演讲稿节选
I think we must do three things.
我认为我们必须做三件事
The first, we must prepare to accept change in stead of fighting it
首先 我们必须接受改变 而不是抗拒它
I've been afraid of changes many times
我以前很常畏惧改变
I didn't want to change school, I didn't want to change jobs
我不想换学校和工作
Let me tell you
告诉你
whenever I was afraid to do something
当我害怕做某件事时
I didn't want to change
我都不想改变
Those are by far the most depressing moments of my life
然而那些时候却是我人生中最低潮的时刻
Being afraid is not nice
害怕改变并不好
It's paralyzing
它使人无法向前
Because when you are afraid, you're afraid to fail
因为你害怕 就意味着你害怕失败
You're afraid that yeah, I would not make it to that school
你害怕没进那所学校
I would not win the scholarship
害怕不能得到奖学金
I would not be able to change up and find something else.
害怕我不能够找到更好的方案
You know. They were right. I was stupid
他们是对的 我不够聪明
I couldn't learn. I couldn't learn lalalalaal
我学不会 我学不会 等等等等等等
It's a downward spiral.
就像无底洞一样
We live in a society that stigmatizes mistakes.
我们这个社会把错误污名化
We've been living in where failure is not an option
我们认为失败不能是个选项
And that we should play safe
因此我们总是寻求安全的路
Study something that will get you a safe job
读热门科系 才能找到工作
Work for a big company, look for stability
进大企业工作以寻求稳定
But you see, in the future of great uncertainty
但是我们都知道 未来充满不确定性
Stability is the illusion of the unimaginative.
稳定根本是假象
lifelong. I think we must move away from the idea that teaching is for adults, and learning is for kids.
第二点是终身学习 我们打破「成年人就是教导,小孩就是学习」思维
Learning is a lifelong experience.
学习该是终身
And anybody can be a mentor, a teacher, or a friend to someone else, or a guide.
而且任何人都能是心灵导师 是传授知识的老师、朋友或者是指导者
In our strictly individualistic society,
在这个极度个人主义的社会
our personal success is imperative
个人的成就成了必要
So we have standardized tests
所以我们有标准化的考试
we try to get the best grades at the best school so we can get to the best university and then we can get to best job and outcompete everyone else and be successful.
我们试图考最高分进最好的学校才可以考取到最好的大学争取到最好的工作 并打败他人取得成功
But in a collaborative society your accomplishments. An accomplished individual is one that contribute the most
但在一个合作的社会成功的人应该是贡献最多的人
both of their personal development as well as that of their fellow human beings.
包括个人成就和对群体的成就
When I was at school I remember that
我记得我在学校的时候
the way I learned best was not when the teacher was talking
最好的学习方式 并不是老师在说教的时候
was when one of my classmates would come up to me and say
而是我同学过来问我说
hey how? this is how you do it ?
你是怎么做到的?
Like in five minutes we would solve something that in 2 hours of lesson that nobody understood
我们在五分钟内 解决了两个小时的课堂上没人懂的问题
and I thought why can't we just get to that
我想我们为何不像这样
Those 5 minutes of peer learning
用五分钟 透过同侪间的学习方式学习
and when I was teaching someone else
当我在教别人时
I was really testing my ability of understanding and reciprocating that
我也在考验我的理解程度以及表达能力
And also it was much more fun and engaging
而且教人真的很好玩
It was rewarding to be able to teach to someone
教别人的时候你可以看见
you can see in their eyes like there've been going like tho sfor 2 hours
他们为了这个问题搞了两个钟头
and you teach them in two minutes
你两分钟就把他们教会
and their eyes go like
他们的眼睛会像这样
yeah! I get it
哇!我懂了!
It's fun, right?
很好玩不是吗?
And we need time to experiment to make mistakes, to teach yourself, to teach others not, here's the vacuum. Imagine this idealized maybe with interesting problems
我们必须花时间去实验去犯错、教别人、也教自己也许可以透过很有趣的问题而不是 这是真空环境 假设...
no no no, real life problems
不不不 一定要真实的课题
Problems that have many solutions
问题可能有很多解决之道
maybe no optimal solutions
也许没有最理想的解法
maybe no one know what the answer is
或者说不定根本没人知道答案
maybe there are no answers. Who knows?
甚至根本没有答案 谁知道呢?
Fun and challenging problems
当你试着探索
and the process of discovery just like they were saying
有趣且具挑战的问题
"starve them, not stuff them."
就像之前的讲者说的
The speaker before me.
「让他们渴望知识 而不是塞知识给他们」
It's exactly right
非常有道理
Discovery. Learning is a process that happens when you're interested and engaged.
好的学习过程 是会让人很快乐以及非常投入的
Not when you're receiving
一直接收讯息并不代表学习
This way, you foster an innate curiosity
透过好的学习方式 会激起
that is inside all of us.
内心与生俱来的好奇心
And finally I think we must develop a stronger culture of grit
最后 我认为我们必须培养一个有毅力的文化
Grit means passion. It means perseverance. It means never giving up.
毅力的意思是热忱、持续力、永不放弃
The determination
这种决心
So many people see my success story
很多人看了我成功的故事
and they wonder what's different about me
他们好奇我有什么不一样
Am I special?
我很特别吗?
no
不是
Do I come from a rich family?
我家很有钱吗?
No
也不是
Am I some sort of genius? Nonsense, my teacher said that I was too stupid too learn
我是天才吗?当然不是!我的老师说我笨到无法学习
So what's different?
那到底哪里不一样?
It's very simple
很简单
I had somebody who believe in me
有人相信我
And I never gave up
而且我从不放弃
That's it
就这样
Studies has shown that intelligence, talent
研究显示智力、才华和社会地位
and social status have very little correlation with your long term success in life
跟你长期的成功没有太大的关联
So if you can find the person
如果你能够找到
If you can find somebody who believes in you
相信你的人
Somebody who can look at you in the eye
这位可直视你的眼睛
and tell you that you're not stupid
告诉你你不笨
you're not crazy
你并不疯狂
go for it
去做吧
THAT changes everything
那会改变所有一切
everything
完全改变
My drive has always been to fix stuff.
我很喜欢修理东西
and whenever I saw something I want to be there to fix it, or make it better
我看到任何东西都想修理它 让他变好一点
or finding it get more optimal resolutions.
或者帮它找到比较理想的办法
whenever I saw a toy or a desk and bicycle
无论是玩具、书桌或脚踏车
or the school or politics in Italy.
无论是意大利的学校还是政治
I want to fix everything
无论是什么
didn't matter what it was
我都想修理
couldn't help it
没办法
and when I was twelve I saw this thing, this computer
我十二岁的时候我看到计算机
which I could program myself
发现可以写程序
and it will do stuff for me
来帮我做事
and I was like holy cow
我那时觉得天呀!
this is amazing
这太神奇了
Seriously, I didn't have any money
我根本没钱
I didn't have any resources, I don't have any budget
没有资源或预算
But suddenly, I could solve humongous problems
但突然间这么庞杂的问题
that used to required thousands of people
以前需要很多人去解决
just by myself
竟然我自己就可以搞定
the only thing I needed was
而我只需要的只是决心
determination, passion, interest, and patience. lots of patience.
热忱、兴趣、以及许多许多的耐心
but then
接着
when I found a community of activists, of hackers, of makers
我看到社会运动的份子 甚至黑客
people who challenge me, people who inspire me
他们挑战我、激励我
everything got so much better, so much faster, so much quicker
所有的东西都变得更好、更快
and so much more interesting and engaging.
而且更有趣
It increased my range, in orders of magnitude
拓展我的视野
and we need to foster our creativity.
我们需要激发的创造力
I think that has a lot to do with mentorship
而我认为这与心灵导师有很大的关系
with guidance
协助指引
First I had my parents who believed in me
一开始我有父母相信我
And then, my school, the college
接下来是学校和大学
and then countless other people to which
以及许多人
I owe everything
我欠这些人
everything that I am now
我现在拥有的一切
there are many people here on the stage
你可以看见
you can see them
好多人在这舞台上
not crazy, I don't really see them
我还没疯 当然这些人不是真的在我身旁
but you know what I mean
不过你懂我的意思
I am standing on their shoulders
我站在这些巨人的肩膀上
If it hadn't been for them, I would not be here now
若非他们 我今天不会站在这
talking to you
和你们讲话
and technology is now making this process easier, more skills available than ever.
而科技让资源变得比以前更容易取得
Because your mentor doesn't have to be in the same village, doesn't have to be in the same town
你的心灵导师不必和你来自同一个城镇
or even the same country
不必来自同一个国家
doesn't even have to speak the same language
甚至不需要说同一种语言
we can't forget that only 6% of the world speak English natively
别忘了世界上以英语为母语的人只有6%
and 73% of the world doesn't understand any English
还有73%的人一点英文都不懂
But now technology is taking down all these barriers.
今日的科技打破了这些藩篱
For the first time in human history
这是人类史上第一次
we have the technological tools to bring about a revolution in education
可以利用科技革命教育
But it won't come by itself
但革命不会自己发生
We need people too
革命需要人来推动
and also we need the right mindset
也需要对的心态
以上内容来自网络,版权归相关权利人所有。侵权请留言告知。我们将立即删除。
|
上一篇: 【公开课】不要给自己人生设限 !下一篇: 【公开课】我们是用胃思考的动物
|