开启辅助访问      

英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

精致又治愈的巧克力制作

发布者: 千缘 | 发布时间: 2020-4-1 01:41| 查看数: 99| 评论数: 0|



When I work with chocolate, I feel like a passion just take over me.

当我和巧克力打交道的时候,我感到一种激情完全控制了我。

The connection I have with chocolate feels really ancient like it goes back lifetimes.

我和巧克力的联系真的很古老,好像可以追溯到很久以前。

I love everything about chocolate,

我喜欢巧克力的一切,

making it working with it and especially the reaction I get from people when they try my chocolate.

制作巧克力,做和巧克力有关的工作,尤其喜欢人们品尝我的巧克力时的反应。

My name is Julianna Desmond and I am a chocolate artist.

我的名字是朱莉安娜·德斯蒙德,我是一名巧克力艺术家。

I became inspired to work with chocolate after seven trips that I had taken to Mexico.

在七次去墨西哥旅行后,我对巧克力产生了兴趣。

During my travels I had a lot of ideas for art that I wanted to create.

在我的旅行中,我有很多关于艺术的想法,我想要创作。

I do hand-building, mostly sculptures because I was traveling so much, I didn’t have the opportunity to create.

我做手工制作,主要是雕塑,因为我经常旅行,没有机会创作。

When I came back to Tucson and was a little more grounded,

当我回到图森的时候,我更加脚踏实地了,

I got the idea why not make molds that our food safe and I can pour chocolate in them.

我有个主意,为什么不做模具,这样形状就有保障了,我可以把巧克力倒进去。

So first we’re gonna start with making a mold,with a thermo-forming machine.

首先我们要做一个模具,用一台热成型机。

This is typically used by dentists for making dental implants.

这通常是牙医用来做种植牙的。

I use it for making chocolate molds,turn the heat on,and this top part will heat up.

我用它来做巧克力模具,打开暖气,上面的部分就会变热。

It’s gonna get pretty loud once I turn it on the vacuum.

我一打开吸尘器,声音就会很大。

And that’s a mold.

这是一个模型。

Originally I was doing the chocolate art as a business.

一开始我是做巧克力艺术的生意。

And I realized that it wasn’t bringing me as much joy.

我意识到它并没有给我带来那么多的快乐。

I was losing my passion and enthusiasm for it as an art.

我失去了对艺术的热情。

It became repetitive and realized that I had to shift my perspective.

它变得重复,并意识到我必须改变我的观点。

I allowed myself to dream up a plan to take the art of chocolate making to Mexico,

我允许自己想出一个计划,把制作巧克力的艺术带到墨西哥,

Because that’s where cacao originated

因为那是可可豆的原产地

but the people there don’t have access to equipment to the practices of fine chocolate making.

但是那里的人没有设备来制作精美的巧克力。

Those were all developed in Europe and never made it back to the land where cacao originated.

这些都是在欧洲发展起来的,从未回到可可豆的原产地。

So now that it’s cooled,take the tray out of there and pop the design out and there’s your mold.

现在它已经冷却了,把托盘拿出来把设计拿出来,这就是你的模具。

This here is a silicone mold that I made of some cactus.

这是我用仙人掌做的硅胶模具。

And this is the thermo-formed mold that we just made.

这是我们刚做的热成型模具。

Now I’m going to pour the chocolate into the molds.

现在我要把巧克力倒进模具里。

Now put it in the fridge.

现在把它放进冰箱。

Besides learning techniques for chocolate making,

除了学习制作巧克力的技巧,

I also learned about many unjust practices in the cacao industry.

我还了解了可可行业中许多不公正的做法。

I planned a trip to Tabasco Mexico where most of the cacao grown in Mexico comes from,

我计划去墨西哥的塔巴斯科,那里种植的可可豆大部分来自墨西哥,

and I reached out to a co-op that helps farmers process their beans, dry and ferment them.

我联系了一家合作社,帮助农民加工他们的豆子,晒干并发酵。

I took with me a thermal forming machine that I donated to them.

我带来了一台热成型机,我把它捐给了他们。

So they could create their own culturally inspired custom molds.

所以他们可以创造自己的文化灵感定制模具。

They gave me a tour of their co-op and that’s when I realized I could make a difference.

他们带我参观了他们的合作公寓,那时我意识到我可以有所作为。

And I taught a two-day workshop so they could learn how to make truffles themselves.

我教了一个为期两天的研讨会,这样他们就可以自己学习如何制作松露了。

The class that I taught was mostly women and they were all very excited and enthusiastic

我教的班级大部分是女性,她们都非常兴奋和热情

about learning new methods of processing their cacao and new recipes to make with it.

很乐于学习加工可可豆的新方法和用可可豆制作的新食谱。

Because typically in that region of Mexico what they make is a beverage and

因为通常在墨西哥的那个地区他们做的是饮料

they were very excited to learn how to make more than just beverages.

他们非常兴奋地学习如何制作不仅仅是饮料。

My favorite chocolate is a truffle because it has cream and butter.

我最喜欢的巧克力是松露,因为它含有奶油和黄油。

As far as tempering and chocolate art goes,dark chocolate is the easiest to work with.

就调和和巧克力艺术而言,黑巧克力是最容易处理的。

Now I only make chocolate occasionally for friends and family

现在我只偶尔给朋友和家人做巧克力

and I take orders on my website seasonally and for the holidays.

我在我的网站上按季节和假期接受订单。

I keep in contact with the ladies

我和女士们保持联系

and they’ve told me that the melanger has revolutionized the way that they make chocolate.

他们告诉我调配巧克力的方法彻底改变了他们制作巧克力的方式。

Seeing their reaction brought so much fulfillment and

看到他们的反应带来了那么多的满足和

I felt like it was my calling as an artist that it gave me a lot of satisfaction.

我觉得这是我作为一个艺术家的使命,它给了我很多满足。

My hope is to empower the women with work opportunities that

我的希望是让女性有更多的工作机会

preserve their culture and they can pass on to their future generations.

保护文化,还可以传递给后代。



最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表