开启辅助访问      

英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

讲述黑人历史的教育玩具

发布者: 千缘 | 发布时间: 2020-3-31 01:43| 查看数: 240| 评论数: 0|



It’s all about changing the narrative of black history, building leaders through the story of my ancestors.

这一切都是关于改变黑人历史的叙述,通过我祖先的故事来塑造领导者。

We produce educational toys where children can learn black history in a very fun and creative way.

我们生产的教育玩具,孩子们可以以一个非常有趣和创造性的方式学习黑人历史。

The focus really is to kind of see black history through a different lens instead of focusing on oppression and slavery.

重点是用不同的视角来看待黑人历史而不是关注压迫和奴隶制。

I don’t want that to be their first thought anymore.

我不想让这成为他们的第一个想法。

I want their first thought when people think of black history is to be resiliency and leadership.

当人们想到黑人历史时,我希望他们首先想到的是韧性和领导力。

Bevy & Dave, I named Bevy after my daughter, Beverly, and I named Dave after my brother, David.

戴维和贝维,我给贝维取了我女儿贝弗利的名字,给戴维取了我哥哥戴维的名字。

The first toy I created is the History Makers Puzzle Block Set.

我创造的第一个玩具是历史创造者拼图。

It was launched in 2016.

它于2016年推出。

We are going to put the alphabet together and not repeat the same letters.

我们要把字母表放在一起,不要重复相同的字母。

It starts for age 3+.

从3岁以上开始。

And so, with that one I didn’t want to continue the story of "A" is for Apple.

因此,不会再从“apple”开始学习“A”字母的单词。

On this History Makers Puzzle Block Set, its "A" for Appreciation. Appreciation, that’s right.

在这历史的创造者拼图上,它的“A”代表欣赏。升值,这是正确的。

And then when you turn the block, they’ll learn that it means to be thankful.

当你遇到困难的时候,他们会知道这意味着感恩。

So, it would be a word like leadership, strategy or it would be a historic figure or historic fact.

所以,它可能是一个词,比如领导力,战略或者它可能是一个历史人物或者历史事实。

"W" is for Maggi Walker where they get a chance to learn about her being the first female bank president.

“W”是为Maggi Walker准备的,在这里他们有机会了解到她是第一位女性银行总裁。

So, they get the opportunity to now experience the alphabet in a different way.

所以,他们现在有机会以不同的方式体验字母。

The second toy, I wanted to focus on inventors.

第二个玩具,我想关注发明家。

I put their faces on there purposely

我故意把他们的脸放在那里

because I wanted people and children to see who created these remarkable things were all experiencing every day.

因为我想让人们和孩子们看到是谁创造了这些每天都在经历的非凡的事情。

Frederick Jones, he invented mobile refrigeration,

弗雷德里克·琼斯发明了移动制冷

because before him we didn’t have a way to safely transport food that was perishable.

因为在他之前,我们没有办法安全运输易腐食品。

Norbert Rillieux, he invented automated sugar refining.

诺伯特·利留发明了自动制糖。

Where does this one go? Can it go here?

这个要去哪里?能放到这里吗?

I want children of other ethnic groups to also learn through the lens of that story which I’m trying to share.

我希望其他种族的孩子也能通过我想要分享的故事来学习。

Can you put the refrigerated cold truck here?

你能把冷藏车放在这里吗?

For a child to play with different toys that represent their own culture,

让孩子玩代表他们自己文化的不同玩具,

but other culture is really important especially at an early age.

但其他文化真的很重要,尤其是在孩子很小的时候。

That really creates more openness.

这确实创造了更多的开放性。

It creates understanding.

它创造了理解。

It creates more conversations for parents to have with their children about race and ethnicity.

它为父母和他们的孩子创造了更多关于种族和民族的对话。

Currently, my educational toys are used in different preschools and elementary schools in different states.

目前,我的益智玩具在不同州的不同幼儿园和小学使用。

"So what we need to do, we need to look around on each side and find.

“所以我们需要做的是,我们需要在每一边寻找。

Can you guys find the letter on each side of these cubes"

你们能在这些方块的两边找到字母吗?”

My name is Brittany Simmons.

我叫布列塔尼·西蒙斯。

I teach pre k-4 English at Sela public Charter School.

我在Sela公立特许学校教学前英语。

"So can you help us find the letter C?"

“你能帮我们找到字母C吗?”

One of the games that we play is we use the multi-functional blocks.

我们玩的一个游戏是使用多功能积木。

The more they see while they are putting them together, they see the different sides.

当他们把他们放在一起的时候,他们看到的越多,他们看到的就越多。

And it provokes a lot of questions.

这引发了很多问题。

So, we have a lot of discussions around what they see.

所以,我们有很多关于他们所看到的东西的讨论。

"Frederick M. Jones, lets finish putting it together that he invented something.

“弗雷德里克·M.琼斯,让我们把他发明的东西放在一起。

He’s on this puzzle.

他在思考这个难题。

That means he invented something"

这意味着他发明了一些东西"

They hear a lot about different inventions that were made, people in history, why they are so relevant.

他们听说了很多不同的发明,历史上的人,为什么它们如此相关。

They learn different vocabulary words.

他们学习不同的词汇

It’s definitely a conversation piece.

这绝对是一个话题。

"So these men created all of the things you see here."

“这些人创造了你的一切。”

We just have to learn to appreciate and enjoy every part of the story that everybody brings.

我们只需要学会欣赏和享受每个人带来的故事的每一部分。

And that to me is how we make the world better.

对我来说,这就是我们如何让世界变得更好。

And I hope Bevy & Dave will be a part of that. I really do.

我希望戴维和贝维也能参与其中。真的



最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表