找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

Don't listen ——切勿聆听

发布者: yingy1ng | 发布时间: 2010-9-10 17:28| 查看数: 1491| 评论数: 0|

My favorite pastime is swinging on a swing. Preferably at night when no one can see or find me, being my only means of escape from the tortures of a large family. (Some people climb onto the roof when they need to be alone, I swing.) My swing set is in the backyard of our old house underneath a huge tree that I climb during the day. The yard is covered in bushes, fruit trees, and horse pastures. It's a very beautiful little place with light, but at night it's very quiet and rather morbid with its antique design. (My house was built in the early 1900s). So all in all, I have a dark and sinister looking house on my right, a horse pasture with a looming tree on my left, and an enormous pine tree that grows higher than any house on the street with a failing street lamp glowing between it's drooping branches. Our yard is a labyrinth!

我最喜欢的消遣方式是荡秋千。尤其是晚上,因为那时没人能看到或找到我,这是我逃避身处大家族的煎熬的唯一途径。(有些人想独处的时候会爬到屋顶上,而我选择荡秋千。)我的秋千架在我家老房子后院的一棵大树下,白天我会爬到那棵大树上。院子里满是灌木丛、果树和喂马的草地,有亮光的时候这里很漂亮,但到了晚上,万籁俱寂,加上这里旧式的设计风格,让人感觉很恐怖(我家的房子是20世纪初建的)。总而言之,到了晚上,我右边是个看上去很凶险的房子,左边的喂马草地上有个阴森森的隐约的树影,再加上一棵比街上所有房屋都高的松树,松树低垂的枝干间有盏破烂的路灯闪着光。我家的院子简直就是个迷宫!

It was 3:00 am; I had woken up as usual with no particular reason besides the fact that I couldn't sleep for another minute without getting some energy out. I threw off the covers, put on a pair of pajama pants, and made my way out the backdoor and around all the bushes. I had just sat down on my swing, taking a quick look around to make sure that none of the lights in the house had turned on, when I heard the horse in the pasture on my left. I watched him run off to the other side of the pasture and stare back at me, clearly spooked, but I decided it was because I had started to swing and he wasn't expecting anyone to be there.

凌晨3:00钟我又像往常一样醒了,没什么特别原因,只是如果我不消耗点精力的话,就无法再入睡了。我掀开被子,穿上睡裤,走出后门然后穿过灌木丛。我飞快地扫了一眼周围,确认房子里没亮着灯,便坐在秋千上,刚坐下便听到左边草地上的马的声响。我看着它跑向草场的另一头,然后回头盯着我,很明显它是受到了惊吓。我想那是因为我开始荡秋千,而它没想到秋千处会有人。

I was a little nervous none-the-less because the fact that the horse was there every night meant that no scary specters were hanging about. (My house has a history of ghosts and I tend to ignore anything I find suspicious) I depend very heavily on animal's sixth sense because they are so much more in tune than I am. In fact, I couldn't even find my cat that night either, another reason to be paranoid. But of course I ignored it not wanting to provoke the spirits or anything.

但我还是有点紧张,因为马每天都在那,这说明周围没有吓人的幽灵在四处游荡。(我家的房子曾闹过鬼,所以每当我发现什么可疑之物时,就会刻意忽略。)我非常相信动物的第六感,因为那要比我自己的要灵敏得多。实际上当晚我怎么也找不到我的猫,这又是一个足以让我胡思乱想的理由。但我可不想把鬼魂之类的东西引出来,便故意忽视它。

Soon, the street lamp flickered out. I stared at the pine tree ahead of me in alarm; very worried that my only light source had just flashed out, when I saw some movement by the side of the house. A human form was jumping between the shadows on the house's side. It looked like a shadow itself, as though someone was running through the pasture right next to me. I didn't like this, considering that I obviously don't want to see the ghosts because I ignore them constantly, so I slammed my feet into the ground. I stopped faster than I thought I would and nearly fell over, I grabbed the side of the swing set and spun around to face the back pasture. The red fence that surrounded that one was covered with shadows, and yet another shadowy form jumped between its patches of black. I felt someone watching me from behind and quickly picked up pace to get inside.

不多时,路灯开始一闪一闪。我警觉地看着前面的松树,担心自己唯一的光源也灭了,忽然发现房子边上有动静。有个人在房子边的阴影间跳来跳去。那人本身看上去就像是影子,看起来仿佛正从我旁边的草地上跑过去。鉴于我常常故意忽视鬼魂的存在,很显然我可不愿见到他们,所以我赶紧跳到地上。由于停得太快,我差点跌到,我抓住秋千的一边转过身看向草地。黑暗笼罩了草地周围的红篱笆,但在草场的斑斑黑影中还有另一个人影在跳来跳去。我觉得身后有人在盯着我看,便加快脚步走回屋子里。

I reached my door, flicked on the porch light and immediately felt relieved. I took a moment to collect myself and blamed all of the incidents on my fear of the dark. However, before going inside I wanted to get my cat and have him sleep with me so that I wasn't alone. Facing my door and not the dark shapes of the yards bushes and trees behind me I called to him. "Kitty Kitty Kitty!" I waited, and felt a pang of fear when my calls echoed back. My cat is usually in hearing distance and never takes long to come. Again, I ignored my fear and called again. This time I got an answer. "Come 'ere Baby!" and right behind me, as though the man was standing right there.... a deep, commanding voice said....

"Yes, come here!"

我伸手触到门,吧嗒一声把门廊上的灯打开,立刻感觉松了一口气。我略微镇定了一下,把所有这些事都归咎于我的怕黑。但是,进屋之前我得先找到猫,让它和我一起睡,这样我就不是孤零零一个人了。我面向门,背对场院里那些矮树丛和大树的黑影,开始叫它“咪咪,咪咪,咪咪!”我等了一会却只听到自己的回音,顿时感到一阵恐惧。我的猫一般不会离得太远,我一叫它很快就会回来。我再次忽略恐惧,又叫了一次猫咪。这次我听到了一声回答“到这来,宝贝!”声音就从我身后传来,好像他就站在我身后……他用低沉的命令口吻的声音说:

“是的,到这来!”

I spun around, ready to take on what I thought was my brother, but there was nothing. I spun in circles twice before giving into fear. I backed up to the door, desperate to have my cat come and let me know that everything was okay.

"KITTY!! KITTY!! Come HERE Kitty!!" again, the man in front of me this time, is trying to coax me out into the yard, into the dark....

"Yes, come HERE!!"

I almost ran right inside, but was afraid to turn my back on the voice. I stared at nothing for an eternity before my cat streaked up and nestled between my quaking legs, looking stiff and ready for attack. He was glaring at precisely the same place that the voice seemed to be coming from. I allowed him to watch my back as I turned to open the door, I scooped him up, turned off the light, slammed and locked the door, then ran into my bedroom where my cat relaxed and curled up in the crook of my arm as I fell back to sleep.

I leave the porch light on every night now, so that when the street lamp goes out, (which is has only done twice since the first experience) I can run to the light and not have to wade through pitch-black shadow to find my way inside.

我以为是我哥哥,转过身却发现身后什么也没有。我连续转了两圈,还是什么也没看到,我觉得很害怕。我靠在门上,急切得想把猫叫回来,好确定它平安无事。“猫咪,猫咪,猫咪快来!!”这次那声音从我前方传来,试图把我引到场院的黑暗中去……

“是的,到这里来!!”

我几欲跑进屋,但又不敢背对那声音发出的地方。我瞪着空荡荡的场院很长时间,然后我的猫飞跑过来靠在我瑟瑟发抖的腿边,僵直身子做好攻击的准备。它直直得瞪着声音传来的地方。猫盯着我背后,我转过身打开门,然后赶紧抱起它,把走廊灯关掉,最后用力将门关上并锁好。我跑回卧室,猫放松下来躺在我的臂弯里,我也躺下睡着了。

现在我每晚都把走廊灯开着,这样如果路灯灭了(那晚之后又灭过两次),我就可以直接跑到有灯光的地方,不必再在漆黑的阴影中摸索回屋的路了。

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表