(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
used for saying who or what prevented something from happening 用于表示 “谁或什么阻止了某事发生”
I. EXAMPLES
If it hadn’t been for your help, my experiments would have failed.
要是没有你的帮助,我的实验早就失败了。
If it hadn’t been for the lifeboat, I would have drowned.
要是没有救生艇,我早就淹死了。
If it hadn’t been for her careful arrangement, the party would not have been a success.
要是没有她的精心安排,这场派对就不会成功了。
Without my persuasion, he would not have come.
要是没有我的劝说,他是不会来的。
Without your financial support, we could not have finished the project.
要是没有你们的资金支持,我们就无法完成这个项目了。
II. DIALOGUES
Woman: Where’s my son?
女士:我儿子在哪儿?
Fireman: Don’t worry, Miss, your son will be fine. We sent him to the hospital.
消防员:女士,别担心,您的儿子会没事的。我们已经把他送去医院了。
Woman: Thank you so much.
女士:太感谢你们了。
Fireman: You’re welcome.
消防员:不客气。
Woman: Without your help my son would have died in that fire.
女士:要是没有你们的帮助,我儿子早就葬身火海了。
Fireman: We got here just in time. A minute later and it would have been almost impossible to save him.
消防员:我们来得很及时。要是再晚一分钟,几乎就没法救他了。 |
|