QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

NCE2句型宝典总结

发布者: roy_duan | 发布时间: 2006-12-19 11:43| 查看数: 11269| 评论数: 7|

新概念2句型宝典

节目宗旨:通过句型学英语

节目取材:戴愫《新概念英语句典》

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

NCE2句型宝典1

本期句型:I could not bear it. 我受不了啦.

锁定原文:NCE2-L1

Last week I went to the theatre. I had a very good seat. The play was very interesting. I did not

enjoy it. A young man and a young woman were sitting behind me. They were talking loudly. I got

very angry. I could not hear the actors. I turned round. I looked at the man and the woman angrily.

They did not pay any attention. In the end, I could not bear it. I turned round again. 'I can't hear a

word!' I said angrily. ' It's none of your business,' the young man said rudely. 'This is a private

conversation!'

句型升级:

第34课:I could not bear it anymore.

第38课:It was more than I could bear.

第52课:This is as far as I could bear.

及时操练:

婚宴上被人劝酒,大喊:我再也不能喝啦! 请对这句话进行三次升级.

答:1,I can not drink anymore.

2,It is more than I can drink.

3,This is as far as I can drink.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

NCE2句型宝典2

本期句型:It's none of your business.不关你的事.

锁定原文:NCE2-L1

Last week I went to the theatre. I had a very good seat. The play was very interesting. I did not

enjoy it. A young man and a young woman were sitting behind me. They were talking loudly. I got

very angry. I could not hear the actors. I turned round. I looked at the man and the woman angrily.

They did not pay any attention. In the end, I could not bear it. I turned round again. 'I can't hear a

word!' I said angrily.

"It's none of your business," the young man said rudely. "This is a private conversation!"

情景分析:

其实这种说法不太礼貌,是用在对立面上的,相当于:Mind your own business.

如果想礼貌地表达你的意思,可以用: Don't put your finger in my pie.这个句子有调侃的意思,所以不伤人.

及时操练:当母亲批评你穿的衣服不合适的时候,你应该用上文哪种回应方式哩

on't put your finger in my pie.

NCE2句型宝典3

本期句型:What a day! 这鬼天!

锁定原文:NCE2-L2

It was Sunday. I never get up early on Sundays. I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime. Last

Sunday I got up very late. I looked out of the window. It was dark outside. "What a day!" I thought.

'It's raining again.' Just then, the telephone rang. It was my aunt Lucy. 'I've just arrived by train,'

she said. 'I'm coming to see you.' 'But I'm still having breakfast,' I said. 'What are you doing ' she

asked. 'I'm having breakfast,' I repeated. 'Dear me,' she said. 'Do you always get up so late It's

one o'clock!'

句型升级:*What + 名词!

这是最简单的感叹句构成方式,口语中常用.

e.g. What a pity! (Lesson 9)真遗憾!

e.g. What a fool! 真是个傻瓜!

e.g. What a shame! 真遗憾!/ 真可耻!

*What + (形容词) + 名词(+主+谓/系动词)

这是用what引导感叹句的完整句型

如果是单数可数名词,表忘了在前面加不定冠词a

e.g. What an exciting game it is. 真是场精彩的比赛.

e.g. What a wonderful lecture he gave. 他做的讲座真是棒极了.

可见,课文中的句子,day前面省略了形容词,我们可以根据说话者的语气和上下文语境去

猜测省略了的形容词,这里补出的形容词可以是damn,terrible之类的词.

*How + 形容词/副词 (+主+谓/系动词)

how也可以引导感叹句:

e.g. How polite the waitress is! 这位服务员真有礼貌!

e.g. How thick the snow lies!雪积得真厚!

how和what引导的感叹句区别在于:

how 后接形容词或副词,而what后接名词(允许名词前有形容词修饰这个名词).另外,

how还可以接整句话表示感叹.

e.g. How I miss my old school!我真想念我的母校!

e.g. How I hate them! 我恨透了他们!

e.g. How I long to see you again! 我盼望再一次见到你!

及时操练:

你真好!

这封信真感人!

我真喜欢这部电影!

特别提示:

在用what引导的感叹句中,偶尔省掉名词前的形容词,可以达到一种讲话的艺术.

比如,朋友去弄了个新发型,兴冲冲地跑来问你效果怎么样,你认为实在有碍观瞻,又不想

打击他,可以说:What a change! 呦,全新的变化啊!

过生日,收到一个不是很喜欢的礼物,可当着大家的面你可以诚实而巧妙的说:What a

surprise!哇,真让我惊讶!不用指明是让你愉悦的惊讶还是让你失望的惊讶.

答: How good you are!/What a good person you are!

How touching the letter is!/What a touching letter it is!

How I like the film!

NCE2句型宝典4

本期句型: A friendly waiter taught me a few words of Italian. 一个友好的招待员教了我几句意大利语

锁定原文:NCE2-L3

Postcards always spoil my holidays. Last summer, I went to Italy. I visited museums and sat in

public gardens. A friendly waiter taught me a few words of Italian. 'Then he lent me a book. I read

a few lines, but I did not understand a word. Every day I thought about postcards. My holidays

passed quickly, but I did not send any cards to my friends. On the last day I made a big decision. I

got up early and bought thirty-seven cards. I spent the whole day in my room, but I did not write a

single card!

句型介绍: *主语+与格动词+间接宾语+直接宾语

可以接双宾的动词称为与格动词,主要有teach,give,lend,buy,pay,pass,find,offer,read,owe等等

e.g. She passed me a cloth. 她递给我一块抹布.

双宾的位置互换,句子意思不变,于是有了这个句型

*主语+与格动词+直接宾语+to/for+间接宾语

e.g. I did not send cards to my friends. 我没有给朋友寄明信片.

及时操练: 我月底会付给你水电费的.

答: I will pay you the utilities at the end of the month.

I will pay the utilities to you at the end of the month.

NCE2句型宝典5

本期句型: From there, he will fly to Perth. 从那里,他会坐飞机去柏斯

锁定原文:NCE2-L4

I have just received a letter from my brother, Tim. He is in Australia. He has been there for six

months. Tim is an engineer. He is working for a big firm and he has already visited a great number

of different places in Australia. He has just bought an Australian car and has gone to Alice Springs,

a small town in the centre of Australia. He will soon visit Darwin. From there, he will fly to Perth.

My brother has never been abroad before, so he is finding this trip very exciting.

句型升级:

小贴示:尽量用简洁的英语来表达意思.语言学中,简洁就是美.(Brevity is beauty.)

表示坐飞机去某地,以前也许你常说:He will go to Perth by plane.

现在,你知道了,直接用fly to...是简洁漂亮的英语.

同样的,匆匆忙忙去某地,可以将go to ...in a hurry简化为:hurry to...

及时操练: 就在那时,一名男子匆匆忙忙来到售票处.

答: Just then, a man hurried to the ticket office.(L19)

NCE2句型宝典6

本期句型: While two detectives were keeping guard at the door, two others opened the parcel.

两个侦探把门,另外两个侦探打开了包裹

锁定原文:NCE2-L7

The plane was late and detectives were waiting at the airport all morning. They were expecting a

valuable parcel of diamond from South Africa. A few hours earlier, someone had told the police

that thieves would try to steal the diamonds. When the plane arrived, some of the detectives were

waiting inside the main building while others were waiting on the airfield. Two men took the

parcel off the plane and carried it into the Customs House. While two detectives were keeping

guard at the door, two others opened the parcel.
To their surprise, the precious parcel was full of

stones and sand!

句型分析: *While+时间状语从句,主句

这是用while引导时间状语从句,则表示主句动作发生在从句动作开始之后,从句动作比主

句动作进行时间更长.

所以要求从句动作用延续性动词,并常用进行时态,除非从句表述的是一种持续的状态.

while从句可以置前,也可以置后.

e.g. Strike while the iron is hot.趁热打铁.

e.g. Tazieff was able to set up his camp very close to the volcano while it was erupting

violently.(L67)当火山正在猛烈喷发时,塔捷耶夫成功地在离他非常近的地方扎营.

用while引导的时间状语从句也可以表示主句动作和从句动作同时发生,这时一般主句和从

句都用进行时态,且从句置后.

e.g. Hiber was singing while the others were dancing. 海博在唱歌,而其他人在跳舞.

及时操练: 当牛顿在思考的时候,一个苹果砸在他的头上.

答:While Newton was thinking, an apple fell on his head.

NCE2句型宝典7

本期句型: Bill Frith's garden is larger than Joe's. 比尔弗里斯的花园比乔的花园大

原文锁定:NCE2-L8

Joe Sanders has the most beautiful garden in our town. Nearly everybody enters for 'The Nicest

Garden Competition' each year, but Joe wins every time. Bill Frith's garden is larger than Joe's.

Bill works harder than Joe and grows more flowers and vegetables, but Joe's garden is more

interesting. He has made neat paths and has built a wooden bridge over a pool. I like gardens too,

but I do not like hard work. Every year I enter for the garden competition too, and I always win a

little prize for the worst garden in the town!

句型分析: *句子主干(含形容词或副词的比较级)+than比较对象

在形容词或副词比较级前面可以加上以下的词来具体修饰程度:far,much,a little, a bit,even等.

e.g.The locals know the city far better than the foreigners.当地人对这个城市的了解比外地人要多的多.

特别提示:

有时候than后不会出现常规的比较对象,而是其他成分,如:before,usual,sb. should, sb.

thought, sb. expected等.

及时操练: 现实往往比梦境更残酷. 1, Reality is always more cruel than the dream.

我吃的太多了. I ate more than I should.

NCE2句型宝典8

本期句型: It has belonged to our family for a long time. 我们家有这件乐器很久了

原文锁定:NCE2-L10

We have an old musical instrument. It is called a clavichord(翼琴). It was made in Germany in

1681. Our clavichord is kept in the living-room. It has belonged to our family for a long time. The

instrument was bought by my grandfather many years ago. Recently it was damaged by a visitor.

She tried to play jazz on it! She struck the keys too hard and two of the strings were broken. My

father was shocked. Now we are not allowed to touch it. It is being repaired by a friend of my

father's.

句型分析: *物+belong to + 人

当你要骄傲地告诉别人你拥有的宝贝时,不说:I have..., 而是反过来,用这个物作主语,再

用一个belong to的词组来造句,这样,拥有者的得意之情跃然纸上了.

及时操练: 在你家绕一圈,看见一个值钱的东西(如高级音响),就脱口而出这个句型!

答:The hi-fi has belonged to our family for a long time.

NCE2句型宝典9

本期句型: If you park your car in the wrong place, a traffic policeman will soon find it. 如果你

把汽车停错了地方,交通警察很快就会发现.

原文锁定:NCE2-L16

If you park your car in the wrong place, a traffic policeman will soon find it. You will be very

lucky if he lets you go without a ticket. However, this does not always happen. Traffic police are

sometimes very polite. During a holiday in Sweden, I found this note on my car:' Sir, we welcome

you to our city. This is a "No Parking" area. You will enjoy your stay here if you pay attention to

our street signs. This note is only a reminder.' If you receive a request like this, you cannot fail to

obey it!

句型分析: *If +条件状语从句(一般现在时),主句(一般将来时)

在条件状语从句中,用一般现在时来代替一般将来时.所以在以if引导的从句中,永远看

不到will do的时态.

e.g. It is said that if anyone touches the tree, he will have bad luck; if he picks a leaf, he will die.

(L58)据说,谁要是摸了这颗树,谁就会交上厄运;如果谁摘了一片树叶,谁就会死去.

If条件从句和主句的位置可以对调,如:

e.g. You will be very lucky if he lets you go without a ticket.(L16)如果他没有给你罚款单就让你

走掉,算你走运.

及时操练:

如果秋天走了,我会在雪地里等你;

如果世界没了,我会在天堂里等你;

如果你走了,我会在泪水中思念你;

如果我走了,我会找一个人来照顾你.

特别提示:

多数时候,if引导的条件状语从句中,从句如果以you做主语,那么整个句子可以和这个句

型替换: *祈使句,+and/or陈述句

条件从句为肯定句时,中间这个词选and;

条件从句为否定句时,中间这个词选or.

答: If autumn is gone, I will wait for you on snow.

If the world is gone, I will wait for you in the heaven.

If you are gone, I will miss you in tears.

If I am gone, I will find somebody to look after you.

NCE2句型宝典10

本期句型:This does not always happen. 这样的事情并不是总会发生.

原文锁定:NCE2-L16

If you park your car in the wrong place, a traffic policeman will soon find it. You will be very

lucky if he lets you go without a ticket. However, this does not always happen. Traffic police are

sometimes very polite. During a holiday in Sweden, I found this note on my car:' Sir, we welcome

you to our city. This is a "No Parking" area. You will enjoy your stay here if you pay attention to

our street signs. This note is only a reminder.' If you receive a request like this, you cannot fail to

obey it!

句型分析: 小贴示:什么是流利的口语 是说出艰涩的句子和选择生僻的单词么 不,流利的口语是在合适的时间,合适的场合思维敏捷地说出合适的话,口语的句子是简单而到位的.那么这就需要我们收集些在生活中经常用的上的句子.

比如这个句子就适用于很多情景.

当你要向别人讲一件天大的好事时,可以用这句话来卖卖关子.如老板宣布给员工加薪前:

This does not always happen, but we decide to give you two extra pounds a month!

这个并不是总会发生,但是我们决定每个月给你加两英镑的工资. 反过来,在遇到尴尬的情况时也可以用它来自我解嘲.

及时操练: 大街上狼狈地摔了一跤,爬起来后如何对周围的人幽默一下

答: This does not always happen.

NCE2句型宝典11

本期句型: Darling, it must be terrible to be grown up. 亲爱的,长大成人真可怕啊.

原文锁定:NCE2-L17

My aunt Jennifer is an actress. She must be at least thirty-five years old. In spite of this, she often

appears on the stage as a young girl. Jennifer will have to take part in a new play soon. This time,

she will be a girl of seventeen. In the play, she must appear in a bright red dress and long black

stockings. Last year in another play, she had to wear short socks and a bright, orange-coloured

dress. If anyone ever asked her how old she is, she always answers, 'Darling, it must be terrible to

be grown up!'

句型分析:

*It is+形容词+动词不定式/that 从句

it 在句子中做形式主语,因为真正的主语--动词不定式to be grown up太长了,放在主语位置句子不平衡.因此按照英语的"尾重原则",需要把它放到最后面去.如果主语是动词不定式或从句,一般都采用it作形式主语的技巧来造句.

e.g. It is necessary to remember every guest's name.记住每位来宾的名字是有必要的.

e.g. It must be challenging to enter for a beauty pageant.参加选美比赛肯定很具有挑战性.

及时操练: 打落水狗并不难.(提示:这句可是伊索Aesop的名言哦^_^)

答: It is easy to kick a man that is down.

NCE2句型宝典12

本期句型:"I might as well have them,"I said sadly. "我还是买下的好,"我沮丧地说.

原文锁定:NCE2-L19

'The play may begin at any moment,' I said.

'It may have begun already,' Susan answered.

'I hurried to the ticket-office. 'May I have two tickets please ' I asked.

'I'm sorry, we've sold out,' the girl said.

'What a pity!' Susan exclaimed.

Just then, a man hurried to the ticket-office.

'Can I return these two tickets ' he asked.

'Certainly,' the girl said.

'Could I have those two tickets please ' I asked.

'Certainly, 'the girl said, 'but they are for next Wednesday's performance.

'I might as well have them,' I said sadly.

句型分析: *主语+might/may as well +动词原形

表示建议的句型,但带有"无路可走,只能如此"的语气.翻译成"还是......好"或"不妨......".

学画画很长时间却不见进展,自觉这方面灵性不够:I may as well give up.我还是放弃的好.

用might语气更为委婉.

及时操练:

看中了一件红色的靓衫,可尺码不合适,合适尺码的只有黑色的了,你不舍放弃,只好建议自己:我还是买下这件黑色的好.

答: I might as well have the black one.

NCE2句型宝典13

本期句型:I am determined to stay here.. 我决定留在这里.

原文锁定:NCE2- L21

Aeroplanes are slowly driving me mad. I live near an airport and passing planes can be heard night

and day. The airport was built during the war, but for some reason it could not be used then. Last

year, however, it came into use. Over a hundred people must have been driven away from their

homes by the noise. I am one of the few people left. Sometimes I think this house will be knocked

down by a passing plane. I have been offered a large sum of money to go away, but I am

determined to stay here. Everybody says I must be mad and they are probably right. are slowly

driving me mad. I live near an airport and passing planes can be heard night and day. The airport

was built during the war, but for some reason it could not be used then. Last year, however, it

came into use. Over a hundred people must have been driven away from their homes by the noise.

I am one of the few people left. Sometimes I think this house will be knocked down by a passing

plane. I have been offered a large sum of money to go away, but I am determined to stay here.

Everybody says I must be mad and they are probably right.

句型分析:

小贴示:不同的语体

任何语言都有不一样的语体,有雅有俗.大致可以分为三类:正式语,非正式语,俗语. 我们需要根据不同的场合选用不同的语言.

在外交场合,商业信函或严肃的文件中,应当用正式语体; 在日常生活或便条,短信中,选择非正式语体; 在轻松的时段与亲近的家人朋友之间的谈话,则选择俗语. 本期这句话属于正式语体,

此外,这句话还可以表达为:I resolve to stay here.

而非正式语体是:I am driven to stay here.

俗语方式则是:I am hell bent on staying here.

e.g. 在书信中正式地表达"我们公司决定录用你".

Our company has resovled to employ you.

及时操练:

判断下列句子分别属于哪种语体

(1)Can you give me a hand /Can you assist me / Can you help me

(2)The old man is deceased./ The old man has kicked the bucket./The old man is dead.

答:俗语/正式语/非正式语

正式语/俗语/非正式语

NCE2句型宝典14

本期句型:It could be worse. 不幸中的万幸.

原文锁定:NCE2-L24 标题

句型分析:

could 在这里表示推测,"可能".

"情况可能会更糟",理解为"这是不幸中之万幸".

e.g. 朋友家失窃,存折都丢了,所幸财产上过保险,感叹:It could be worse!

和这句话意思相反的一句话是:More's the pity! 这更让人遗憾!

e.g. 朋友家失窃What a pity!而他从没买过保险,More's the pity!

及时操练:

朋友在车祸中受了皮外伤,他自我安慰到:

答:

It could be worse.

(感言:嘿嘿,很好的心态哦)

NCE2句型宝典15

本期句型:The manager was sympathetic, but he could do nothing. 经理深表同情,但是他们无

能为力.

原文锁定:NCE2-L24

I entered the hotel manager's office and sat down. I had just lost &50 and I felt very upset.' I left

the money in my room,' I said, 'and it's not there now.' The manager was sympathetic, but he could

do nothing.
'Everyone's losing money these days,' he said. He started to complain about this

wicked world but was interrupted by a knock at the door. A girl came in and put an envelope on

his desk. It contained &5o. 'I found this outside this gentleman's room' she said. 'Well,' I said to the

manager, 'there is still some honesty in this world!'

句型分析:

口语小贴示:将主语变成"I",时态变成现在时,那么这句话在很多场合就能派上用场了.

交警拦下一辆超速的奔驰,车主可怜巴巴地说lease, please let me off!请高抬贵手放我走吧!

交警一边递罚单一边说:I am sympathetic, but I can do nothing.

及时操练: 当老不还钱的朋友又开口向你借钱时,你知道该怎样支开他了么

答: I am sympathetic, but I can do nothing.

NCE2句型宝典16

本期句型: Everyone's losing money these days.

句型分析:

这句话用现在进行时表示重复发生的动作,流露出一种强烈情感(包括赞美,抱怨,担忧,

讨厌,满意等).

句子中间往往有这些副词:always, continually, constantly, forever等.

e.g. The little boy is always telling lies. 这个小男孩总是撒谎.(表示讨厌)

e.g. The villagers are continually helping the tourists. 村民们经常帮助外来的游客.(表示赞赏)

e.g. The manager is constantly forgetting his appointment. 经理老是忘记他的约会.(表示抱怨)

及时操练: 不停地出现污染问题.

答: The problems about the pollution are appearing all the time.(这里用现在进行时表示担忧)

NCE2句型宝典17

本期句型:It is one of ugliest faces I have ever seen. 这是我至少为止见过的最丑的脸孔之一.

原文锁定:NCE2- L28

Jasper White is one of those rare people who believes in ancient myths. He has just bought a new

house in the city, but ever since he moved in, he has had trouble with motorists. When he returns

home at night, he always finds that someone has parked a car outside his gate. Because of this, he

has not been able to get his own car into his garage even once. Jasper has put up' No Parking' signs

outside his gate, but these have not had any effect. Now he has put an ugly stone head over the

gate. It is one of the ugliest faces I have ever seen. I asked him what it was and he told me that it

was Medusa, the Gorgon. Jasper hopes that she will turn motorists to stone. But none of them has

been turned to stone yet!

句型分析: *主语+be+one of+形容词最高级+复数名词+定语从句(完成时态)

用这个句型表达"......是某人所......中最......之一"之类的意思.

定语从句前的that可以省略.

e.g. She was one of the prettiest girls I had ever worked with. 她是与我合作过的最漂亮的女孩之一.

NCE2第52课出现了一个更容易的句型: *主语+be+形容词最高级+名词+定语从句(完成时态)

e.g. This is the prettiest carpet I have ever seen.(L52)这是我见过的最漂亮的地毯.

及时操练: 1, 你是我见过最走运的人之一.

2, 她的微笑是我见过的最甜美的表情.

答:1,You are one of the luckiest people I have ever met.

2,Her smile is the sweetest expression I have ever seen.

NCE2句型宝典18

本期句型:The most surprising thing about it, however, is that it can land anywhere: on sonw,

water, or even on a ploughed field. 然而,最让人惊讶的是,它能够在任何地方降落:雪地上,水面上,甚至在刚耕过的田里.

锁定原文:NCE2-L29

Captain Ben Fawcett has bought an unusual taxi and has begun a new service. The 'taxi' is a small

Swiss aeroplane called a 'Pilatus Porter'. This wonderful plane can carry seven passengers. The

most surprising thing about it, however, is that it can land anywhere: on snow, water, or even on a

ploughed field.
Captain Fawcett's first passenger was a doctor who flew from Birmingham to a

lonely village in the Welsh mountains. Since then, Captain Fawcett has flown passengers to many

unusual places. Once he landed on the roof of a block of flats and on another occasion, he landed

in a deserted car park. Captain Fawcett has just refused a strange request from a businessman. The

man wanted to fly to Rockall, a lonely island in the Atlantic Ocean, but Captain Fawcett did not

take him because the trip was too dangerous.

句型介绍: *主语+be动词+表语从句

表语从句和宾语从句大致相同,可以由that,whether或特殊疑问词引导.

不同的是:

1,表语从句总是跟在be动词后面,而宾语从句跟在及物的实义动词后面.

2,遇到一般疑问句时,表语从句只用whether引导,而宾语从句可用if/whether引导.

3,as if(好像)也可以引导表语从句

e.g. The focus of all attention is where the UFO came from.大众感兴趣的焦点是不明飞行物从哪里来的.

e.g. The hometown remains unchanged. It is as if I came here yesterday.故乡完全没有变化,好像我昨天才来过这里.

及时操练: 最让人惊讶的是一场春雨过后,小草奇迹般地从烧焦的土地里冒了出来.

答: The most surprising thing was that the grass had miraculously taken root in the

blackened soil after a spring rain.

NCE2句型宝典19

本期句型: Quick work! 破案"神速"!

锁定原文:NCE2-L34 标题

句型介绍: 反语修辞(Irony)

文中的Dan Robinson在20年之后才被警察局通知,他们找到了自己当初丢失的自行车.这

宗案件的查办速度绝对慢.作者没有直接感叹:Slow work!而是反过来说uick work!

NCE2第56课也是异曲同工,旧式汽车比赛的速度被形容成faster than sound(比声音还快)!

反语很容易学,就是反着意思来说话,以达到讽刺,幽默的效果或表达喜爱的情感.

e.g. 在房间里偷打电子游戏,被老妈发现:You really work hard! 你学习真够努力!

e.g. 丈夫非但不会做饭,反而将厨房弄得一团糟:He did help!他真是帮了大忙!

及时操练: 1,上班溜号,却被老板逮了正着,"真背!"

2,你编了个蹩脚的理由应付老板,老板一眼识破:"什么烂理由!"

答:1,I am so lucky!

2,That's a good excuse!

NCE2句型宝典20

本期句型:When he was driving along Catford Street recently, he saw two thieves rush out of a

shop and run towards a waiting car. 最近当他正开着车在凯特福德街行驶时,看到有两个小偷

从一家商店里冲出来,奔向等在那里的一辆车.

锁定原文:NCE2-L35

Rov Trenton used to drive a taxi. A short while ago, however, he became a bus-driver and he was

not regretted it. He is finding his new work far more exciting. When he was driving along Catford

Street recently, he saw two thieves rush out of a shop and run towards a waiting car.
One of them

was carrying a bag full of money. Roy acted quickly and drove the bus straight at the thieves. The

one with the money got such a fright that he dropped the bag. As the thieves were trying to get

away in their car, Roy drove his bus into the back of it. While the battered car was moving away,

Roy stopped his bus and telephoned the police. The thieves' car was badly damaged and easy to

recognize. Shortly afterwards, the police stopped the car and both men were arrested.

句型介绍: *主语+谓语动词+宾语+do sth..

省略to的不定式在这里作宾语补足语.

可以适用这个结构的谓语动词包括感官动词(watch, notice, hear, feel)和使役动词(have, make, let).

e.g. If I am determined to leave, I will surely let him know it.如果我决定离开,我一定会让他知道.

e.g. They noticed the beggar leave without picking up the coin on the ground.他们注意到那个乞

丐没有去捡地上的硬币就离开了.

如果将这个句子变成被动语态,一定要把省略的to补上.(注意:let没有被动语态)

e.g. The plane was watched to fly into the sky. 人们注视着飞机直冲云霄.

及时操练: 职员们被迫加班.

特别提示: 动词help后面的宾语补足语可以用to do,也可以省略to.

但是一般有这样一个用法上的倾向:当主语参与到宾语补足语的动作中时,不加to,否则就加to.

e.g. My mother helped me wash up. 母亲帮我洗碗.(母亲直接参与洗碗动作,所以不加to)

e.g. My teacher helped me to improve my language level.老师帮我提高语言水平.(老师没有直

接参与提高语言水平这个动作中,所以加上to)

答: The employees were made to work overtime.

NCE2句型宝典21

本期句型:He had no sooner returned than he bought a house and went to live there.他一回来,

就买了一幢房子,并且在那儿住了下来.

He had hardly had time to settle down when he sold the house and left the country. 他还未来得

及有时间安顿下来,就卖了房子,离开了乡下.

锁定原文:NCE2-L38

My old friend, Harrison, had lived in the Mediterranean for many years before he returned to

England. He had often dreamed of retiring in England and had planned to settle down in the

country. He had no sooner returned than he bought a fine house and went to live there. Almost

immediately he began to complain about the weather, for even though it was still summer, it

rained continually and it was often bitterly cold. After so many years of sunshine, Harrison got a

shock. He acted as if he had never lived in England before. In the end, it was more than he could

bear. He had hardly had time to settle down when he sold the house and left the country. The

dream he had had for so many years ended there. Harrison had thought of everything except the

weather.

句型介绍: *no sooner... than... 表示"一……就……"

*hardly...when... 表示"还没来得及……就……"

它们都是固定搭配,有相同特点:

1,前面用过去完成时,后面都用一般过去时.

e.g. She had no sooner come into the house than she passed out.她一进屋就昏过去了.

e.g. She had hardly opened her eyes when the ambulance sent her to hospital. 她还没来得及睁眼,救护车就把她送到了医院.

2,如果no sooner 或hardly 提前,前半句需要倒装.于是有了以下拓展的句型:

*No sooner+had+主语+过去分词+than+主语+过去式

*Hardly+had+主语+过去分词+when+主语+过去式

让我们一起对例句做下变形吧~

e.g. No sooner had he returned than he bought a house and went to live there.

e.g. Hardly had he had time to settle down when he sold the house and left the country.

及时操练: 1,她还未来得及找到稳定的工作,她的父母就来了.

2,她父母一来,她就租了一套公寓.

答: 1,She had hardly found a steady job when her parents arrived.

2,Her parents had no sooner come than she rented a flat.

NCE2句型宝典22

本期句型:Almost immediately he began to complain about the weather, for even though it was

still summer, it rained continually and it was often bitterly cold.他几乎马上就开始抱怨天气,因

为即使仍是夏季,天还在持续地下雨,总是极其寒冷.

My old friend, Harrison, had lived in the Mediterranean for many years before he returned to

England. He had often dreamed of retiring in England and had planned to settle down in the

country. He had no sooner returned than he bought a fine house and went to live there. Almost

immediately he began to complain about the weather, for even though it was still summer, it

rained continually and it was often bitterly cold.
After so many years of sunshine, Harrison got a

shock. He acted as if he had never lived in England before. In the end, it was more than he could

bear. He had hardly had time to settle down when he sold the house and left the country. The

dream he had had for so many years ended there. Harrison had thought of everything except the

weather.

句型介绍: 这是新概念第二册中第一次出现的长句.读任何长句,第一要领是把句子结构弄清楚.

我们来给这个句子划分层次,一共分三层:Almost immediately he began to complain about the

weather, |for even though it was still summer, ||it rained continually and |||it was often bitterly cold.

第一层表明了这个句子的基本句型.这个句子是用for(因为)连接而成的并列句,前半部

分是结果,后半部分是原因.

第二层是"让步状语+主句"的关系,用even though(虽然)引导状语.

第三层是并列关系,用and连接.

由此可见,英语中不管句子多长,这个长句的逻辑关系一定要紧凑严密,而且一定会用各种

各样连接词来体现这种逻辑关系.英语是"重形"的.

汉语则不然,汉语是"重神"的.一个句子可以就是几个词,短语或分句的堆砌,只要意境

表达出来,可以不出现任何连接词.比如:

枯藤老树昏鸦,小桥流水人家,古道西风瘦马,夕阳西下,断肠人在天涯.

中文可以说:这些天来,你帮了我很多.英文不能说:These days, you have helped me a lot.

因为不能单靠逗号来连接两个小分句,必须出现某个体现逻辑关系的词将这两个小分词连接

起来.我们将其改为uring these days, you have helped me a lot. 用分词短语作时间状语连

接这两个部分.

及时操练: 判断以下句子的对错,并纠正错句.

1, He is my son, I love him very much.

2, I saw him, I was extremely delighted.

3, Harrison is my friend, he is an engineer.

特别提示: It was often bitterly cold.天气非常冷.

这是正式语体,用来形容极冷.反之,极热是:It was scorching hot.

非正式语体:It was freezing./ It was burning.

俚语表达:It was cold as hell./ It was hot enough to fry eggs on the road.

答: 1, He is my son, so I love him very much.

2, When I saw him, I was extremely delighted.

3, Harrison is my friend, and he is an engineer.

NCE2句型宝典23

本期句型:He acted as if he had never lived in England before.他的举动就好像他从来没有在英国生活过一样.

rained continually and it was often bitterly cold. After so many years of sunshine, Harrison got a

weather.

句型介绍: *主语+as if+方式状语从句

as if指"好像",引导方式状语从句,可以换作as though(不过as if比as though更常见).

as if后面要用虚拟语气:

(1)用一般过去时/过去进行时,表示从句动作与主句动作同时发生;

(2)用过去完成时,表示从句动作在主句动作之前发生;

(3)用would/might加动词原形,表示从句动作发生在主句动作之后.

e.g. He looked at me as if he had not known me.他看着我,好像从来不认识我.

e.g. Jack stood there as if he were a statue.(虚拟语气用were)杰克像个雕塑那样立着.

e.g. The waiter shouted at me as if he would kill me. 侍者冲我叫嚣,好像要把我给杀了.

及时操练: 那个可怜的男孩浑身颤抖,好像有什么可怕的事情将要发生.

特别提示: as if 后的句子虚拟语气的体现方式与wish后的宾语从句相同.

答: The poor boy trembled as if something terrible would happen.

NCE2句型宝典24

本期句型:"Young man,"she answered, "if you ate more and talked less, we would both enjoy our

dinner!""年轻人,"她回答说,"如果你多吃点,少说点,我们俩都会吃得很好."

锁定原文:NCE2-L40

Last week at a dinner-party, the hostess asked me to sit next to Mrs Rumbold. Mrs Rumbold was a

large, unsmiling lady in a tight black dress. She did not even look up when I took my seat beside

her. Her eyes were fixed on her plate and in a short time, she was busy eating. I tried to make

conversation.

' A new play is coming to" The Globe" soon,' I said. 'Will you be seeing it ' ' No,' she answered.

'Will you be spending your holidays abroad this year ' I asked. ' No,' she answered.

' Will you be staying in England ' I asked. ' No,' she answered.

In despair, I asked her whether she was enjoying her dinner.

' Young man,' she answered,' if you ate more and talked less, we would both enjoy our dinner!'

句型介绍: *If + 从句主语+did, 主句主语+would do

If在这引导非真实条件句,所以句型中采用了虚拟语气.

所谓非真实条件句,即假设的情况不可能实现,只是一种想象.

先看看下面两个例句,对比下真实条件句和非真实条件句

e.g. If I see a poor man on the street, I will help him.如果我在大街上看到一个穷人,我会帮助他的.

(这是真实条件句,因为是有可能在街上看见穷人的)

e.g. If I saw a lion on the street, I would run for life.如果我在大街上看见一头狮子,我会逃命的.

(这是非真实条件句,大街上一般不可能出现狮子的)

这个句型是对现在事实的非真实假设.

e.g. If I had a lot of money, I would buy the beautiful garden.如果我有很多钱,我就要买下这座漂亮的花园.

e.g. If they knew how difficult it was to drill through the hard rock, they would lose heart.

(NCE2-l82)如果他们知道钻透那坚硬的石头有多么困难,他们会丧失信心的.(说明他们现在并不知道)

注意:如果if后面出现be动词,则be动词的过去时一律用were,绝不能用was

及时操练: 1,如果我认识施瓦辛格(Schwarzangger),我一定邀请他来参加我的生日聚会.

2,如果我是你,我决不会以那种方式和我的朋友说话的.

答:1.If I knew Schwarzengger, I would definitely invite him to my birthday party.

2.If I were you, I would never speak to my friends like that.

NCE2句型宝典25

本期句型: At one point, it seemed certain that their plane would crash. 在某个地方,飞机似乎

肯定要坠毁了.

锁定原文:NCE2-L43

In 1929, three years after his flight over the North Pole, the American explorer, R. E. Byrd,

successfully flew over the South Pole for the first time. Though, at first, Byrd and his men were

able to take a great many photographs of the mountains that lay below, they soon ran into serious

trouble. At one point, it seemed certain that their plane would crash. It could only get over the

mountains if it rose to 10,000 feet. Byrd at once ordered his men to throw out two heavy food

sacks. The plane was then able to rise and it cleared the mountains by 400 feet. Byrd now knew

that he would be able to reach the South Pole which was 300 miles away, for there were no more

mountains in sight. The aircraft was able to fly over the endless white plains without difficulty.

句型介绍: *It seem/appear+(to be)形容词/名词

这是个表示揣测的句型.

It是形式主语,seem和appear是系动词,真正的主语是在后面的不定式或从句.整个句子是五大句型中的"主+系+表"结构.

e.g. It appears a sorrow that we have to leave such a beautiful land.必须离开这块美丽的地方,对我们来说似乎是个伤痛.

e.g. It seems to be your first job to complete the book.你的首要任务似乎就是完成这本书.

及时操练: 1,现在才发出这个邀请似乎已经没有什么意义了.

2,不接受这个礼物对于你来说是明智的.

答: 1, It appears to be meaningless to send out the invitation now.

2, It seems wise for you not to take the gift.

NCE2句型宝典26

本期句型: No one could account for the fact that one of the boxes was extremely heavy.谁也弄

不清为什么当中的一个箱子特别重.

锁定原文:NCE2-L46

When a plane from London arrived at Sydney airport, workers began to unload a number of

wooden boxes which contained clothing. No one could account for the fact that one of the boxes

was extremely heavy.
It suddenly occurred to one of the workers to open up the box. He was

astonished at what he found. A man was lying in the box on top of a pile of woollen goods. He

was so surprised at being discovered that he did not even try to run away. After he was arrested,

the man admitted hiding in the box before the plane left London. He had had a long and

uncomfortable trip, for he had been confined to the wooden box for over ten hours. The man was

ordered to pay &345 for the cost of the trip. The normal price of a ticket is &230!

句型介绍: *同位语从句

这个句子当中包含了一个同位语从句.

所谓同位语,即与前面的名词有相同的功能.同位语和前面的名词指代内容相同,在整个句

子中的结构功能相同.所以,同位语从句当然属于名词性从句,类似于宾语从句,同样分为

三类:

1,陈述句连接用that

2, 一般疑问句连接词用whether

3,特殊疑问句连接词用特殊疑问词.

e.g. Everyone has got the news that the mayor will retire next year.每个人都得到消息,市长明年要退休了.

e.g. I raised the question that whether the letter would arrive on time.我提出了这封信是否会准时到达的问题.

e.g. The reason why she came late was clear. 她迟到的原因已经很清楚了.

同位语从句的先行词都是可以说明具体内容的抽象名词

report,news,order,idea,fact,hope,belief,thought等.

及时操练: 他一直坚持上帝造人的信仰.

特别提示: 用that引导的同位语从句和定语从句极易混淆,因为它们都是放在名词之后.

区别的关键1:定语从句的先行词可以回到从句中来,代替that.

e.g. Eevryone has got the news that is very surprising.每个人都得知了那条让人惊讶的消息.

我们将先行词带回到从句中,得到句子:The news is very surprising.

区别的关键2:同位语从句一般都是说明先行词的内容的.

答: He insists on the belief that God made people.

NCE2句型宝典27

本期句型: He told me that he could not go to sleep one night because he heard a strange noise

coming from the bar.他告诉我有天夜里他睡不着觉,因为他听见从酒吧那儿传来一阵奇怪的

声音.

锁定原文:NCE2-L47

A public house which was recently bought by Mr Ian Thompson is up for sale. Mr Thompson is

going to sell it because it is haunted. He told me that he could not go to sleep one night because he

heard a strange noise coming from the bar.
The next morning, he found that the doors had been

blocked by chairs and the furniture had been moved. Though Mr Thompson had turned the lights

off before he went to bed, they were on in the morning. He also said that he had found five empty

whisky bottles which the ghost must have drunk the night before. When I suggested that some

villagers must have come in for a free drink, Mr Thompson shook his head. The villagers have

told him that they will not accept the inn even if he gives it away.

句型介绍: *主语+谓语动词+宾语+doing

现在分词doing在这里做宾语补足语.

在动词see,feel,watch,notice,hear后面,即可以用省略to的不定式作宾语补足语,又能用现在分词作宾语补足语.两种情况稍有区别:

用省略to的不定式时,表示该动作的全过程;

e.g. We saw a little girl pick up a wallet and hand it to the policeman this afternoon.今天下午我们见到一个小女孩见到钱包,并且将它交给了警察.

用现在分词时,表示动作正在发生.

e.g. We saw a little girl flying a kite on the square this afternoon.今天下午我们看见一个小女孩正在广场上放风筝.

及时操练: 我能感觉到地面在轻微地震动.

答: I can feel the ground shaking slightly.

NCE2句型宝典28

本期句型:Meanwhile, my tongue was busy searching out the hole where the tooth had been.与此

同时,我的舌头正忙着搜寻刚拔掉的那颗牙的伤口.

锁定原文:NCE2-L48

Dentists always ask questions when it is impossible for you to answer. My dentist had just pulled

out one of my teeth and had told me to rest for a while. I tried to say something, but my mouth

was full of cotton-wool. He knew I collected birds' eggs and asked me whether my collection was

growing. He then asked me how my brother was and whether I liked my new job in London. In

answer to these questions I either nodded or made strange noises. Meanwhile, my tongue was

busy searching out the hole where the tooth had been.
I suddenly felt very worried, but could not

say anything. When the dentist at last removed the cotton-wool from my mouth, I was able to tell

him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth.

句型介绍: *主句(包括指地点/时间/原因/方式的先行词)+where/when/why/how引导的定语从句

e.g. October 1, 1949 is the day when the People's Republic of China was founded.1949年10月1日是中华人民共和国成立的那一天.

e.g. I hate the way how he looks at me.我不喜欢他看我的方式.

及时操练 : 1,我总是想起我们初次见面的那一刻.

2,不要用对待小孩子的方式去对待你的宠物.

特别提示: 在how引导的定语从句中,how可以换作that,或者有时干脆省略.

We like them in the same way that we like pretty curtain material.(NCE2-L26)我们喜欢他们,就像我们喜欢漂亮的窗帘一样.

答: 1.I always think of the moment when we first met.

2.Don't treat your pet in the way how you treat your child.

NCE2句型宝典29

本期句型: The young man did not wake up until the bed had struck the ground.那个年轻人直到

床撞到地上才醒了过来.

锁定原文:NCE2-L49

Tired of sleeping on the floor, a young man in Teheran saved up for years to buy a real bed. For

the first time in his life, he became the proud owner of a bed which had springs and a mattress.

Because the weather was very hot, he carried the bed on to the roof of his house. He slept very

well for the first two nights, but on the third night, a storm blew up. A gust of wind swept the bed

off the roof and sent it crashing into the courtyard below. The young man did not wake up until the

bed had struck the ground.
Although the bed was smashed to pieces, the man was miraculously

unhurt. When he woke up, he was still on the mattress. Glancing at the bits of wood and metal that

lay around him, the man sadly picked up the mattress and carried it into his house. After he had

put it on the floor, he promptly went to sleep again.

句型介绍: *主句(含not的否定式)+until时间状语从句

not...until...是表示"直到……才……"的句型.

1,主句中的动词都是短暂性动词;

2,时间状语从句中用一般现在时代替一般将来时;

3,一般来说,从句动作先于主句动作发生,如果要强调从句动作的完成状态,可以用完成时;

4,until 可以换作till

e.g. The baby did not stop crying untill he saw the toy.这个小婴儿直到看见玩具才停止哭泣.

及时操练: 直到朋友提醒她,她才意识到自己的错误.

特别提示: 上面这个句型可以扩展成两个延伸句型:

*not until +时间状语从句+倒装后的主句

*It is not until +时间状语从句+that+主句

第一个句式是将否定性时间状语提前的倒装句式.

第二个句式是强调句,强调时间状语.

我们把上文的例句做下变形吧.

e.g. Not until he saw the toy did the baby stop crying.

e.g. It was not until he saw the toy that the baby stopped crying.

答: She didn't realize her mistake until her friend had reminded her of it.

NCE2句型宝典30

本期句型: This is as far as we go.我们到此为止.

锁定原文:NCE2-L50

I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way. I went on an excursion recently, but

my trip took me longer than I expected. ' I'm going to Woodford Green,' I said to the conductor as

I got on the bus,' but I don't know where it is.' 'I'll tell you where to get off,' answered the

conductor.

I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside. After some time, the bus stopped.

Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.

'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said. 'This is as far as we go.' 'Is this Woodford Green '

I asked. 'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly.' I forgot to put you off.' 'It doesn't matter,' I said.

'I'll get off here.' 'We are going back now,' said the conductor. 'Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on

the bus,' I answered.

句型介绍: 这个句型有"到……程度为止"的意思.

This is as far as we go.不仅可以像在课文中的一样,被司机用来表达"我们的车到终点站了",还可以用于生活中很多其他场合.

e.g.男生和女生拍拖,缘分已尽时,可以用这句伤感的话分手:This is as far as we go.

e.g. 与哥哥一起和爸爸开玩笑,眼看玩笑越开越过分,爸爸的脸色越来越青,你赶紧和哥哥

说:This is as far as we go. 生气的爸爸则指着你们的鼻子说:You are going too far.

及时操练: 天机不可泄漏,我只能讲这么多了.

答: This is as far as I can tell you.

NCE2句型宝典31

本期句型:The children were at school, my husband was at work and the house was quiet.孩子们在上学,丈夫在上班,家里非常清静.

锁定原文:NCE2-L54

After breakfast, I sent the children to school and then I went to market. It was still early when I

returned home. The children were at school, my husband was at work and the house was quiet. So

I decided to make some tarts for tea. In a short time I was busy mixing butter and flour and my

hands were soon covered with sticky pastry. At exactly that moment, the telephone rang. Nothing

could have been more annoying. I picked up the receiver between two sticky fingers and was

dismayed when I recognized the voice of Mrs Bates. It took me ten minutes to persuade her to ring

back later. At last I hung up the receiver. What a mess! There was pastry on my fingers, on the

telephone, and on the door-knobs. I had no sooner got back to the kitchen than the door-bell rang

loud enough to wake the dead. This time it was the postman and he wanted me to sign for a

registered letter!

句型介绍: 例句中这三个简单的小句子都是"主系表"结构,然而将他们并列地放在一起,并无单调呆板的感觉,反而显得很流畅.

这句话采用了英语中最常见的修辞格之一——平行(parallelism)

平行的修辞格可以让文章节奏鲜明,行文齐整,音律优美,表达精练.

并列可以用在句子之间,从句之间,短语之间,甚至是单词之间.

e.g. Studies serve for delight, for ornament, and for ability.读书足以逸情,足以博采,足以长才.(培根"Of Studies")

e.g. On the farm, I heard bulls bellowing, cocks crowing, hens cacking, chicken cheeping, dogs

barking.在农场里,我听见牛,公鸡,母鸡,小鸡和狗叫的声音交织成一片.

及时操练: 电视剧Friends《六人行》中,Chandler向Monica求婚的一幕,用的就是平行结构,甚是感人. 我想和你共度此生,共养儿孙,白头偕老.

答: I want to live my life with you, have children with you, grow old with you.

NCE2句型宝典32

本期句型: In spite of this, many people are confident that "The Revealer" may reveal something

of value fairly soon.尽管如此,很多人仍然相信"探宝器"很快就会探出值钱的东西来.

锁定原文:NCE2-L55

Dreams of finding lost treasure almost came true recently. A new machine called 'The Revealer'

has been invented and it has been used to detect gold which has been buried in the ground. The

machine was used in a cave near the seashore where--it is said--pirates used to hide gold. The

pirates would often bury gold in the cave and then fail to collect it. Armed with the new machine,

a search party went into the cave hoping to find buried treasure. The leader of the party was

examining the soil near the entrance to the cave when the machine showed that there was gold

under the ground. Very excited, the party dug a hole two feet deep. They finally found a small gold

coin which was almost worthless. The party then searched the whole cave thoroughly but did not

find anything except an empty tin trunk. In spite of this, many people are confident that 'The

Revealer' may reveal something of value fairly soon.

句型介绍: *主语+be+形容词+that从句

对于这类从句,有些语法专家认为是形容词宾语从句,有些认为是原因状语从句.

后面可以接这种从句的形容词都是一些表示情感和心理的词:

delighted,glad,angry,confident,sure,worried,surprised,sad,happy,disppointed, afraid,proud等.

e.g. Jane's mom is afraid that Jane can not get accustomed to the new life.简的妈妈担心简不能很快地适应新生活.

e.g. My wife was delighted that things had returned to normal once more.我的妻子十分高兴一切又回归了正常.

及时操练: 那个小男孩非常自豪,因为他已经可以游完游泳池的全长而不露出水面换气.

答: The little boy was proud that he could cover the whole length of the swimming pool without coming up for breath.

NCE2句型宝典33

本期句型:There was a great deal of excitement just before it began.比赛开始前,人们异常激动.

锁定原文:NCE2-L56

Once a year, a race is held for old cars. A lot of cars entered for this race last year and there was a

great deal of excitement just before it began.
One of the most handsome cars was a Rolls-Royce

Silver Ghost. The most unusual car was a Benz which had only three wheels. Built in 1885, it was

the oldest car taking part. After a great many loud explosions, the race began. Many of the cars

broke down on the course and some drivers spent more time under their cars than in them! A few

cars, however, completed the race. The winning car reached a speed of forty miles an hour--much

faster than any of its rivals. It sped downhill at the end of the race and its driver had a lot of

trouble trying to stop it. The race gave everyone a great deal of pleasure. It was very different

from modern car races but no less exciting.

句型介绍: 正式语言与非正式语言有一个很大的区别:正式语言常用名词来代替你想用的形容词或动词

比如这句话的口语版本:Everyone was very excited just before it began. 课文中,excitement取代了excited.

再看一个例子,加深理解:

e.g. I saw his burned face and that make me uncomfortable.

可以改为:My sight of his burned face made me uncomfortable.

我看见他烧伤的脸,让我很不安.

e.g. He had left for Paris and that made her feel more frustrated.

改为:His departure for Paris increased her frustration.

他去了巴黎,使得她感到更加沮丧.

及时操练: SARS期间,到处都人心惶惶.

答: There was a great deal of fear during the SARS period.

NCE2句型宝典34

本期句型:It sped downhill at the end of the race and its driver had a lot of trouble trying to stop it.

在比赛结束时,这辆车从山坡上急驰而下,车手都无法停下它.

锁定原文:NCE2-L56

Once a year, a race is held for old cars. A lot of cars entered for this race last year and there was a

great deal of excitement just before it began. One of the most handsome cars was a Rolls-Royce

Silver Ghost. The most unusual car was a Benz which had only three wheels. Built in 1885, it was

the oldest car taking part. After a great many loud explosions, the race began. Many of the cars

broke down on the course and some drivers spent more time under their cars than in them! A few

cars, however, completed the race. The winning car reached a speed of forty miles an hour--much

faster than any of its rivals. It sped downhill at the end of the race and its driver had a lot of

trouble trying to stop it.
The race gave everyone a great deal of pleasure. It was very different

from modern car races but no less exciting.

句型介绍: *主语+have trouble/difficulty (in) doing sth.

这个句型表达"无法做某事",等于"can't do sth.".它是"以肯定形式表达否定意思"的句

型,非常值得推荐.trouble/difficulty前可以加些修饰词:a little,a lot of, great, plenty of等.

e.g. She had difficulty opening the front door in darkness.她没有办法在黑暗中把前门打开.

e.g. Although Campbell reached a speed of over 304 miles per hour, he had great difficulty in

controlling the car because a type burst during the first run.虽然坎贝尔达到每小时超过304英里

的时速,但他很难把汽车控制住,因为在开始的行程中爆了一个轮胎.

及时操练: 他根本没有办法在30分钟内完成这些题目.

特别提示: 类似的"以肯定形式表达否定意思"的句型还有:

*主语+wonder+宾语从句 它相当于"主语+don't know+宾语从句"

e.g. I wonder how much money he has.我不知道他有多少钱.

*主语+be+beyond/above+名词

e.g. Her contribution in the education circle is beyond words.她在教育领域的贡献是难以用言语来赞美的.

答: He had a lot of trouble (in) completing the exercises in 30 minutes.

NCE2句型宝典35

本期句型: The tiny village of Frinley is said to possess a "cursed tree". 据说弗林利这个小村里有一棵"该诅咒的树".

锁定原文:NCE2-L58

The tiny village of Frinley is said to possess a 'cursed tree'. Because the tree was mentioned in a

newspaper, the number of visitors to Frinley has now increased. The tree was planted near a

church fifty years ago, but it is only in recent years that it has gained an evil reputation. It is said

that if anyone touches the tree, he will have bad luck; if he picks a leaf, he will die. Many villagers

believe that the tree has already claimed a number of victims. The vicar has been asked to have the

tree cut down, but so far he has refused. He has pointed out that the tree is a useful source of

income as tourists have been coming from all parts of the country to see it. In spite of all that has

been said, the tourists-have been picking leaves and cutting their names on the tree-trunk. So far,

not one of them has been struck down by sudden death!

句型介绍: *人/物+be said+动词不定式

这个句型表示"据说……"

动词不定式如果是to do/to be+形容词,则表示一般的情况或性质状态.

e.g. China is said to boast a long history and splendid culture.据说中国享有悠久的历史和灿烂的文化.

不定式如果是to be doing, 则表示正在进行的动作.

e.g. His brother is said to be training for the Bar.据说他哥哥正在接受当律师的培训.

不定式如果是to have P.P., 则表达已经完成的动作.

e.g. The red team is said to have beaten the blue team.据说红队已经赢了篮队.

*表示据说的句型还有:It is said that从句

e.g.It is said (that) you will definitely die within seven steps after bitten by the snake.据说被这种蛇咬过后七步之内必死. 及时操练: 据说这种金属比黄金还贵.

特别提示: 这两个句型中的said可以换作其他动词的过去分词形式,如known,expected,hoped,reported,believed等.

e.g. It is known that Great Wall was built in the 3rd century B.C.众所周知,长城是在公元前3世纪建成的.

答: This kind of metal is said to be more expensive than gold.

NCE2句型宝典36

本期句型:Every time he wanted to come into the garden he would bark until someone opened the gate.每当它想到花园里来得时候,便汪汪叫个不停,直到有人把门打开.

锁定原文:NCE2-L59

Our dog, Rex, used to sit outside our front gate and bark. Every time he wanted to come into the

garden he would bark until someone opened the gate.
As the neighbours complained of the noise,

my husband spent weeks training him to press his paw on the latch to let himself in. Rex soon

became an expert at opening the gate. However, when I was going out shopping last week, I

noticed him in the garden near the gate. This time he was barking so that someone would let him

out! Since then, he has developed another bad habit. As soon as he opens the gate from the outside,

he comes into the garden and waits until the gate shuts. Then he sits and barks until someone lets

him out. After this he immediately lets himself in and begins barking again. Yesterday my husband

removed the gate and Rex got so annoyed we have not seen him since.

句型介绍: *Every time等名词短语+时间状语从句,主句

引导时间状语从句不仅可以用when,whenever,while,as,as soon as等连词,还可以用一些名词

短语:every time/each time(相当于whenever),the moment/the instant/the minute(相当于as soon as),last time,next time,the day等.

e.g. Every time the weather changed, my mood also changed.每次天气一变,我的心情就会变.

e.g. Next time you come to Guangzhou, please contact me with the number.下次你来广州,请拨打这个电话号码和我联系.

及时操练: 每次我带孩子们去野餐,他们都是兴高采烈的.

王子第一眼见到公主,就神魂颠倒地爱上了她.

答: 1,Every time I take the kids to have a picnic, they are all in high spirits.

2,The moment the prince caught sight of the princess, he was head over heels in love with her.

NCE2句型宝典37

本期句型:That's all.就是这些.

锁定原文:NCE2-L60

At a village fair, I decided to visit a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky. I went into her tent and

she told me to sit down. After I had given her some money, she looked into a crystal ball and said:

'A relation of yours is coming to see you. She will be arriving this evening and intends to stay for a

few days. The moment you leave this tent, you will get a big surprise. A woman you know well

will rush towards you. She will speak to you and then she will lead you away from this place. That

is all.
' As soon as I went outside, I forgot all about Madam Bellinsky because my wife hurried

towards me. 'Where have you been hiding ' she asked impatiently. 'Your sister will be here in less

than an hour and we must be at the station to meet her. We are late already.' As she walked away, I

followed her out of the fair.

句型介绍: 这是个简单利落的结束语.

老师宣布下课或老板宣布散会时都可以说:That is all.或者还可以说Let's call it a day!(结束了.)

再看一个例子,发言人面对记者,用语谨慎地应对之后说:That is all!至于其他问题嘛,No comment!(无可奉告!)

及时操练: 母亲怀疑妹妹早恋,妹妹很坦然地说:我们只是普通朋友,就这样!

答: We are buddy friends! That's all!

NCE2句型宝典38

本期句型: By the time you read this, the Hubble's eagle eye will have sent us thousands and thousands of wonderful pictures.

锁定原文:NCE2-L61

The Hubble telescope was launched into space by NASA on April 20,1990 at a cost of over a billion dollars. Right from the start there was trouble with the Hubble. The pictures it sent us were very disappointing because its main mirror was faulty! NASA is now going to put the telescope right, so it will soon be sending up four astronauts to repair it. The shuttle Endeavour will be taking the astronauts to the Hubble. A robot-arm from the Endeavour will grab the telescope and hold it while the astronauts make the necessary repairs. Of course, the Hubble is above the earth's atmosphere, so it will soon be sending us the clearest pictures of the stars and distant galaxies that we have ever seen. The Hubble will tell us a great deal about the age and size of the universe. By the time you read this, the Hubble's eagle eye will have sent us thousands and thousands of wonderful pictures.

句型介绍: *By the time+时间状语从句(一般时态),主句(完成时态)

"by the time"表示"到......为止"

如果时间状语从句中的动作是过去的动作,则从句用一般过去时,主句用过去完成时.

如果时间状语从句中的动作是将来的动作,则从句用一般现在时(注意:不是一般将来时,

而是用一般现在时代替一般将来时),主句用将来完成时.

e.g. By the time I realized what time it was, he had already finished the work.当我意识到几点钟的时候,他已经完成了工作.

及时操练: 当你取代简的时候,她很可能已经成了总经理.

特别提示: 不仅在"by the time"后的将来动作用一般现在时代替一般将来时,在所有时间状语从句中都是如此.

答: By the time you take the place of Jane, she will have probably become the general manager.

NCE2句型宝典39

本期句型:This platform would serve as a port and a railway station.这座平台可以被用作码头和火车站.

锁定原文:NCE2-L64

In l858, a French engineer, Aime Thome de Gamond, arrived in England with a plan for a

twenty-one mile tunnel across the English Channel. He said that it would be possible to build a

platform in the centre of the Channel. This platform would serve as a port and a railway station.

The tunnel would be well-ventilated if tall chimneys were built above sea-level. In 1860, a better

plan was put forward by an Englishman, William Low. He suggested that a double railway tunnel

should be built. This would solve the problem of ventilation, for if a train entered this tunnel, it

would draw in fresh air behind it. Forty-two years later a tunnel was actually begun. If, at the time,

the British had not feared invasion, it would have been completed. Recently, there has again been

great interest in the idea of a Channel Tunnel. If it is built, it will connect Britain to Europe for the

first time in history.

句型介绍:同样的中文意思,你可能会写这么一个被动语态的句子:This platform would be used as a port and a railway station.

显然,课文中这个主动语态的句子要漂亮的多,因为它技巧性地选用了serve as这个短语. serve as是个黄金词组,表示"被当作……用",可以换作serve for.这属于典型的"用主动形式表达被动意思"的短语.多搜集这样的短语,会让你的句子更出彩.

比较下面的句子:

e.g. 当新的建筑物被修建时,大家都急切地关注着.

Everybody will be watching anxiously as the new buildings are built.

改成: Everybody will be watching anxiously as the new buildings go up.

e.g. 然而,去年机场开始投入使用了. Last year, however, it began to be used.

改成: Last year, however, it came into use.

e.g. 甚至牛也在为他感到遗憾,因为它一直同情地看着醉汉,知道他消失,才将注意力转向斗牛士.

Even the bull seemed to feel sorry for him, for it looked on sympathetically until the drunk could

not be seen before once more turning its attention to the matador.改成:

Even the bull seemed to feel sorry for him, for it looked on sympathetically until the drunk was

out of the way before once more turning its attention to the matador.

及时操练: 这个爵士乐队到处都受欢迎.

答: The jazz band catches on everywhere.

NCE2句型宝典40

本期句型:He should have known that the police would never allow this sort of thing.他本应该知

道警察是绝不会允许这类事情发生的.

锁定原文:NCE2-L65

Last Christmas, the circus owner, Jimmy Gates, decided to take some presents to a children's

hospital. Dressed up as Father Christmas and accompanied by a 'guard of honour' of six pretty

girls, he set off down the main street of the city riding a baby elephant called Jumbo. He should

have known that the police would never allow this sort of thing.
A policeman approached Jimmy

and told him he ought to have gone along a side-street as Jumbo was holding up the traffic.

Though Jimmy agreed to go at once, Jumbo refused to move. Fifteen policemen had to push very

hard to get him off the main street. The police had a difficult time, but they were most amused.

'Jumbo must weigh a few tons,' said a policeman afterwards, 'so it was fortunate that we didn't

have to carry him. Of course, we should arrest him, but as he has a good record, we shall let him

off this time.'

句型介绍: *主语+should/ought to +have +P.P.

这个句型用来表达"本应该做到,而当时没有做到".

否定式为:*主语+shouldn't/oughtn't to +have+P.P. 表达"本来不应该做,而当时却做了".

在口语中,可以简单地说:You shouldn't have!(你们不必这样!费心了!)这句话用在对别人

的满腔热情感到过意不去的时候.

及时操练: 你本不应该让你母亲失望.

答: You oughtn't to have let your mother down.

或者:You shouldn't have let your mother down.

NCE2句型宝典41

本期句型:A policeman approached Jimmy.一个警察走近了吉米.

锁定原文:NCE2-L65

句型介绍:

Last Christmas, the circus owner, Jimmy Gates, decided to take some presents to a children's

hospital. Dressed up as Father Christmas and accompanied by a 'guard of honour' of six pretty

girls, he set off down the main street of the city riding a baby elephant called Jumbo. He should

have known that the police would never allow this sort of thing. A policeman approached Jimmy

and told him he ought to have gone along a side-street as Jumbo was holding up the traffic.

Though Jimmy agreed to go at once, Jumbo refused to move. Fifteen policemen had to push very

hard to get him off the main street. The police had a difficult time, but they were most amused.

'Jumbo must weigh a few tons,' said a policeman afterwards, 'so it was fortunate that we didn't

have to carry him. Of course, we should arrest him, but as he has a good record, we shall let him

off this time.'

*主语+及物动词(易被误用为不及物动词)+宾语

这句话常有人误写为:A policeman approached to Jimmy. approach是及物动词,及物动词构成句子时直接加宾语.

符合这种情况的还有:marry,divorce,contact,salute,consult,serve,defend,avenge,inhabit等

e.g. The birds have inhabited the desolate island for centuries.几个世纪以来,这种鸟一直在这个荒凉的小岛上栖居.

e.g. He consulted the dictionary immediately.他马上去查了下字典.

及时操练: 别忘了和我联络.

答: Don't forget to contact me.

NCE2句型宝典42

本期句型:It was no use pretending that I had not seen him.装作没看见他是没有用的.

锁定原文:NCE2-L68

I crossed the street to avoid meeting him, but he saw me and came running towards me. It was no

use pretending that I had not seen him, so I waved to him.
I never enjoy meeting Bert Dykes. He

never has anything to do. No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you. I

had to think of a way of preventing him from following me around all morning.

'Hullo, Bert,' I said. 'Fancy meeting you here !'

'Hullo, Elizabeth,' Bert answered. 'I was just wondering how to spend the morning--until I saw you.

You're not busy doing anything, are you '

' No, not at all,' I answered.' I'm going to.'

'Would you mind my coming with you ' he asked, before I had finished speaking.

'Not at all,' I lied, 'but I'm going to the dentist.'

' Then I'll come with you,' he answered.' There's always plenty to read in the 'waiting room!'

句型介绍: *It is no use doing sth.

这个句型中,用动名词作真正的主语,it作形式主语.

如果be动词后面是下列词时,也由动名词作主语:no good, useless, fun, a waste of time, no harm.

e.g. It is useless crying.哭是没有用的.

e.g. It is fun playing football.踢足球很有趣.

及时操练: 网上聊天是浪费时间.

开着音乐写作业是没有好处的.

答: 1,It is no good writing your homework with music on.

2,It is a waste of time chatting on the internet.

NCE2句型宝典43

本期句型:No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you.不管你有多忙,他总是坚持要跟着你去.

I crossed the street to avoid meeting him, but he saw me and came running towards me. It was no

use pretending that I had not seen him, so I waved to him. I never enjoy meeting Bert Dykes. He

never has anything to do. No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you. I

'Hullo, Bert,' I said. 'Fancy meeting you here !'

'Hullo, Elizabeth,' Bert answered. 'I was just wondering how to spend the morning--until I saw you.

' No, not at all,' I answered.' I'm going to.. .'

' Then I'll come with you,' he answered.' There's always plenty to read in the 'waiting room!'

句型介绍: *No matter wh-+让步状语从句,主句

No matter表示"无论,不管",引导让步状语从句,No matter wh-=wh-ever

e.g. No matter who you are, I will not tell you the truth.=Whoever you are, I will not tell you the truth.

不管你是谁,我都不会告诉你事情的真相.

e.g. No matter where you go ,I will follow you.=Wherever you go, I will follow you.不管你去哪里,我都会相信你.

及时操练: 无论你什么时候看到他,他都在吃东西.

特别提示: No matter wh-与Wh-ever之间的替换关系只适用于状语从句.名词性从句(如主语从句和宾语从句)只用wh-ever来引导,这时不能与no matter wh-替换.

e.g. You are supposed to like whatever you are doing.不管你从事什么事情,你都应该喜欢它.

e.g. Whoever may come is a lucky dog.不管谁来,他(她)都是个幸运儿.

答: No matter when you see him, he is eating.

NCE2句型宝典44

本期句型: "Hello, Nigel," I said "Fancy meeting you here!""你好,奈杰儿,想不到在这里见到你."

use pretending that I had not seen him, so I waved to him. I never enjoy meeting Bert Dykes. He

'Hello, Nigel,' I said. 'Fancy meeting you here !'

'Hello, Elizabeth,' Bert answered. 'I was just wondering how to spend the morning--until I saw you.

句型介绍: *Fancy+动名词短语!

这是用fancy开头的一种有感叹意味的祈使句.表达"真想不到……"的意思,表现不相信,惊讶,震惊等情绪.

Fancy后面接动名词作宾语,动名词前面可以有逻辑主语.(关于逻辑主语,大家可以自己查查看,也可等待后两期的节目中的解释

e.g. Fancy seeing such a fantastic garden!真没想到能看见一个这样漂亮的花园!

e.g. Fancy her rushing out without a word!真没想到她一句话没说就冲了出去!

及时操练: 真没想到在中国餐馆吃了一顿法国大餐!

特别提示: 在表示惊讶的时候,可以直接简单地说: Just fancy!

Fancy that! 真没想到啊!

答: Fancy having a French feast in a Chinese restaurant!

NCE2句型宝典45

本期句型: "Hello, Elizabeth," Nigel answered. "I was just wondering how to spend the morning-until I saw you.."

"你好,伊丽莎白,"奈杰儿回答说,"我不知道怎么消磨这一上午时间呢,正好看见了你."

'Hello, Bert,' I said. 'Fancy meeting you here !'

'Hello, Elizabeth,' Nigel answered. 'I was just wondering how to spend the morning-until I saw you.

' Not at all,' I lied, 'but I'm going to the dentist.'

句型介绍: *I was just wondering + 宾语成分(问句)

在社交场合,为了让问句显得非常温和,可以在问句前面加上"I was just wondering...",并且主干和宾语都用过去时,显出说话人的修养.

e.g.在机场看见外宾,想提供帮助,与其唐突地说May I help you 不如有礼貌地问一句:I was just wondering if i could be of any help.

e.g. 在图书馆借了书之后,可以问图书管理员:I was just wondering how long I could keep the books.我想知道这些书我能借多长时间.

及时操练: 试着将下面的句子温和化

1,When will we have a rest

2,May I ask for sick leave

答: 1, I was just wondering when we would have a rest.

2,I was just wondering if I could ask for sick leave.

NCE2句型宝典46

本期句型:It was over 30 feet in length and had a 2,500 horsepower engine.它的车身长30英尺,

有一个2,500马力的发动机.

锁定原文:NCE2-L72

The great racing driver, Sir Malcolm Campbell, was the first man to drive at over 300 miles per

hour. He set up a new world record in September 1935 at Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah. Bluebird,

the car he was driving, had been specially built for him. It was over 30 feet in length and had a

2500 horse-power engine.
Although Campbell reached a speed of over 304 miles per hour, he had

great difficulty in controlling the car because a tyre burst during the first run. After his attempt,

Campbell was disappointed to learn that his average speed had been 299 miles per hour. However,

a few days later, he was told that a mistake had been made. His average speed had been 301 miles

per hour. Since that time, racing drivers have reached speeds of over 400 miles an hour. Following

his father's footsteps many years later, Sir Malcolm's son, Donald, also set up a world record. Like

his father, he was driving a car called Bluebird.

句型介绍: *主语+be+数字+in length/width/height/depth

这个句型用来描述物体的外型,依次是"长,宽,高,深".

可以用的长度单位有:inch(英寸),foot(英尺),yard(码),mile(英里),meter(米),centimeter(厘米),kilometer(公里).

其中的in length/width/height/depth可以换作long/wide/high/deep,不过前者比后者正式.

e.g. The chest is 2 meters long, 1 meter wide and 50 centimeters deep.这只箱子有2米长,1米宽,50厘米深.

表达同样意思的另一种句型是: *The length/width/height/depth of +名词+is......

e.g. The depth of the swimming pool is over 10 meters.这个游泳池有10多米深.

对一个物体的外型提问,可以用这个句型:

*What is the length/width/height/depth of+名词

e.g. What is the length and width of the road 这条路有多长,有多宽

或者是: *How much is +名词+in length/width/height/depth

e.g. How much is the river in lenght

及时操练: 艾菲尔铁塔有984英尺高.

答: Eiffel Tower is 984 feet in height.

NCE2句型宝典47

本期句型:It couldn't be better.再好不过了.

锁定原文:NCE2-L74

An ancient bus stopped by a dry river bed and a party of famous actors and actresses got off.

Dressed in dark glasses and old clothes, they had taken special precautions so that no one should

recognize them. But as they soon discovered, disguises can sometimes be too perfect.

'This is a wonderful place for a picnic,' said Gloria Gleam.

'It couldn't be better, Gloria,' Brinksley Meers agreed. 'No newspaper men, no film fans! Why don't we come more often ' Meanwhile, two other actors, Rockwall Slinger and Merlin Greeves, had carried two large food baskets to a shady spot under some trees. When they had all made themselves comfortable, a stranger appeared. He looked very angry.

'Now you gut out of here, all of you!' he shouted: ' I'm sheriff here. Do you see that notice It says" No Camping"-in case you can't read!'

'Look, sheriff, 'said Rockwall,' don't be too hard on us. I'm Rockwall Slinger and this is Merlin Greeves.'

'Oh, is it ' said the sheriff with a sneer. 'Well, I'm Brinksley Meers, and my other name is Gloria

Gleam. Now you get out of here fast!'

句型介绍: *主语+couldn't/can't+动词原形

这是表达否定推测的句型. 虽然表示推测的词有很多:must,can,may,could,might等,但表示否定推测时只能用can't和couldn't,表示不可能.

This couldn't be true.这不可能是真的.

can't have P.P.表示"不可能已经"

e.g. He can't have left, for his coat is still on the sofa.他肯定还没有离开,他的外套还在沙发上呢.

及时操练: 回忆昨晚美妙的约会,你美滋滋地说_1____

朋友建议周末去烧烤,你开心的说__2____

答: It couldn't have been better.

It couldn't be better.

NCE2句型宝典48

本期句型: But as they soon discovered, disguised can sometimes be too perfect.但他们很快就发觉,化装的效果有时过分完美了.

An ancient bus stopped by a dry river bed and a party of famous actors and actresses got off.

Dressed in dark glasses and old clothes, they had taken special precautions so that no one should

recognize them. But as they soon discovered, disguises can sometimes be too perfect.

'It couldn't be better, Gloria,' Brinksley Meers agreed. 'No newspaper men, no film fans! Why don't we come more often ' Meanwhile, two other actors, Rockwall Slinger and Merlin Greeves, had carried two large food

baskets to a shady spot under some trees. When they had all made themselves comfortable, a

stranger appeared. He looked very angry.

'Now you gut out of here, all of you!' he shouted: ' I'm sheriff here. Do you see that notice It

says" No Camping"-in case you can't read!'

'Look, sheriff, 'said Rockwall,' don't be too hard on us. I'm Rockwall Slinger and this is Merlin Greeves.'

'Oh, is it ' said the sheriff with a sneer. 'Well, I'm Brinksley Meers, and my other name is Gloria

句型介绍: *主句+which/as+引导的非限制性定语从句

这一类非限制性定语从句的特殊之处在于:它的先行词不是某一个名词,而是前面的一整句话.

He always sleeps in class, which makes me angry.他上课总是睡觉,这一点让我很懊恼.

如果用as引导这样的从句,则从句既能放句末,又能放句首.前面的课文中就有这样的句子:

e.g. Anyway, as Brian pointed out, it is the easiest thing in the world to give up smoking.不管怎么说,正如布莱恩指出的那样,戒烟是世界上最容易的事情.

及时操练:他是北方人,我们从他的口音中可以判断.

答: He comes from the north, which we may know from his accent.

NCE2句型宝典49

本期句型:"Look, sheriff, "said Rockwall, "don't be too hard on us."好了,司法官,"罗克沃克

说,"别让我们太难堪."

'It couldn't be better, Gloria,' Brinksley Meers agreed. 'No newspaper men, no film fans! Why

don't we come more often '

Meanwhile, two other actors, Rockwall Slinger and Merlin Greeves, had carried two large food

baskets to a shady spot under some trees. When they had all made themselves comfortable, a

stranger appeared. He looked very angry.

'Now you gut out of here, all of you!' he shouted: ' I'm sheriff here. Do you see that notice It

says" No Camping"-in case you can't read!'

句型介绍: Look在这里不表示"看",它只是一个语气词,用来缓和语气.

这样的语气词英文中还有很多:you see,well,er,mm,right,hmm,ok等.平时说话的时候可以用

这些词暗示语气的转换和情境的转折.

后面这句话用于为自己或为他人求饶的时候.

及时操练: 大家非要不善言辞的同事当众发言,你为他解围:_____________

答: Don't be too hard on him.

NCE2句型宝典50

本期句型:It was not long before a helicopter arrived on the scene to rescue the survivors of the plane crash.

不久以后,一架直升飞机飞抵失事现场,来搭救这几个幸存者.

锁定原文:NCE2-L75

When a light passenger plane flew off course some time ago, it crashed in the mountains and its

pilot was killed. The only passengers, a young woman and her two baby daughters, were unhurt. It

was the middle of winter. Snow lay thick on the ground. The woman knew that the nearest village

was miles away. When it grew dark, she turned a suitcase into a bed and put the children inside it,

covering them with all the clothes she could find. During the night, it got terribly cold. The

woman kept as near as she could to the children and even tried to get into the case herself, but it

was too small. Early next morning she heard planes passing overhead and wondered how she

could send a signal. Then she had an idea. She stamped out the letters' SOS' in the snow.

Fortunately, a pilot saw the signal and sent a message by radio to the nearest town. It was not long

before a helicopter arrived on the scene to rescue the survivors of the plane crash.

句型介绍: *It is not long before...

这是个很好的写作句型. it表示时间,连词before引导时间状语从句.

字面翻译是"在……之前,时间不长",意译为"不久以后……"

所以It is not long before可以替换原来我们经常写的very soon或shortly afterwards.

e.g. It was not long before Jane began her new life in another city.不久以后,简在另外一个城市开始了她的新生活.

及时操练: 不久以后,他的名字就家喻户晓了.

答: It was not long before his name became a household word.

NCE2句型宝典51

本期句型:Only on one occasion have I ever felt frightened.仅仅有一次,我感觉到害怕.

锁定原文:NCE2-L79

I used to travel by air a great deal when I was a boy. My parents, used to live in South America

and I used to fly there from Europe in the holidays. An airhostess would take charge of me and I

never had an unpleasant experience. I am used to travelling by air and only on one occasion have I

ever felt frightened.
After taking off, we were flying low over the city and slowly gaining height,

when the plane suddenly turned round and flew back to the airport. While we were waiting to land,

an air-hostess told us to keep calm and to get off the plane quietly as soon as it had touched down.

Everybody on board was worried and we were curious to find out what had happened. Later we

learnt that there was a very important person on board. The police had been told that a bomb had

been planted on the plane. After we had landed, the plane was searched thoroughly. Fortunately,

nothing was found and five hours later we were able to take off again.

句型介绍: *Only+状语+倒装语序的句子

这是英语中常见的不完全倒装语序,即将陈述句变成一般疑问句的语序.什么时候需要把一个正常语序的句子倒装以下呢

1,被only修饰的状语提前到句首时,句子需倒装.

e.g. Only on Sundays do I go shopping.

2, 否定性状语提前到句首时,句子需要倒装.

否定性状语有:little,seldom,rarely,hardly,no sooner, not until,barely等.

e.g. No sooner had I got home than he called me.我一到家,他的电话就来了.

3, 在so...that...句型中,将so+a.或so+ad.提前到句首时,句子需要倒装.

e.g. So fat is he that he can't get through the door.他太胖了,过不了这扇门.

及时操练: 我只在他面前才永远不会撒谎.

我很少在六点钟之前到家.

特别提示: 一篇漂亮的文章不会通篇一成不变的正常句式,有一两个倒装句式,会使文章立刻生动起来.

答:Only in front of him will I never tell a lie.

Rarely do I get home before 6 o'clock.

NCE2句型宝典52

本期句型:Though a little suspicious this time, the policeman gave him the same answer.虽然那位警察这次有点疑心,但还是对他做了相同的回答.

锁定原文:NCE2-L83

The former Prime Minister, Mr Wentworth Lane, was defeated in the recent elections. He is now

retiring from political life and has gone abroad. My friend, Crawley, has always been a fanatical

opponent of Mr Lane's Radical Progressive Party. After the elections, Crawley went to the former

Prime Minister's house. When he asked if Mr Lane lived there, the policeman on duty told him

that since his defeat, the ex-Prime Minister had gone abroad. On the following day, Crawley went

to the house again. The same policeman was just walking slowly past the entrance, when Crawley

asked the same question. Though a little suspicious this time, the policeman gave him the same

answer.
The day after, Crawley went to the house once more and asked exactly the same question.

This time, the policeman lost his temper.' I told you yesterday and the day before yesterday,' he

shouted, 'Mr Lane was defeated in the elections. He has retired from political life and gone to live

abroad!' ' I know,' answered Crawley,' but I love to hear you say it!'

句型介绍: *Though/As if/When/While+从句(省略式),主句

在包含让步,条件,方式和时间等状语从句的复合句中,如果从句的主语和主句的主语一致,

从句中又有be动词,则可以将从句主语和be动词一起省略.

e.g. Although (he is) rather elderly, he walks faster than young people.虽然他上了年纪,可他走起路来比年轻人还快.

e.g. The bad-tempered girl rushed out of the office as if extremely angry.这个坏脾气的女孩冲出了办公室,好像发了很大的火.

及时操练: 判断下面的句子可否将从句变成省略式.如果可以,如何省略.

1,When I am watching TV, my father was mopping the floor.

2,If the mistake is found, you will not get the full mark.

3,The beggar in rags swallowed the pudding as if he was very hungry.

答: 1,no

2,no

3,yesThe beggar in rags swallowed the pudding as if very hungry.

NCE2句型宝典53

本期句型:One is never too old to learn.活到老,学到老.

锁定原文:NCE2-L85

I have just received a letter from my old school informing me that my former head- master, Mr

Regmald Page, will be retiring next week. Pupils of the school, old and new, will be sending him a

present to mark the occasion. All those who have contributed towards the gift will sign their

names in a large album which will be sent to the headmaster's home. We shall all remember Mr

Page for his patience and understanding and for the kindly encouragement he gave us when we

went so unwillingly to school. A great many former pupils will be attending a farewell dinner in

his honour next Thursday. It is a curious coincidence that the day before his retirement, Mr Page

will have been teaching for a total of forty years. After he has retired, he will devote himself to

gardening. For him, this will be an entirely new hobby. But this does not matter, for, as he has

often remarked, one is never too old to learn.

句型介绍: *Too+形容词/副词+to do

too...to...是个否定句型,表示:太……以至于不能……,等于not+反义词+enough+to

e.g. He is too young to go to school.=He is not old enough to go to school.他太年轻了,还不到上学年龄.

本课中One is never too old to learn.字面意思是"一个人永远不会太老以至于不能学习",双重否定表示肯定,即"活到老,学到老."

相似的用双重否定表示肯定的谚语有: It's never too late to mend.亡羊补牢,为时不晚.

及时操练: 1,对他人付出爱,永远都不会太晚.

2,认错道歉永远都不会太晚.

特别提示:1,当too后面接anxious,eager,ready等一类形容词时,too...to...结构表肯定意义.

e.g. I am too anxious to see you.我很想见到你.

2,英语中可以用one或you来表示任何人.所以谚语中常出现这两个词.

e.g. One is as old as he feels.老不老,自己晓.

答: One is never too old to love.

One is never too late to apologize.

NCE2句型宝典54

本期句型: When the news got round that a comedy show would be presented at our local cinema by the P. and U. Bird Seed Company, we all rushed to see it.当"皮尤"鸟食公司将在我们当地影院演出喜剧节目的消息传出后,我们都赶紧跑去观看.

锁定原文:NCE2-L89

People will do anything to see a free show--even if it is a bad one. When the news got round that a

variety show would be presented at our local cinema by the P. and U. Bird Seed Company, we all

rushed to see it.
We had to queue for hours to get in and there must have been several hundred

people present just be- fore the show began. Unfortunately, the show was one of the dullest we

have ever seen. Those who failed to get in need not have felt disappointed as many of the artistes

who should have appeared did not come. The only funny things we heard that evening came from

the advertiser at the beginning of the programme. He was obviously very nervous and for some

minutes stood awkwardly before the microphone. As soon as he opened his mouth, everyone burst

out laughing. We all know what the poor man should have said, but what he actually said was:

'This is the Poo and Ee Seed Bird Company. Good ladies, evening and gentlemen!'

句型介绍: 这句话的同位语从句与它的先行词分开放了,因为从句太长,主句太短,所以将从句置后.

这一点和定语从句一致,都体现了英语当中的"尾重原则".

e.g. The news is now known that he comes a long way from India.大家都知道了,他是从印度远道而来的.

及时操练:

1,那本去年圣诞节他作为特殊礼物送给你的书找到了.

2,这则消息非常有意思,讲的是一个妇女在去上海的火车上生下了一对双胞胎.

特别提示: 作文中写复杂的长句时,抓住"尾重原则",就会使句子更加平衡漂亮.

答: 1, The book has been found which he gave you as a special gift last Christmas.

2, The news is interesting that a woman gave birth to twins on the train to Shanghai.

NCE2句型宝典55

本期句型:So it comes as a surprise to learn that giant fish are terrifying the divers on North Sea oil rigs.

因此,听说北海石油钻井平台上的潜水员正在受着巨型鱼类的恐吓,确实是很让人吃惊.

锁定原文:NCE2-L90

Fish and chips has always been a favourite dish in Britain, but as the oceans have been overfished, fish has become more and more expensive. So it comes as a surprise to learn that giant fish are terrifying the divers on North Sea oil

rigs. Oil rigs have to be repaired frequently and divers, who often have to work in darkness a hundred feet under water, have been frightened out of their wits by giant fish bumping into them as they work. Now they have had special cages made to protect them from these monsters. The fish are not sharks or killer whales, but favourite eating varieties like cod and skate which grow to unnatural sizes, sometimes as much as twelve feet in length. Three factors have caused these fish to grow so large: the warm water round the hot oil pipes under the sea; the plentiful supply of food thrown overboard by the crews on the rigs; the total absence of fishing boats around the oil rigs. As a result, the fish just eat and eat and grow and grow in the lovely warm water. Who eats who?

句型介绍: *It comes as a surprise + to sth./that 从句

It作形式主语,真正的主语在句末,可以是动词不定式,也可以是从句.as是"作为"的意

思.It comes as a surprise...其意相近于To our surprise,...(让人惊讶的是……),但前者更正式,很好的写作句型哦

e.g. To my disappointment, the little dog has never returned since.

It comes to me as a disappointment that the little dog has never returned since.

让我失望的是,这只小狗以后再也没有回来过.

及时操练: 让母亲满意的是,儿子自己修好了自行车.

答: It came to the mother as a satisfaction that her son had repaired the bike all by himself.

NCE2句型宝典56

本期句型:I don't think the windows need cleaning at this time of the night. 我看不必在晚上的这个时候擦窗户吧.

锁定原文:NCE2-L92

It must have been about two in the morning when I returned home. I tried to wake up my wife by

ringing the door-bell, but she was fast asleep, so I got a ladder from the shed in the garden, put it

against the wall, and began climbing towards the bedroom window. I was almost there when a

sarcastic voice below said,' I don't think the windows need cleaning at this time of the night.'

I looked down and nearly fell off the ladder when I saw a policeman. I immediately regretted

answering in the way I did, but I said, 'I enjoy cleaning windows at night.'

'So do I,' answered the policeman in the same tone. 'Excuse my interrupting you. I hate to interrupt

a man when he's busy working, but would you mind coming with me to the station '

'Well, I'd prefer to stay here,' I said. 'You see, I've forgotten my key.'

'Your what ' he called.

'My key,' I shouted.'

Fortunately, the shouting woke up my wife who opened the window just as the policeman had

started to climb towards me.

句型介绍: *否定句的主句(含think/believe/expect/surprise等动词)+肯定式的宾语从句 英语中的"否定前移"现象.

也就是在think, believe, expect, suppose, imagine, estimate 等表示"个人设想"的词引导宾语

从句的复合句中,即使否定意思在从句,也应该把否定词not提前到主句中来体现.

e.g. He doesn't believe that the share prices will collapse overnight.

当这样的句子后面附加疑问句时,如果主语是第一人称I,表达"我想/认为/相信……,是吗"很明显,不确定得疑问部分在从句,

所以疑问句同从句的主谓保持一致.

e.g. I suppose it could have been two o'clock in the morning when the story happened, couldn't it

我想故事发生的时间可能是凌晨两点钟,对不对 如果主语不是第一人称,附加疑问句则还是与主句保持一致.

He didn't expect that you would get home so early, did he

及时操练: 我认为他这部电影不会很卖座.

答: I don't think his movie will be a box-office success.

NCE2句型宝典57(完结篇)

本期句型:Whether they will ever become future Olympic champions, only time will tell. 他们将

来能否成为奥林匹克冠军,只能让时间来做出回答.

锁定原文:NCE2-L94

Experiments have proved that children can be instructed in swimming at a very early age. At a

special swimming pool in Los Angeles, children become expert at holding their breath under water

even before they can walk. Babies of two months old do not appear to be reluctant to enter the

water, It is not long before they are so accustomed to swimming that they can pick up weights

from the floor of the pool. A game that is very popular with these young swimmers is the

underwater tricycle race. Tricycles are lined up on the floor of the pool seven feet under water. The

children compete against each other to reach the other end of the pool. Many pedal their tricycles,

but most of them prefer to push or drag them. Some children can cover the whole length of the

pool without coming up for breath even once. Whether they will ever become future Olympic

champions, only time will tell.
Meanwhile, they should encourage those among us who cannot

swim five yards before they are gasping for air.

句型介绍: *whether 宾语从句,主语+谓语动词

这句话将宾语从句倒装放在句首,起强调作用,取得了意想不到的结果.

e.g. Whether he is a great man, only history will tell. 他算不算一个伟人只能由历史做出回答.

及时操练: 他是否问心无愧,只有他本人才能作出回答.

答: Whether he has a clear conscience, only himself will tell.

评分

参与人数 1鲜花 +10 收起 理由
tea + 10 好贴,加油!正是我想要的东西。太激动 ...

查看全部评分

最新评论

triumphant 发表于 2006-12-19 18:31:56
楼主辛苦了,一次发了这么多的东西,我可要看上一段时间了
tea 发表于 2006-12-20 13:40:34
好东西,正是我想要的。谢谢!
roy_duan 发表于 2006-12-20 15:09:11
应该算是新二里的精华了...整理了半天,我也得慢慢吸收了!
love12315 发表于 2007-1-17 17:22:56