英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

民主党推动为特朗普定罪

发布者: 千缘 | 发布时间: 2021-1-23 01:18| 查看数: 53| 评论数: 0|



Ugandan opposition leader Bobi Wine's party said Sunday that

it would challenge his loss in the recent presidential election.

Wine's National Unity Party said they have evidence of ballot stuffing and other forms of election malpractice.

Uganda's election commission declared President (yare w) Yoweri Museveni the winner of the 2021 general elections Saturday.

Museveni, (was) 76, has ruled Uganda continuously since 1986.

He has dismissed claims of voting fraud in the recent election against Wine,

who is a singer-turned lawmaker.

Sunday's announcement from the opposition party came

as two people were confirmed dead in protests since the election result, according to Reuters.

Both the U.S. and Britain expressed concern over the validity of Uganda's election results.

Both nations noted the Internet blackout throughout Uganda (since the election) since before the election day.

State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagus tweeted Saturday, quote,

"We urge authorities to address such irregularities and restore communications."

On Sunday, Jake Sullivan, President-elect Joe Biden's incoming national security adviser, tweeted, quote,

"The news from Uganda is deeply concerning."

He went on, "After this flawed election, the world is watching."

Opposition Democrats are building their case for convicting President Trump in his second impeachment trial.

The lead House of Representatives prosecutor alleged that

the president's incitement of a mob at the Capitol was "the most dangerous crime" ever committed by a president.

Democratic Representative Jamie Raskin said Sunday that

the storming of the Capitol was part of President Trump's effort to dismantle and overturn Biden's election victory.

Democrats have not yet said when they will send the impeachment article to the Senate.

A spokesman for the president dismissed the effort, calling it an "impeachment hoax."

A small Islamist militant group has claimed responsibility for an attack on Turkish forces in the northwestern Syrian Idlib province.

Ansar Abu Bakr al-Siddiq Squadron said it was behind the attack Saturday.

The attack targeted a Turkish military outpost in the northern countryside of Idlib.

The extremist group said Sunday in a statement published on social media,

"The sniper platoon targeted one of the main bases of the 'Turkish NATO' military stationed near the town of Batbo," which is north of Idlib.

(Two) Three Turkish soldiers were wounded as a result of the assault, according to local media.

Indonesian rescue teams have pulled more bodies from the rubble of residential and commercial buildings toppled by last week's strong earthquake.

Via remote, I'm Liz Parker, VOA news.


最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表