英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

【VOA常速英语】绿色原木,绿色能源

发布者: enfamily | 发布时间: 2025-11-15 11:16| 查看数: 37| 评论数: 0|



I'd say that I was always a person that liked to tinker with stuff, tinker with Legos, so on and so forth.

我是个喜欢修修补补的人,也喜欢拼乐高之类的。

But it wasn't really until I got here to UVA, had access to the woodshop,

但是我是来了弗吉尼亚大学之后,才开始接触木工活,

that I realized that I really liked, you know, woodworking.

然后才意识到我非常喜欢干木头活。

I've been just following the plans and the instructions that I found and that should hold up for a good while.

我一直都按照说明和指南进行拼装,所以应该还能坚持一段时间。

These are a little, there you go.

这里有一个小的,给你。

There's some 'shorties.'

这里有一些比较短的。

This is about a year into an idea to try and make something out of the logs that are, you know,

大概是在一年前,我尝试用原木做一些东西,

already coming down across campus and to mill some wood.

学校里有一些树干已经被砍掉了,所以我们就想把这些树干做成木材。

Okay

好了...

All the insides of the kiln will be painted black, but the roof is clear.

窑的内部都会漆成黑色,但是顶是空的。

So, it's going to let the sunlight in and heat up that space a lot.

这样就可以让阳光进入,增加窖内的温度。

But at the same time, we need fans to be moving that heated and now more humid air.

但同时,我们也需要风扇来吹动那些升温潮湿的空气。

So, we're actually going to have some solar panels out in the front and those will power the fans

所以,我们上会在前面安装一些太阳能电池板,这些太阳能电池板将为风扇提供动力

and push that hot air out and through vents in the doors.

然后风扇就可以把热气通过通风口吹出去。

You get that power from the commercial kiln of really, kind of, 'cooking' the wood

这样,你就能从商用窖中获得能源,有点像“烤”木头,

but you get that same kind of heat-and-cool cycle that you get with air drying outside.

但是这种冷热循环和你在外面用空气干燥器是一样的。

Alright, here are two more.

好的,这里还有两个。

She's been awesome.

她一直很棒。

She's been a great support.

她也帮助了我很多。

And a lot of things, I think, she's pretty comfortable with.

很多事情她都是得心应手。

She actually also worked in the woodshop this last year while she was enrolled in a program here at the university.

去年她在这里读书的时候就参与到我们木工活中来了。

But before that she was, I think, a little bit on the edges of what all of this was.

但是一开始的时候她确实什么都不懂。

But as I've just come home every day and been really excited about it and talked about what we're doing,

但是每次回家的时候我都非常激动,说我们今天干的非常好,

I think she's gotten more comfortable with it all.

然后慢慢地她也就熟练了。

Yeah, she's been a great help here.

是啊,她在这帮了大忙。

Sure, I can come cut a piece.

当然,我可以来切一块。

It's been a few weeks now and we've made some more progress.

已经过了几个星期了,我们也取得了一些进展。

We've got the outside coated with some good exterior paint

我们把外面涂了很好的油漆

and we've also got the roof on and a few coats of this black paint.

然后我们打窖顶也装上去了,把一些地方涂黑了。

And let me tell you, it sure is dang hot in here.

告诉你,这里面肯定非常热。

All we've got left to do is to put some vents in the doors because the fans will be hanging down about here, right?

我们要做的就是在门上放些通风口,因为风扇会挂在这里,对吧?

And so those will suck air in and push it down and through the stack and that will vent out.

所以这些风扇就吸走热气,从这里通下来,然后堆积,最后被排出去。

You know, basically we'll get quite a few logs in here.

这里我们也会装一些木头。

They'll come up to, you know, about this height, right?

可能高度是这么高,对吗?

So, about waist-height and we'll stack those really nicely and we'll monitor those as they dry.

所以,差不多到我腰这里,我们会把木头堆好,在晾干的同时我们会看着它们。

In this kind of heat, we'll probably see a load of poplar, which you can dry pretty fast.

在这种高温下,即便是一大堆白杨也可以立刻干燥。

We could probably get that out of here in five weeks, which would be great.

我们可能会在五周之后完成,这样就太棒了。

Yeah, hopefully we'll start munching through our good log pile here.

希望可以好好利用这些原木。

There we go. All buttoned up.

好了,都锁好了。

本文来自公众微信号:听歌学英语


最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表