注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

王兴:中国社交网站先锋

发布者: tlsd001 | 发布时间: 2011-11-10 17:38| 查看数: 1323| 评论数: 0|

1.thumb.middle.jpg Internet

Wangxing

WANG Xing finally found a few minutes to sit down at a sandwich shop, after four rounds of scheduling and rescheduling. When asked about the store`s location, he said: "Google it."

经过4轮日程安排确认后,王兴终于有时间在一家快餐店接受我们的采访。当问到快餐店的地址时,他给出的回复是:“谷歌一下。”

That`s Wang - rather than giving you a ready answer, he prefers to show you the method.

这就是王兴--与其授人以鱼,他更喜欢授人以渔。

Wang, 31, the founder of six websites including Xiaonei.com, has been a cutting-edge figure in the development of social networking sites (SNS) for seven years.

31岁的王兴是6家网站的创始人,其中包括校内网。7年来,他已经成为社交网站发展道路上的一名前沿人物。

He quit his doctorate program in University of Delaware in the US in 2003 to return to China to start his own career.

2003年,他放弃了美国特拉华大学的博士学位,回国开展自己的事业。

"SNS had been changing the way we spread information," Wang recalls. "It was influencing people`s consumption habits and their way of thinking. I was very excited to join this exciting and meaningful process."

“那时,社交网站已经改变了我们传播信息的方式,”王兴回忆说。“它正在影响人们的消费习惯和思维方式。我很想加入到这个令人兴奋的、意义非凡的过程中去。”

Meaningful, exciting and profitable. These are Wang`s criteria when he created Xiaonei and Fanfou.com, a mini blog website.

有意义、够刺激、能赢利。这就是王兴创建校内网和微博网站饭否网时的标准。

The sites have become popular in China. But many people point out that they appear to be simple copycats of sites created in the West.

如今,这些网站已经风靡中国。但也有不不少人指出,它们只是西方网站的简单模仿。

Xiaonei is called the "Chinese Facebook" and Fanfou is often deemed a "pirated Twitter". Meituan.com, the website Wang started up in March, borrows a lot from Groupon, a US website offering daily deals at low prices through group buying.

校内网被称为“中国人的Facebook”,而饭否网则常被认为是“Twitter的盗版”。今年3月,王兴创建了团购网站美团网,参考美国groupon.com的团购网站,每天推出一单精品消费,网友能够以低廉的价格进行团购。

Wang doesn`t deny taking inspiration from Western sites.

关于通过西方网站获取灵感一事,王兴并不否认。

"It`s not shameful to learn from successful models," Wang says. "Isn`t it good for us to import it and make it suitable for Chinese users?"

“从成功案例中吸取经验一点儿也不可耻,”王兴说。“引进这些想法并将其改变成适合中国用户的模式,这难道不好么?”

Ideas are out there and the resources needed to launch new websites are few. After Wang`s success, many similar websites sprang up.

创意有了,但创建新网站所需的资源却少之又少。王兴事业成功之后,很多类似的网站便如雨后春笋般涌现出来。

"I am never afraid of competition," he says. "But the key to winning is always providing better service."

“我从不惧怕竞争,”他说。“但是,取胜的关键在于提供优质服务。”

Wang works hard to make sure his sites remain relevant and high-quality.

为了保证网站的专业水准和高质量,王兴下了很大的功夫。

His hard work hasn`t always paid off. He sold Xiaonei for a meager $2 million (14 million yuan) to Oak Pacific Interactive in 2006, whose CEO predicted recently that it will have a market capitalization of billions of yuan within three years.

然而,并不是所有的付出都得到了回报。2006年,他以200万美元(1400万元)的价格将校内网出售给千橡集团。不久前,千橡集团CEO今日 预测,3年内校内网的市值将达到上亿元。

"We were deep in debt at that time," Wang remembers. "I had no choice."

“那时,我们严重负债,”王兴回忆说,“我别无选择。”

The deal was heartbreaking for Wang.

这项交易令王兴越想越伤心。

"When I saw my staff packing things up on the last day, I was so sad," he says. "The pain was like breaking up with a dear girlfriend."

“最后那天,看到自己的员工整理文件,我十分难过,”他说。“那种伤痛就好像和挚爱的女友分手一样。”

He gathered the courage to launch Fanfou in 2007. That, too, ran into trouble and was closed down last July. Government officials said the company had violated rules. Wang tried to negotiate a solution, but to no avail. He calls it the lowest point in his career.

2007年,他一鼓作气创建了饭否网。不幸的是,该网站也遭遇困境,并于去年7月关闭。政府官员称该公司违反规定。王兴曾试图协商解决问题,但最终都以失败告终。在他看来,那段时间是他事业的低谷。

Once again, he would have to start from scratch. He took a half a year off and traveled to Cambodia to contemplate his future. He returned energized, and quickly launched Meituan.

又一次,他要白手起家了。他给自己放了半年假,去柬埔寨旅游,思考自己的将来。回国后的他恢复了以往的精力充沛,并迅速创建了团购网站美团网。

This is his sixth venture. Media have been abuzz speculating on his latest creation. Is he nervous?

这是他第六次冒险。各大媒体对这个新网站众说纷纭。他是否感到紧张不安呢?

"Just like standing on the free throw line in an important game, if you think about your teammates and the audience, you`ll never make the shot," Wang says. "The only thing you need to focus on is yourself."

“就像在一场重要的比赛中站在罚球线上一样,若总想着队友和观众,你永远也不会射中,”王兴说。“你所要关注的只有自己。”

Wang realizes the market will decide his site`s future.

王兴认识到市场将决定网站的将来。

"The ratio of failure is very high for young entrepreneurs," he admits. "But you`ll never make it in the future if you never take that first step. The best way to predict the future is by creating it."

“对年轻企业家们来说,失败的几率非常高,”他承认。“但如果不踏出第一步,你永远也不能成功。预言未来的最好方法就是创造未来。”

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表