
(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
Reunited
重逢
I was adopted when I was only four weeks old.
我才四周大时就被人认养,
My biological mother were very poor and my father was sick with cancer.
我的亲生父母非常穷,而我父亲得了癌症,
They made the decision to put me up for adoption.
因此他们决定送我去给人认养。
I grew up in a loving and happy home with two parents and a sister.
我成长在一个充满爱与快乐的家庭,有父母和一个姐姐。
When I was ten years old, my parents told me that I was adopted.
当我十岁时,我父母告诉我,我是养子。
It felt strange to hear that the people who raised me didn't give birth to me.
养我的人却不是生我的人,这听起来很奇怪。
When I turned sixteen, I asked my parents to help me find my birthparents.
当我十六岁时,我拜托养父母帮我寻找亲生父母,
We registered our names with the proper agencies and the search began.
我们找了几间征信社登记名字展开搜寻。
Unfortunately, the search wasn't sucessful, so I began to try and find them myself.
不幸的是,寻人并不成功,于是我开始自己寻找。
Fianlly, last September, I was reunited with my mother.
终于,去年九月我与生母相认,
My father had died a long time ago but my mother showed me pictures and told me storied about him.
我的生父很久以前就去世了,不过我的生母拿照片给我看,并告诉我有关他的故事。
My birthmother and I are friends now and I love visiting her when I can.
我和生母至今仍是朋友,当我有空时,便会去拜访她。
I feel more complete having met her but no one can ever replace the family I grew up with.
见到她后,我感觉更加完整,不过还是没有人能取代陪我长大的家人。
2017-2025年历年四六级真题免费领取方式

本文来自公众微信号:练英语听力
|
|