英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫描二维码登录本站

快速提高英语水平本广告位招租

社区广播台

查看: 155|回复: 0
收起左侧

【词汇】老外最常用的10个英语习语

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-10-17 02:12:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式




1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。

You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了宗旨,我的教师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!

2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。

Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.

假如你先保存秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会十分棒的!

3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发作,不论其是好是坏。

I'm going to just try out for the cheer leading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

不论结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。

4.Lose your marbles:变得张狂。

Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!

5.Once in a blue moon: 稀有的。

In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是十分稀有的。

6.Plain as day: 清楚明了的。

It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.

清楚明了你已经爱上她了,承认吧。

7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。

I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

我真是厌烦落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!

8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。

Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。

9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。

Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。

10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。

She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她抑郁不已。



上一篇:【词汇】Layout & Composition
下一篇:【词汇】“两边不讨好”用英语怎么说?
[发帖际遇]: 千缘 乐于助人,奖励 1 朵 鲜花. 幸运榜 / 衰神榜
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

随便看看 精彩图片 帖子导读 联系管理
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表