(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
Graham an! You’re late!
丹,你迟到了。
Dan:Oh, well, it’s not my fault. The bus was late, and I got caught in traffic.
是的,这不是我的错。公交车晚到了,我遇到交通堵塞了。
Graham an, this is the third time this week.Why don’t you leave home earlier to avoid getting caught in traffic?
丹,这是你这个星期第3次了。为什么你不早点出门避免交通堵塞呢?
Dan:I did I did, but I was leaving and my coat got caught in the door.
我是这样做的,但是我要走的时候,我的大衣夹在门里面了。
Graham: What do you mean, your coat got caught in the door?
你的意思是,你的大衣被夹在门里面了?
Dan:I mean, I closed the door at my coat and I couldn’t pull my coat out.There, I realized I’d left my keys in the kitchen.
我是说,我关门时候关到我的大衣,但是我却拔不出来。后来,我意识到我把钥匙忘家在厨房了。
Graham:You carelessly left my keys in the kitchen?
你粗心地把钥匙忘在厨房里了?
Dan:Yes.So I called a locksmith(n.锁匠) and told him to come quickly.
是的,所以我打电话给修锁的师傅,让他快点来。
Graham:And did he come quickly?
那他很快来了吗?
Dan:He came after a while. When I got the door open, I realized the jacket was torn(adj.撕破的) and chaffed (adj.褶皱的).
他过了一会儿来了。当我将门打开的时候,我发现我的夹克已经破了,也皱巴巴的。
Graham:Well, I guess a little tearing and chaffing is normal under the circumstances.So, then what did you do?
我想一点擦破和褶皱在那种场合下是正常的。那然后你怎么做了?
Dan:I did what anyone else would do. I went to the tailor shop and got it fixed.
我做了其他人都会做的事情。我去了裁缝店,把我的衣服修好了。
Graham:Well, I guess that’s a sensible thing to do, Dan.But you’re fired.
我想这么做很明智,丹 。但是你被解雇了。
Dan:Really?
真的···? |
|