英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【TED英语演讲】想要快乐和长寿?社交健康是关键!

发布者: wangxiaoya | 发布时间: 2025-8-3 09:54| 查看数: 152| 评论数: 0|



演讲题目:Why social health is key to happiness and longevity?

演讲简介

你知道照顾自己的身心健康是很重要的,但你的社交健康呢?社会科学家卡斯莉‧基兰指出,归属感和连结感对整体健康具有很实在的益处,她也会解释为什么这可能是通往更长寿、更快乐生活的关键。



中英文字幕

Parkour is a method of movement in which we train our bodies and minds to overcome obstacles.

跑酷是一种运动方法,我们训练自己的身体和思想克服障碍。

When most people think of parkour, they often think one of two things:

当大多数人想到跑酷时,他们通常会想到两件事之一:

young men jumping across rooftops or that episode of the American TV show "The Office," where they pretend to do "parkour" all over their office and parking lot.

年轻人跳过屋顶或美国电视节目《办公室》的那一集,遍布他们的办公室和停车场假装跳“跑酷”。

But despite its mainstream reputation, parkour is much more than that.

但尽管跑酷享有主流声誉,但其意义远不止于此。

At its highest and most competitive levels, parkour is not for everyone.

在最高、最具竞争力的水平上,跑酷并不适合所有人。

But when you break parkour down to its basic movements, it can have lifelong value for anyone.

但当你将跑酷分解到其基本动作时,它对任何人来说都具有终身价值。

Parkour is a life skill that helps you to navigate your environments more easily.

跑酷是一种生活技能,可以帮助您更轻松地浏览您的环境。

I'm a professional parkour athlete and coach from Hawaii.

我是一名来自夏威夷的职业跑酷运动员和教练。

My parkour journey started when I was 21 years old.

我的跑酷之旅始于我21岁。

Having just recovered from a broken elbow and rib, I was feeling weak and incapable.

我刚刚从肘部和肋骨骨折中恢复过来,感觉虚弱无力。

I wanted to build upper body strength and confidence in my body by learning to climb-up.

我想通过学习攀爬来增强上半身的力量和对身体的信心。

Before parkour, I did sports like track, cheerleading, basketball, judo, swimming, but nothing really stuck until I found tricking:

在接触跑酷之前,我尝试过田径、啦啦队、篮球、柔道、游泳等运动,但都没真正坚持下来,直到我发现了 “特技空翻(Tricking)”

a combination of martial arts kicks and off-axis flips.

—— 一种融合武术踢腿和偏轴空翻的运动。

After a few years of training, I started teaching tricking at Apex School of Movement, which eventually led me to start training parkour.

经过几年训练后,我开始在 Apex 运动学校教授特技空翻,这也最终引导我开启了跑酷训练。

A question I get a lot is: Why did you start doing parkour?

我经常遇到的一个问题是:你为什么开始打跑酷?

And I say, why did you stop?

我说,你为什么不呢?

What I mean is we were all natural athletes when we were kids.

我的意思是我们小时候都是天生的运动员。

Remember the days where you jumped puddles, climbed trees, balanced on curbs and played floor is lava?

还记得你跳过水坑、爬树、在路边保持平衡、玩地板是熔岩的日子吗?

Those are the fundamental movements and mindsets that lead to parkour.

这些是导致跑酷的基本运动和心态。

Somewhere along our way, we lost our sense of adventure and play.

一路上的某个地方,我们失去了冒险和玩耍的感觉。

But the good news is, it's never too late to rediscover.

但好消息是,重新发现永远不会太晚。

One key benefit of parkour is that it builds functional fitness, movements that enhance daily life and also help protect us from injury.

跑酷的一个关键好处是它可以增强功能健身和运动,改善日常生活,并帮助保护我们免受伤害。

As we age, maintaining mobility and mitigating injuries becomes increasingly important.

随着年龄的增长,保持行动能力和减轻伤害变得越来越重要。

Parkour provides a fun, effective way to keep our bodies strong and agile.

跑酷提供了一个有趣的,有效的方式来保持我们的身体强壮和敏捷。

It's not about recklessly pushing limits, it's about understanding and respecting your body's capabilities.

这不是鲁莽地突破极限,而是了解和尊重你身体的能力。

This means training our bodies in a way that improves our ability to perform everyday activities.

这意味着以提高我们进行日常活动能力的方式训练我们的身体。

Whether it's bending over to tie your shoe, squatting down to pick something up,

无论是弯腰系鞋带,还是蹲下来捡起东西,

simply getting up off the floor or climbing up to reach a high shelf.

只需从地板上站起来或爬上到达一个很高的架子。

All my shorties out there know this struggle.

我所有的矮子都知道这种斗争。

Parkour helps us move better in daily life.

跑酷帮助我们在日常生活中表现得更好。

To show how some of these simple movements progress in parkour, let's add some obstacles.

为了展示其中一些简单的动作在跑酷中是如何进行的,让我们添加一些障碍。

An extension of the squat is a jump or drop to landing.

深蹲的延伸是跳跃或下降到着陆。

Good landings are key for anyone who does sports, plays with their kids, hops out of a truck bed or drops off of a rock while hiking.

对于任何从事体育运动、和孩子一起玩耍、从卡车床上跳下来或在徒步旅行时从岩石上掉下来的人来说,良好的着陆都是关键。

If you need to take a bigger drop, fall off your bike, or trip over a curb ...

如果您需要跌落更大的高度、从自行车上摔下来或被路边绊倒..

the roll is a key skill to know.

翻滚是一项需要了解的关键技能。

Rolls allow you to absorb impact over more time and distance, which may lead to less fall damage and better flow.

滚动可以让您在更长的时间和距离内吸收冲击力,这可能会减少坠落伤害并改善流动性。

While everyone encounters hip-high barriers, most people walk around them.

当每个人都遇到臀部高的障碍时,大多数人都会绕过它们。

But what if you knew you could easily vault over?

但如果你知道你可以轻松地跳过怎么办?

Vaults save time, build confidence, and they look pretty cool.

跨越动作不仅节省时间、建立自信,还相当帅气。

And lastly, the move that started my parkour journey, the climb-up.

最后,开始我跑酷之旅的举动,攀爬。

Climb-ups are used to get up something head high or taller.

攀岩用于将头高或更高的东西举起来。

Maybe you need to scale a building to help someone or get over a gate, wall or fence to escape danger.

也许您需要攀登建筑物来帮助某人,或者越过大门、墙壁或栅栏来逃避危险。

Or more likely, you forgot your keys and have to climb up to an open window or balcony.

或者更有可能的是,您忘记了钥匙,不得不爬到打开的窗户或阳台上。

I've had to do this before, and it's pretty awkward when your neighbors come out to see what's going on.

我以前不得不这样做,当你的邻居出来看看发生了什么事时,会非常尴尬。

While it's unlikely that we'll ever need to use these skills.

虽然我们不太可能需要使用这些技能。

learning movements like this help to empower me and build my confidence.

这样的学习运动有助于增强我的能力并建立我的信心。

There's a big mental aspect to training parkour.

跑酷训练有一个很大的心理方面。

Rather than avoiding obstacles, parkour teaches you to embrace challenge.

跑酷教会你迎接挑战,而不是避开障碍。

The obstacle becomes the way.

障碍成为道路。

For example -- Parkour helps me with my anxiety in cities.

例如--跑酷帮助我缓解城市中的焦虑。

Coming from an island lifestyle, urban environments felt confining and stressful.

来自岛屿生活方式,城市环境给人带来了限制和压力。

Cities are designed to funnel you into certain pathways, often blocking the most direct routes with walls and handrails.

城市的设计目的是让您进入某些路径,通常用墙壁和扶手封锁最直接的路线。

By always taking the sidewalks and stairs, you end up moving in autopilot without even noticing.

通过总是走人行道和楼梯,你最终会在自动驾驶仪中移动,而没有注意到。

Parkour changes this.

跑酷改变了这一点。

You get to reinvent your environment and move with more meaning.

您可以重塑您的环境,并以更有意义的方式行动。

What once appeared as obstacles now appear as opportunities for movement and play.

曾经看似障碍的东西现在却变成了运动和玩耍的机会。

This paradigm shift allows you to approach life in a more positive and proactive way.

这种范式转变使您能够以更积极、更积极的方式对待生活。

In our busy, structured adult lives, we often forget the joy of the spontaneous movement and exploration that we experienced as kids.

在我们忙碌的、结构化的成年生活中,我们经常忘记我们小时候经历的自发运动和探索的快乐。

With parkour, everyday objects start to seem like a playground again.

有了跑酷,日常物品又开始看起来像一个游乐场。

A park bench is an obstacle to vault over, a low wall is a challenge to balance on, and a tree branch is something to swing on.

公园长凳是跳跃的障碍,低矮的墙是平衡的挑战,树枝是摇摆的东西。

While parkour has evolved into an extreme and competitive sport for some, at its roots, parkour is for everyone,

虽然跑酷对于一些人来说已经演变成一项极端的竞技运动,但从根本上来说,跑酷适合每个人,

and it can enhance our physical fitness, mental resilience, and overall well-being.

它可以增强我们的身体健康、心理复原力和整体福祉。

So the next time you walk around your city or town, think of how you can move, play and rediscover the joy of overcoming obstacles.

因此,下次您在您的城市或城镇漫步时,想想如何移动、玩耍并重新发现克服障碍的乐趣。

Thank you.

谢谢。


最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表