你幸福吗?
这个问题三言两语其实很难回答~
每个人对于幸福的定义都不一样,只能用心感受。
那么,英语里如何表达幸福呢?来看看这些俚语吧!
1Having a whale of a time
玩得非常痛快。
-How was your birthday party?
-你的生日聚会怎么样?
-Oh great, there were a lot of friends, we were playing games and dancing, we really had a whale of a time.
-哦,太好了,有很多朋友,我们在玩游戏和跳舞,我们真的玩得很开心。

2
On cloud nine
非常开心,兴奋。
I was very afraid of the history exam, and when I managed to pass it, I was on cloud nine, I invited all my friends to a drink in the local pub.
我非常害怕历史考试,当我成功通过时,我喜出望外,邀请我所有的朋友在当地的酒吧里喝一杯。

3
Tickled pink
非常愉悦。
I suggest picking some flowers for your girlfriend. I’m sure she’ll be tickled pink and she won’t refuse your proposal.
我建议给你女朋友采些花。我敢肯定她会被逗乐的,她不会拒绝你的求婚。

4On top of the world
处在巅峰,感觉美妙,欣喜若狂。
Since he was promoted to the position he had desired for ages, he feels glorious, he’s sitting on top of the world.
自从他被提升到他渴望已久的职位,他感到光荣,他坐在世界之巅。

5Happy as a clam
喜出望外。
When her parents left for holiday, she was happy as a clam staying alone in the house.
当她的父母去度假时,她独自呆在家里,非常开心。

6Buzzing
对即将发生的事激动不已。
I'm buzzing for the holidays. Imagine, we're going on a diving trip in Greece.
我正忙着去度假。想象一下,我们要去希腊潜水。

7Over the moon
极度地满足和开心。
Do you remember how happy we were when we first stayed out for a night? We were over the moon.
你还记得我们第一次在外过夜的时候有多开心吗?我们乐翻了天。

8In seventh heaven
极度开心。
Real happiness is when you work for it. I’m sure you’ll be in seventh heaven when you get your first salary and buy a scooter.
真正的幸福是你为之努力的时候。我敢肯定,当你拿到第一份薪水,买一辆摩托车的时候,你一定会乐翻天。

下次表示开心和幸福,不要只会用happy啦!
|
|