英语家园

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

复旦黄山门”:学子醒悟哀悼遇难英雄

发布者: smile* | 发布时间: 2010-12-24 16:07| 查看数: 1417| 评论数: 0|

复旦十八学子黄山探险不慎迷路,安徽民警前往救援意外牺牲。该事件发生后,公众纷纷质疑登山队员 “冷血(cold-blooded)”而复旦学子们又对此事作何反应呢?让我们一起来看看吧。

分享到:

百度空间

开心网

豆瓣

QQ空间

人人

新浪微博

放大这张图片

Internet

复旦学子悼念牺牲民警张宁海

CASIO辞海拾贝

indifference冷漠、不关心、不在乎
aloof (from)冷淡、淡漠、疏远
(turn, give) cold shoulder冷遇,怠慢
apathy冷淡,冷漠
crisis危机
gratitude感恩
guilty愧疚的
glare怒目而视
hike远足
mourn哀悼
naive天真的
ferocious十分强烈的
remorse自责
stray迷路
technicality技术细节
unleash释放

A memorial ceremony was held at Fudan University last week to mourn the loss of Anhui policeman Zhang Ninghai.

上周,复旦大学举行追悼仪式,对安徽民警张宁海的牺牲表示深深哀悼。

Zhang died while rescuing a team of 18 mountain climbers, most from Fudan University, who strayed into a restricted zone on December 13 at the Huangshan Mountain.

12月13日,一支由18名登山爱好者,大多为复旦大学学生组成的登山队不慎误闯黄山尚未对外开放的区域而被困。民警张宁海在救援过程中不幸身亡。

To Tang Qingwei, a 22-year-old Fudan University senior who was one of the organizers of the hike, last week was a life lesson.

22岁的复旦大四学生唐清威是此次登山探险活动的组织者之一,对他而言,上周的事件可谓是一生的教训。

In an interview with the China Youth Daily, Tang admitted that the students panicked in the face of questions from swarms of reporters and ended up saying nothing to the press the day they left the mountain.

在接受《中国青年报》采访时,唐清威承认离开黄山那天他们确实向媒体保持沉默,因为蜂拥而来的记者质疑不断让他们惊慌失措。

The students left the group of bewildered journalists behind as they got into a van, slammed the door shut behind them, and went on their way back to Shanghai, according to the Oriental Morning Post. The students’ lack of remorse for the loss of life unleashed a torrent of criticism.

据《东方早报》报道,学生们丢下困惑的记者,钻进车内,“砰”地把身后的车门关上,然后起行返回上海。学生对牺牲民警的冷漠引起社会各界的指责。

Meanwhile, Tang said that he still clung to the thought that the tragedy was merely an accident. And he tried to put out a report of the incident to prove it.

同时,唐清威仍坚持认为这次悲剧只不过是一个意外。他还试图发表一篇有关该事故的报告来证明这一点。

“I chose to avoid our responsibility to admit our wrongdoing,” said Tang. “Instead, I tried to make a defense about technicalities, which now I think was very naive.”

唐清威说:“之前我们逃避责任,不承认是自己的过失,而把责任归咎为技术问题,现在我觉得这真的很幼稚。”。

In a post on an online community the rescued students discussed how to handle the media and PR crisis rather than feeling guilty about their behavior.

而有人在某社区论坛上发帖称,获救学生们并没有对自己的行为而感到愧疚,反而在讨论如何应付媒体,如何度过公关危机。

This made matters even worse and triggered more anger at the students’ “indifference”.

这使得事态更加恶化,引发了更多指责学生“太冷血”的愤怒声讨。

Phrases such as “lack of gratitude” and “giving the cold shoulder” were used in news headlines to describe the Fudan students’ behavior. Tang lost sleep over personal attacks on his social networking site.

一些新闻标题使用类似“不懂感恩”、“冷血”这样的措词,来形容复旦学生的行为。唐清威在自己的社交网站上遭到人身攻击,这使得让他夜不能寐。

According to the China Youth Daily, one of Zhang’s relatives called him and told him that Zhang’s parents didn’t blame the students for the loss of their son. But Tang was told that they should step up to say something for the sake of the dead policeman and his family.

据《中国青年报》报道,张宁海的一位亲戚给唐清威打了电话,说尽管张的父母并没有因为失去儿子而责怪他们,但他们也应该向张和其家人做一些表态。

Tang wept after hanging up the phone. Now he was fully aware that it was their behavior, accidental or not, which led to Zhang’s death.

通话结束后,唐清威哭了。现在,他充分地意识到无论此事是否属于意外,都是他们的行为导致了张的牺牲。

“We have to face it; there is no escape,” said Tang.

唐清威说:“我们必须面对,不能逃避。”

Tang went back to Anhui to attend Zhang’s funeral and got on his knees in front of the parents who had lost their son.

唐清威返回安徽参加了张宁海的追悼会,并跪倒在刚刚经历丧子之痛的张家父母面前。

Over the weekend, Tang and his teammates wrote letters of apology online. The once ferocious media changed its tone and expressed more understanding and support.

周末,唐清威和其队友在网上发表了道歉信。之前言辞激烈的媒体也改变了语气,表现出更多的理解和支持。

According to the Beijing Youth Daily, the public was disappointed at first because the students didn’t give a timely response to being rescued.

《北京青年报》称,最初大家感到心寒是因为学生们没有对自己的获救做出及时的反应。

Now in the glare of publicity the students can step forward and face criticism, which would be a valuable lesson for them in the future.

现在,在公众的密切关注下,学生们能够站出来接受批评,这对他们来而言,将具有深远的教育意义。

Having been through all this, Tang said that he is not afraid any more. “Now I feel relieved that I am taking responsibility for my actions,” said Tang.

在经历这一切以后,唐清威表示他再也不害怕了。他说:“现在我觉得很轻松,我在为自己的行为负责。”

According to an article on his social networking site, Tang and his teammates have decided to raise funds for police officer Zhang’s parents. They will plan to set up scholarships at the school where Zhang was enrolled.

在个人社交网站上,唐清威发表了一篇日志称,他和队友们决定集资赡养张宁海的父母,还计划在张宁海曾就读过的学校设立张宁海奖学金。

“Zhang’s parents lost a son. Now they will have 18 sons and daughters,” said Tang.

唐清威说:“虽然张海宁的爸妈失去了一个儿子,现在他们有我们这18位儿女。”

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表