对话一:
A: Hi, I’m Marvin. 你好,我是marvin。
B: Marvin? My name is Robert.Marvin? 我的名字是Robert。
A: I’m here to play baseball. 我是来这里打棒球的。
B: Good. We need more people to play. 太好了。我们正需要多一些人来玩呢。
A: I’m not very good. 我打得不大好。
B: That doesn’t matter. We’re just here for fun. 不要紧。我们只是来这里玩一下而已。
对话二:
A: I’m Amy. And you are? 我是Amy。 你是?
B: My name is Elizabeth. You can call me Beth. 我的名字是Elizabeth。你可以叫我Beth。
A: Oh, that is my mother’s name. 噢,那是我妈妈的名字。
B: Really? I’m named after my grandmother. 真的吗? 我的名字是来纪念我的祖母的。
A: Actually, Amy is not my real name. It’s Amanda. 事实上,Amy不是我的真名。我的真名是Amanda。
B: Why do you go by Amy? 你为什么用Amy这个名字呢?
A: I don’t know.Ever since I was young, that is what people have called me. 我也不知道。我很小的时候,大家就那样叫我。
B: That’s interesting. 那真有趣。
对话三:
A: Good morning, I’m looking for Doctor Kolb’s office. 早上好,我正在找可比医生的办公室。
B: I am Dr.Kolb. How can I help you? 我就是可比医生。我能帮你什么吗?
A: I’m Dave fowler . My stomach has been hurting. 我是戴夫~伐勒。我的胃一直在痛。
B: Is it an emergency? 十分要紧吗?
A: Oh, no, it’s not that bad. I just need to make an appointemt. 噢,不是,没那么糟糕。我只想订个预约。
B: Please talk to my secertary over there. 请跟我的秘书在那边谈吧。
A: Thank you, Doctor, I will. 谢谢你,医生。我会的。
B: I’ll see you soon. 我会很快看到你的。
对话四:
A: Hello, I’m Hugh. What can I do for you? 你好,我是休。有什么可以帮到你的吗?
B: Yes, I’m Bill. I left my car here last week. Is it repaired? 是的,我是比尔。上星期我把车放到这里,请问修好了吗?
A: Yes, sir, it is Mr. B. Can you sign your name here? 是的, 先生。 是有一位B先生。请把你的名字签在这儿,好吗?
B: No problem. 没问题。
A: Okay, it’s around back. I’ll bring it up front. 好了,车子就在后面。我这就把它驶到前面来。
B: Thanks. What’s the damage? 谢谢。维修费是多少?
A: To the car? 车的损坏?
B: No, I mean what is the cost? 不,我是说价钱是多少?
A: I’ll have to check with the mechanic. 我要跟机修师傅查核一下。
B: I’ll be right here. 我就在这里(等你)。
对话五:
A: Hi, there. Are you Tina? 嗨,你是Tina吗?
B: Yes, I am. How did you know my name? 是的,我是。你怎么知道我的名字?
A: I’m friends with your roommate Bob. 我是你的室友Bob 的朋友。
B: Oh, I didn’t catch your name. 哦,我还不知道你的名字呢。
A: Yeah, I’m sorry. My name is Tony. 是呀,对不超,我的名字是Tony。
B: Pleased to meet you, Tony. 很高兴见到你,Tony。
A: Same here. 我也是。 |
|