开启辅助访问
浅色 暗色
随便看看

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索
英语家园 门户 公开课 查看主题

【TED英语演讲】压力重置法:终极心理健康妙招

发布者: qianyuan | 发布时间: 2026-4-17 19:21| 查看数: 27| 评论数: 1|帖子模式



演讲题目:Stress resets, the ultimate mental health hack

演讲简介:

压力会传染,但平静亦然。心理学家珍妮・泰茨解析:为何一件糟心的压力小事,总会接连发酵、越攒越多;同时分享几组简单、随时能做的即时调节小方法,帮你在负面情绪失控前,及时打断恶性循环。



中英文字幕

Let me invite you into my house.

让我邀请你到我家去。

It probably looks a little like yours.

它可能看起来有点像你的。

So one morning, rushing to feed our crying toddler, my husband Adam drops a gallon of milk.

因此,有一天早上,我的丈夫亚当冲去喂我们哭泣的孩子,掉了一加仑牛奶。

He is so mad, he starts aggressively cleaning and cuts his hand under the fridge.

他非常生气,开始积极清洁,并在冰箱下割伤了手。

He's bleeding, hates blood, and we're out of bandages.

他在流血,讨厌血,而且我们没有绷带了。

So he drives to the pharmacy.

所以他开车去药房。

On his way home, He rear-ends an Uber.

在回家的路上,他追尾了一辆Uber。

All before breakfast.

一切都在早餐前。

That's stress.

这就是压力。

It's a little hilarious but mostly heartbreaking.

这有点搞笑,但大多数都令人心碎。

When what we're facing feels like too much, spilled milk becomes a flood, a headache at work spills into heartache at home.

当我们面临的事情感觉太多时,溢出的牛奶就会变成洪水,工作中的头痛就会变成家里的心痛。

Stress doesn't just happen.

压力不会凭空产生。

It's something we easily co-create, then spread like the flu.

这是我们很容易共同创造的东西,然后像流感一样传播。

But here's the good news.

但这是一个好消息。

If you can create stress, you can also learn to reset it in minutes.

如果你可以制造压力,你还可以学会在几分钟内重置压力。

No long meditations, medications or martinis required.

不需要长期冥想、药物或马提尼酒。

Just shifts in your mind, body and behavior.

只是你的思想、身体和行为发生了变化。

I call these pivots stress resets, and I love them so much, I wrote a book highlighting 75 of my favorites.

我称这些支点为压力重置,我非常喜欢它们,所以我写了一本书,重点介绍了我最喜欢的75个支点。

We will cover them all -- I wish.

我们将涵盖所有这些--我希望如此。

As a clinical psychologist, I've taught thousands of people how to ease intense emotions in crises, helping clients transform from wanting to die to building lives they cherish.

作为一名临床心理学家,我教过成千上万的人如何缓解危机中的强烈情绪,帮助客户从想死转变为建立他们所珍惜的生活。

And I rely on these tools myself, whether I'm trying to get my three young kids to bed, a live-action version of Whac-A-Mole, or when I'm struggling to find the words to write a eulogy hours after losing one of my closest friends.

我自己也依赖这些工具,无论是想让我的三个孩子上床睡觉,还是玩真人版的《打地鼠》,还是当我在失去一位最亲密的朋友几个小时后努力找到写悼词的词语时。

Of course, stressing over spilled milk isn't worrying that AI will hijack your career or facing a cancer diagnosis.

当然,对溢出的牛奶感到压力并不担心人工智能会劫持你的职业生涯或面临癌症诊断。

A reset won't turn awful into awesome, but it will let you ditch hopelessness and bring the best of you forward, sparking that priceless feeling of knowing you can count on yourself.

重置不会把糟糕变成令人敬畏,但它会让你摆脱绝望,让你发挥最好的一面,引发一种无价的感觉,知道你可以依靠自己。

The secret?

秘密?

Practicing stress resets in ordinary moments allows you to reach for them when life feels unbearable.

在平常时刻练习重置压力可以让你在生活难以忍受时去寻求压力。

You might be wondering: Can you even feel better if your challenges aren't disappearing?

您可能想知道:如果您的挑战没有消失,您还会感觉更好吗?

Absolutely.

当然了。

Stress is less about what you're facing and more about believing you can cope.

压力与其说是你面临的事情,不如说是相信你能应对。

This isn't positivity.

这不是积极情绪。

This is regulating your nervous system, framing stress as an opportunity for growth and accepting sensations, even knots in your stomach, lowers cortisol and allows you to persevere.

这正在调节你的神经系统,将压力视为成长和接受感觉的机会,甚至胃部打结,降低皮质醇并让你能够坚持下去。

What moves me most is research finds even refugees and asylum seekers grappling with being forcibly displaced can improve their mental health by learning strategies similar to ones we'll cover.

最让我动容的一点是:研究发现,即便是那些因被迫流离失所而陷入困境的难民与寻求庇护者,也能通过学习我们即将介绍的这类方法,来改善自身的心理健康状况。

If peace of mind is possible in political limbo, it's definitely possible in your daily hustle.

如果在政治边缘可以获得内心的平静,那么在你的日常忙碌中也绝对可以。

Yet we create fender benders.

然而,我们创造了挡泥板弯曲器。

Short on money, we shop online.

缺钱,我们就在网上购物。

Big deadline, we bounce between procrastination and perfectionism.

大的截止日期,我们在拖延和完美主义之间徘徊。

Tired and lonely, we scroll at midnight.

又累又孤独,我们在午夜滚动。

Why?

为什么?

Because when emotions spike, clarity vanishes.

因为当情绪飙升时,清晰度就会消失。

We want relief now, so we turn to habits that hurt or reach for substances like alcohol, cannabis or Xanax that shrink our ability to think when we deserve to be our sharpest.

我们现在想要缓解,所以我们转向那些有害的习惯或接触酒精、大麻或Xanax等物质,这些物质会在我们应该成为最敏锐的人时削弱我们的思考能力。

To bypass suffering, normalize your feelings.

为了绕过痛苦,让你的感觉正常化。

No matter how hard things seem, emotions and urges are waves.

无论事情看起来有多困难,情绪和冲动都是波浪。

They'll pass without you escaping in ways that undermine you.

它们会过去,而你却不会以损害你的方式逃跑。

You know if you scroll TikTok, you can tear up, then smile within seconds.

你知道,如果你滚动TikTok,你可以泪流满面,然后几秒钟内微笑。

The problem isn't feeling, it's ruminating.

问题不在于感觉,而在于沉思。

Taking a two-minute interaction and replaying it for days, turning stress into a chronic problem.

进行两分钟的互动并重复几天,将压力变成一个慢性问题。

Ruminating was my specialty before I learned to reset.

在我学会重置之前,沉思是我的专长。

And you can too, with three stress resets to reclaim your resilience.

你也可以,通过三次压力重置来恢复你的韧性。

One: learn to play with your thoughts.

一:学会玩弄你的想法。

Let's say you just experienced rejection.

假设您刚刚经历了拒绝。

That's disappointing enough.

这已经够令人失望的了。

Then your mind has the nerve to send the emotional equivalent of spam, "You're gonna die alone."

然后你的大脑就有勇气发送相当于垃圾邮件的情感内容,“你会孤独地死去。"

Almost everyone has repetitive negative thoughts, and life is too precious to take all the 6,000 thoughts we have a day, literally.

几乎每个人都有重复的负面想法,生命太宝贵了,不可能拿走我们一天的6,000个想法。

So rather than letting your spam sap your brainpower, try seeing it like you'd see blimps in the sky or singing it to your favorite upbeat tune.

因此,与其让你的垃圾邮件耗尽你的脑力,不如尝试像看到天空中的飞艇一样看待它,或者用你最喜欢的乐观歌曲唱它。

It sounds silly, but when you play with your unhelpful thoughts, you loosen their grip.

这听起来很愚蠢,但当你玩弄你无益的想法时,你就会放松它们的控制。

If you want to be more all encompassing, do you remember that song, "What is love?

如果你想变得更加包罗万象,你还记得那首歌吗?“什么是爱?

Baby, don't hurt me." Can we all please join together at the count of three, singing "What are thoughts?

宝贝,别伤害我。“请我们一起唱‘什么是想法?

Thoughts can't hurt me." OK.

想法伤害不了我。“好的。

What are our thoughts?

我们的想法是什么?

Thoughts can't hurt me.

想法伤害不了我。

Thank you, that was amazing.

谢谢,太棒了。

Even if you don't actually sing, changing your relationship with your insulting inner soundtrack and replacing dead ends with next steps will let you live more harmoniously.

即使你实际上没有唱歌,改变你与侮辱性的内心配乐的关系,并用接下来的步骤取代死胡同也会让你生活得更和谐。

Good luck ruminating while you're singing, right?

祝你唱歌时沉思好运,对吧?

Two: try a half-smile.

二:尝试半笑一笑。

Dialectical behavior therapists prescribe subtly smiling even when you don't actually feel happy.

辩证行为治疗师建议即使你实际上并不感到快乐,也要巧妙地微笑。

See, your face doesn't just reflect how you feel.

看,你的脸不仅仅反映你的感受。

It shapes your emotional experience.

它塑造了你的情感体验。

Research shows that Botox that prevents scowling improves mood.

研究表明,可以防止皱眉的肉毒杆菌可以改善情绪。

No need to freeze your forehead.

无需冰冻额头。

Half-smiling is your free and natural version.

半笑是你的自由而自然的版本。

Try being miserable or battling road rage with a resting Buddha face.

尝试着痛苦或用休息的佛脸与路怒作斗争。

Seriously, it primes you to accept whatever is, preventing you from adding a tension headache to everything else you're carrying.

说真的,它会让你接受任何东西,防止你给你携带的其他东西带来紧张头痛。

To be clear, this is not about faking happiness when you're legitimately upset.

要明确的是,这不是关于当你合理地沮丧时假装快乐。

It's about letting your physiology boost your bandwidth.

这是为了让你的生理机能增加你的带宽。

Plus, it can help foster connections with others, especially if your face otherwise looks like a big Do Not Disturb sign.

此外,它还可以帮助促进与他人的联系,特别是如果你的脸看起来像一个大大的请勿打扰标志。

Let's give half smiling a try.

让我们尝试一下半笑吧。

Anybody feeling more serene?

有人感觉更平静吗?

Now turn to the person next to you, and give them a little smile.

现在转向你旁边的人,给他们一个微笑。

You guys have such nice half smiles.

你们的半笑真是太好了。

How does that feel?

感觉如何?

Your body is a walking pharmacy if you know how to use it.

如果你知道如何使用它,你的身体就是一个行走的药房。

Three: act opposite to how you feel.

三:行为与你的感受相反。

Notice how when you're anxious, you avoid.

注意当你焦虑时,你如何避免。

When you're depressed, you lay low.

当你沮丧的时候,你会低调。

When you're angry, you yell?

当你生气的时候,你会大喊大叫?

Acting exactly the way you feel when you're totally overwhelmed amplifies negativity and piles on guilt and shame.

当你完全不知所措时,按照你的感受行事会放大消极情绪,并增加内疚和羞耻。

If you want to upgrade your mood, and how you live your life, the third tool is to notice your emotion-driven urge; ask yourself if acting on it is ultimately helpful.

如果你想提升你的情绪,以及你如何生活,第三个工具是注意你的情绪驱动的冲动;问问自己,采取行动是否最终有帮助。

If not, do the opposite.

如果没有,则相反。

So if you're grumpy and want to send a hostile text, how about either sending a nice one to someone who needs it or stowing your phone?

因此,如果您脾气暴躁并且想发送一条充满敌意的短信,那么要么发送一条漂亮的短信给需要的人,要么收起您的手机怎么样?

Anybody procrastinate, you've got pressing to-dos yet suddenly it's time to empty your inbox?

有人拖延,你有紧迫的待办事项,但突然又到了清空收件箱的时候了?

That's pseudo-productivity or procrastivity.

这就是伪生产力或腐败行为。

The opposite action, lovingly bringing your full attention to the task that matters most, again and again.

相反的动作,一次又一次地将你的全部注意力集中在最重要的任务上。

Opposite action isn't superficial.

相反的行为并不肤浅。

It changes the way you see yourself.

它改变了你看待自己的方式。

What's the ultimate mental health hack?

终极心理健康秘诀是什么?

Regularly practicing opposite action.

定期练习相反的动作。

It improves depression and anxiety in weeks.

它可以在几周内改善抑郁和焦虑。

If stress tries to convince you opposite action is impossible action, or insists that you're just not the karaoke type, keep a Hope Kit, a collection of items that elevates your mood within reach.

如果压力总在告诉你,反向行动根本行不通,或是一口咬定你就不是唱卡拉 OK 的料,那不妨准备一个 “希望急救包”—— 也就是一个随手可得、装满能让你心情变好的小物件的收纳包。

It can have anything in it that propels you forward.

它里面可以有任何推动你前进的东西。

These are shown to generate real hope.

事实证明,这些可以带来真正的希望。

This is mine.

这是我的。

As you can see, it has pictures of my grandparents holding me as a little girl, cards from clients, a playlist with some dance-worthy Drake music and a note to myself to always be a light.

正如你所看到的,它有我小时候祖父母抱着我的照片、客户寄来的卡片、一个播放列表,其中包含一些值得跳舞的德雷克音乐,以及一张给自己的纸条,让自己永远成为一盏灯。

What belongs in yours?

你的是什么?

After savoring these reminders, consider: hope isn't just a feeling, it's a behavior you spread, touching the lives of the people you love and anyone you encounter.

品尝完这些提醒后,请考虑一下:希望不仅仅是一种感觉,它是你传播的一种行为,触动你所爱的人和你遇到的任何人的生活。

Stress doesn't have to scar you, and you don't have to spill it onto others.

压力不必给你留下伤疤,你也不必把压力转嫁给别人。

Spilled milk or something stickier, stress isn't what happens.

溢出的牛奶或更粘的东西,压力并不是发生的事情。

It's what you do next.

这就是你接下来要做的事情。

Creating perspective, finding calm within you and doing what matters will reset your stress, your life, and maybe the world.

创造观点、找到内心的平静并做重要的事情将重置你的压力、你的生活,也许还有世界。

Thank you.

谢谢。

本文来自公众微信号:英语阅读EnglishDaily

发新帖

最新评论

Linda-Yin 发表于 前天 19:25
给自己解压
关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

如需帮助
联系管理

关于我们|免责声明|广告合作|手机版|英语家园 ( 鄂ICP备2021006767号-1|鄂公网安备42010202000179号 )

GMT+8, 2026-4-19 13:27

Powered by Discuz! X3.5

© 2001-2026 Discuz! Team.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表