节目,
That's something I'm real passionate about,
这是我真正热爱的东西,
and I love showing and teaching other people old-time skills that in a lot of instances are being forgotten.
我喜欢展示和教给其他人一些在很多情况下被遗忘的老技能。
You want to hear the only word I would probably ever say on my videos.
想听我在视频里说的不多的话。
The main reason I do this is I love it.
我这么做的主要原因是我喜欢它。
I can't not do it,
我不能不这样做,
and when people watch somebody talking or teaching about something they love, it's contagious.
当人们看到有人谈论或教授他们喜欢的东西时,这是有感染力的。
To me I'll be able to work with your hands and then enjoy the fruit of your labor.
对我来说,可以用双手劳动,然后享受劳动果实。
That sparks things and people that really not much else can.
这能激发出其他事物和人所不能激发的火花。
When you have individuals who are given the freedom to be and do what they want to do,
个人被给予自由去做想做的事情,
it ends up helping society,
它最终帮助了社会,
and it ends up bringing us closer together than it otherwise would in any other way.
它最终让我们比其他任何方式都更紧密地团结在一起。
|
|