找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

苹果全新MacBook价高质更精

发布者: chrislau2001 | 发布时间: 2008-11-5 17:09| 查看数: 1869| 评论数: 1|

Apple Polishes Popular MacBook For A Higher Price

Apple's MacBook laptop, the company's low-end portable computer aimed at average consumers, isn't just any old product. It's the best-selling Macintosh in history, at a time when Mac sales are growing much faster than sales of PCs in the U.S. overall. And, according to the sales-research organization NPD Group, the midrange model of the MacBook has been the single best-selling laptop of any brand in U.S. retail stores for the past five months.

So, when Apple completely revamped the design of the MacBook last week, it was a big deal, not only for Mac die-hards, but for anyone shopping for an everyday laptop.

I've been testing the base model of the new MacBook for the past five days, and I like it a lot, despite a few downsides. I found this new MacBook to be speedy, solid, innovative, and comfortable to use, with very good battery life.

The new model sports a sturdy aluminum case, instead of the old plastic one, and looks gorgeous. And it even seemed to run cooler than earlier Apple aluminum laptops. It's 10% lighter, at 4.5 pounds, and 12% thinner, at 0.95 inch, than its predecessor, and continues to include a built-in DVD drive. Its processor is slower, yet it has good performance because of much faster graphics, and it also offers a far brighter screen in the same 13.3-inch size. But it still gets strong battery life -- slightly better in fact than the older model, in my tests.

Plus, the new MacBook includes a huge, innovative glass track pad that functions as a combination of a traditional track pad and the multitouch screen of an iPhone. This track pad allows all sorts of fingertip gestures you can use to navigate Web pages, manipulate photos, and switch among programs.

In another radical step, Apple eliminated the button below the track pad. When you want to perform a mouse click, you just depress the entire track pad. The whole thing is a big button, which can act as either the left or right button on a traditional mouse, and which allows easy, smooth scrolling.

Like all current Macs, the new MacBooks come with Apple's Leopard operating system, which I consider superior to Windows. But the new MacBooks can run Windows as well. In my tests, the new model ran Windows XP beautifully. I was able to run such Windows-only programs as Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Outlook right along with my Mac software, at snappy speeds. It can also run Windows Vista.

The cheaper of the two new versions comes with an adequate 160-gigabyte hard disk, though larger disks are available, and two gigabytes of memory, which is plenty for a consumer Mac.

On my tough battery test, where I turn off all power-saving features and play an endless loop of music, the new MacBook lasted three hours and 53 minutes -- six minutes longer than the old one. That suggests that, in normal use, with power-saving on, you could achieve Apple's claim of five hours of battery life, or come close.

There are some drawbacks, of course. The cheapest of the new models costs $1,299, $200 more than the cheapest of the old models. Though that's the same price as the most popular of the older models, and you get more for your money, the swooning economy may make that price tag tougher for some families to swallow. As a hedge against this, Apple will continue to sell the base model of the old MacBook, at $999.

Another downside to the new MacBook is that the radical new glass track pad will take some time to get used to. At first, I found its surface so slippery that I had trouble accurately placing the cursor on the item I wanted to select. But three other people I asked to test this had no such trouble, and my own woes with this disappeared after a few days, either because I got more used to it, or because the surface picked up enough dirt to become less slick.

It also takes a while to adapt to the lack of a button. For left-clicking, you press the whole track pad with one finger. For right-clicking, you press down with two fingers, or you can set an option to perform right-clicking with one finger by pressing on one of the lower corners of the track pad. You can also optionally use light tapping instead of clicking, a common option on other laptops.

In addition, the model's bright LED screen comes in only a glossy finish, which some folks hate because it displays more glare and fingerprints than the old matte screens.

Apple still stubbornly refuses to incorporate a slot for the flash memory cards commonly used in cameras and cellphones. And the new model omits the FireWire port, which some consumers used to connect older camcorders and certain external hard disks. The new model uses a common Ethernet networking cable instead of FireWire to transfer all your files and programs from an older Mac, a process I found worked perfectly.

All in all, though, Apple's new MacBook is a terrific choice for consumers and students, if you can handle the $1,299 price.

最新评论

chrislau2001 发表于 2008-11-5 17:09:32

果公司(Apple)针对普通消费者推出的低端便携式电脑MacBook不仅仅是一款上市已久的老产品,它是历史上最为畅销的Macintosh,当时Mac的销量增长要远远高于美国个人电脑的整体水平。此外,销量研究机构NPD Group的资料显示,过去5个月,MacBook的中档机型一直是美国零售商店最为畅销的笔记本电脑。

因此,对于Mac的忠实追随者,甚至是任何购买家用笔记本电脑的消费者而言,10月中旬苹果推出全新MacBook系列绝非只是一件小事。

登录/注册后可看大图

Apple

过去一周,我一直在测试新一代MacBook的基本款,尽管它还存在一些缺憾,但是总体而言我非常喜欢。我发现新一代MacBook速度很快,性能可靠,充满创新元素,使用起来很舒服,电池寿命也很长。

新款MacBook以整块铝合金材质一体成型,取代了原有的塑料外壳,外观优美。它甚至比苹果之前的铝工艺笔记本电脑还要酷。与旧款相比,新一代MacBook轻了10%,重量只有4.5磅;薄了12%,厚度只有0.95英寸,而且仍然采用了内置DVD驱动器。中央处理器的速度较慢,但是由于采用了速度更快的显卡,其性能反而更加可靠。与现有的13.3英寸笔记本电脑相比,新一代MacBook的显示器更加明亮。不过,电池续航时间还是很长,根据我的测试,实际上比旧款还要稍微长一些。

另外,新款MacBook大胆创新,采用了玻璃质感的超大触控板,是传统触控板和iPhone多点触摸屏的完美结合。触控板可以捕捉用户的各种手指指令──浏览网页、处理图片或者切换程序。

不仅如此,苹果还大胆摒弃了触控板下方的按钮。当你希望进行鼠标点击的时候,只要按压整个触控板即可。新款设计实际上就是一个大按钮,可以充当传统鼠标的左右键,并且还可以轻松顺畅地进行屏幕滚动操作。

象所有的Mac电脑一样,新款MacBook采用了苹果的Leopard操作系统,我一直认为它的性能比Windows更为卓越。不过,新款MacBook也能运行Windows。在我的测试中,新款MacBook在运行Windows XP的时候非常顺畅。我甚至还可以同时运行微软公司(Microsoft)的Internet Explorer和Outlook等Windows程序以及Mac软件,而且速度很快。新款MacBook还可以运行Windows Vista。

新一代MacBook推出了两个型号,其中价位较低的一款配置了160G硬盘,2G内存,对于普通消费者来说已经足够了。当然,你也可以选择容量更大的硬盘。

我对电池续航时间的测试非常严格。我关掉了所有的节电功能,不间断循环播放音乐,在这种情况下,新款MacBook能够持续运行3小时53分钟──比旧款长6分钟。这表明,在正常使用情况下,开启节电模式,你可以实现苹果宣称的5小时电池续航时间,或者接近这个水平。

当然,新款MacBook也有一些不足之处。最便宜的型号售价也要1,299美元,比上一代贵200美元。虽然这个价位与上一代最畅销的型号相同,而且从性价比来看,也确实物有所值,但是考虑到眼下低迷的经济状况,一些家庭不一定有能力负得起这个价格。有鉴于此,苹果将继续以999美元的价格出售老一代MacBook的基本款。

新款MacBook的另一个缺点是:用户可能需要一些时间适应大胆创新的玻璃质感触控板。开始的时候,我发现其表面太光滑了,以致于我无法准确地把光标定格在我想选择的地方。不过,跟我一起测试的其他3个人在这方面没有遇到麻烦,而我对它的“不适症状”在几天后也都消失了,或者是因为我对它已经习以为常了,或者是因为触控板的表面沾染了足够的灰尘变得没那么滑了。

没有鼠标按钮的设计,也让我花了一些时间才适应起来。如果要点击左键,你需要用一个手指按压整个触控板。如果要点击右键,你需要使用两个手指按压,或者你可以自行设置,通过按压触控板的左下角或者右下角,实现单指点击右键。你还可以选择使用光感应,而不是点击,这是其它笔记本电脑很常见的选项。

此外,新款MacBook明亮的LED显示屏采用了边到边的镜面玻璃,一些用户很不喜欢这点,比起原来的哑光显示屏,它反光很厉害,容易留下指纹。

苹果仍然坚持拒不配置照相机和手机常用的闪存卡接口。新款MacBook也没有配置FireWire接口,一些消费者会用这类接口来连接老式可携式摄像机和外接硬盘。相反,它使用的是常见的Ethernet网络电缆,用户可以通过它来转移旧款Mac电脑上的所有的文件和程序,我发现整个过程非常流畅完美。

总之,苹果新一代MacBook是消费者和学生的上佳选择,前提是只要你能接受1,299美元的售价。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表