(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
A: Hello?
你好。
B: Hello, may I speak to George?
你好。我可以和乔治通话吗?
A: I’m sorry, he’s not here right now.May I ask who’s calling?
我很抱歉,但是他现在不在。我能问一下您是哪位吗?
B: This is Rita. Do you know when Mike will be back?
我是丽塔。你知道迈克什么时候回来吗?
A: Mike?I thought you were looking for George.
迈克?我以为你找的是乔治。
B: Right, George.I meant to say George.Does Mike live there too?
对的,乔治。我是要找乔治。迈克也住在这里吗?
A: A Mike lives here.
有一个叫迈克的住在这里。
B: Just one?
就一个?
A: Yes, just one.
是的,就一个。
B: Is he a construction worker?
他是建筑工人吗?
A: No, he’s a dancer.He works at a club out on I-95.
不是,他是一个舞蹈演员。他在I-95公路的俱乐部里工作。
B: Magnificent Mike?Really?He lives with you guys?
华丽迈克?真的吗?他和你们住在一起?
A: Yeah.Is that what they call him?Magnificent Mike?
是的。他们常这么称呼他吗?华丽迈克?
B: I can’t believe it.Yeah, that’s his stage name.I’ve seen him dance dozens of times.Very tan.All over.
我简直不能相信。是的,这是他的艺名。我看过他几次跳舞。非常黝黑,全身都是。
A: I wouldn’t know.Anyway, you were looking for George?
我不知道。不管如何,你在找乔治吗?
B: Right, yeah.Mike’s way out of my league.I was calling to see if George was free tonight.
是啊。迈克我可高攀不起。我打电话来是想看看乔治今晚试是否有空。
A: Oh.He’s actually out of town for the weekend.Some wedding or something. You’re looking to be entertained tonight?
哦。他周末都不在城里。是婚礼还是什么事。你今晚要一起尽兴玩吗?
B: Well, if George isn’t around I don’t have anything to do.
好吧,如果乔治不在的话,那我就没什么事情可以做了。
A: If you don’t mind me saying so, you’ve got a beautiful voice.
如果你不介意我这么说的话,你有一个很好听的声音。
B: You think so?
你真这么认为?
A: Definitely.Would you like to have dinner with me?I know a great taco stand.Best fish tacos in town.Very aromatic (adj.芳香的).
当然。你想和我一起吃饭吗?我知道一个很棒的玉米馅卷摊。是城里最好的鱼玉米卷。非常香。
B: I love fish tacos!
我喜欢鱼玉米卷。
A: You do?
真的?
B: Yeah.I eat fish tacos every chance I get.
是的。如果我能吃到鱼玉米卷,我就会吃。
A: So is that a yes?
所以你同意了?
B: Certainly.I’ll need a few hours to get ready, though.How about you pick me up at eight?
当然。但是我需要一点时间准备。你在8点接我如何?
A: Sounds great.
听上去很棒。
I-95:Interstate 95 (I-95) is the main highway on the East Coast of the United States. |
|