开启辅助访问      

英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

新英语900句第三十七课情景对话

发布者: kevin520 | 发布时间: 2010-7-4 02:36| 查看数: 4631| 评论数: 4|

本帖最后由 anneqin 于 2010-8-29 19:57 编辑

新英语900句第三十七课情景对话



DIALOGUE1

A:What are you doing this afternoon?

你今天下午要干什么?

B:I’m going to buy a gift for my dad. It’s his birthday next week.

我打算给我爸爸买件礼物,下星期他生日。

A:Oh. That’s nice. What are you getting him?

噢!那好啊。你打算买什么给他呢?

B:I’m not sure. He likes fishing. So I was going to a sports store.

我还不知道,他喜欢钓鱼,所以我打算去体育用品商店转转。

A:You’re just going to look around today?

你今天只是去看一看吗?

B:That might give me some ideas. If I see something good I’ll buy it.

看一看可能会使我有些主意,如果我看到合适的东西,我就会买下来。

A:Your dad doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who likes to fish.

你爸爸看起来不像那种喜欢钓鱼的人。

B:Really? Why do you say that?

真的吗?你为什么那样说呢?

A:I don’t know. He’s a lawyer. It doesn’t fit the image.

我不知道,他是个律师,这项运动与他的形象不符。

B:Oh. I know what you mean. To tell the truth. He doesn’t fit the image.

哦!我知道你的意思了,说真的。他的确不像个钓鱼的。

A:Then how did he come to like fishing?

那么他是怎么喜欢上钓鱼的呢?

B:His father, who was certainly not a lawyer. Taught him to fish.

他的父亲教他的,当然,他的父亲不是律师。

A:What was his father?

那他的父亲是干什么的呢?

B:I’m not sure. I don’t think he ever had a real job.

我不清楚,我想他从来都没干过一份像样的工作。

A:And his son became a lawyer. That sounds pretty interesting.

可他的儿子居然成了律师,那听起来倒挺有意思。

B:It is. I’ve got to get to the store. I’ll give you a call when I get back.

的确如此,我得去商店了,我回来时会给你打个电话。

A:Sounds good. I’ll talk to you then.

好的,到时候再谈。







DIALOGUE2

A:I can’t believe my parents did this.

我不敢相信我的父母竟然这样做。

B:What did they do this time?

这一次他们做什么了呢?

A:They haven’t called for Christmas.

他们圣诞节没给我打电话。

B:I’m sure that they have a good reason.

我敢肯定他们一定有充分的理由。

A:like what?

例如什么?

B:Maybe they’re busy. It’s hard to say for sure.

大概他们很忙,很难说得准。

A:They’re not busy. They’re just mad at me.

他们不忙,他们只是生我的气。

B:Why would they be mad at you?

为什么他们会生你的气?

A:We had an argument during thanksgiving.

我们感恩节时吵了一架。

B:lots of families argue. It doesn’t make any sense for them to still be mad you.

许多家庭都有争吵,他们没理由到现在还生你的气。

A:You don’t know my parents.

你可不了解我的父母。

B:If what you say is true. It makes your parents seem a little immature.

如果你说的是真的,你的父母看起来好像不大成熟。

A:They can be. Both of them have a lot of pride. They don’t like to admit when they’re wrong.

他们真的是这样,他们两个人都非常高傲,他们犯了错从不愿承认。

B:Now I can see where you got your personality.

现在我知道你的个性是从哪里来的了。

A:What are you saying?

你在说什么呀?

B:It’s just funny how much your parents sound like you.

真有趣,你的父母听起来跟你像极了。

A:They do not sound like me. I’m my own person.

他们可不像我,我就是我。

B:Of course. But you had to come from somewhere. And I can clearly see where you came from.

没错,但你不是从石头里蹦出来的吧,而且我可以清楚地看到你来自一个怎样的家庭了。









DIALOGUE3

A:Your brother is pretty impressive. He has really made a good life for himself.

你的哥哥挺不错的,他确实为自己创造了美好的人生。

B:He certainly has. But he’s had to change a lot over the years.

他的确做到了,但这些年来他可改变了不少。

A: Do you mean that he wasn’t always so responsible?

你的意思是说他并不一直都是这样有责任心?

B:When he was a little boy, he was a real troublemaker.

当他还是个小孩时,他是个真正的淘气鬼。

A:Oh. Really? That’s hard to see now.

噢!真的吗?现在可看不出来。

B:You noticed that he seems responsible, but did you notice how much energy he has?

你已留意到他看起来很有在责任心,那你留意到他精力多么充沛吗?

A:Yes. He is really devoted to his work. He’s full of good ideas.

是的,他对工作确实是全力以赴。他的点子非常多。

B:When he was young and undisciplined. All that energy was used for causing trouble.

当他还年轻不羁时,他所有的这些精力都用在制造麻烦上了。

A:I could see that. He’s a pretty intense guy.

我看得出来,他是一个坐不住的人。

B:Have I told you about the time he almost burned down the house when he was five years old?

他五岁那年,有一次差点烧掉我们的房子,我告诉过你这件事吗?

A:I don’t think I’ve heard that story.

我想我没听过这件事。

B:You should ask my mother. She tells the story better.

你应该去问我妈妈,她讲得比我好。

A:She is pretty good at telling stories. She has some good ones about you.

她相当擅长讲故事,她告诉过我一些有关你的趣事。

B:What has she told you about me?

她告诉你我的什么事了?

A:You’ll have to ask her. She tells the stories better.

你得去问她了,她讲得比我好。







DIALOGUE4

A:This is nice place. How do you afford it?

这是个好地方,你是怎么支付得起的?

B:I can’t afford it. That’s my roommate’s job.

我支付不起,但我的室友可以。

A: Does your roommate cam a lot of money?

你的室友赚大钱了吗?

B:No. but her family’s pretty generous.

不是,但她的家里人相当大方。

A:Your roommate still relies on her parents for money?

你的室友仍然依靠她父母的钱生活?

B:No. it’s nothing like that. Her parents bought this house.

不是,不是这么回事,她的父母买下了这间房子。

A:So you live here for free?

那么说你们免费住在这里?

B:No. Carol, That’s my roommate. And I pay rent to her parents.

不是,是我的室友卡罗免费住在这里,而我要付给她父母的房租。

A:I guess they don’t charge as much as the house is really worth.

我猜他们没有根据房子的真正价值收你的租。

B:No. they’re very generous. I think they spoil her.

没有,他们很慷慨,我认为他们宠坏了卡罗。

A: Does she seem spoiled?

她看起来像宠坏了吗?

B:She’s a nice girl, but she can always depend on her parents to help her out when she needs it.

她是个挺好的女孩,可当她需要帮助的时候,她总是要依靠她父母解救。

A:Her parents sound like nice people.

听起来她父母是挺不错的人。

B:They are nice, but they need to let their daughter grow up.

他们人很好,但他们需要让他们的女儿长大。

A:When you have kids. Will you let them grow up?

当你有小孩时,你会让他们长大吗?

B:Of course. I think it’s important for children to learn how to be independent. They won’t always have their parents around to help them.

当然会,我认为小孩学会如何独立是非常重要的,父母不能总在他们身边帮助他们。







DIALOGUE5

A:Your sister seems pretty interesting.

你的姐姐看起来是个相当有趣的人。

B:I have to agree with you. She’s been like that as long as I can remember.

我绝对赞同你的意见,从我记事起她就是这样一个人。

A:It seems that she likes to be an attention getter.

看起来她喜欢成为大家注意的焦点。

B:She’s a natural entertainer. Do you know what she does for a job?

她是个天生的艺人,你知道她是干什么工作的吗?

A:I can’t imagine. It must not be a job in an office.

我想像不出来,但她的工作肯定不是坐办公室的。

B:That’s for sure. She’s a comedian.

一点没错,她是个喜剧演员。

A: D o you mean she gets up on stage and tells jokes?

你的意思是说在舞台上讲笑话的那种人?

B:Exactly. She’s getting to be pretty well known. She’s going to be on television next month.

正是,她越来越有名气了,下个月她将要上电视了。

A:I’m going to have to watch that. Does she have any future goals?

我得看这个节目,她有什么未来的目标吗?

B:Yeah. She wants to get into comedy movies. That’s the best way to make money for her.

有,她想进入喜剧电影界,对她来说,那是赚钱的最佳方法。

A:I think she can do it. She just needs to meet the right people.

我认为她可以做到,她只需遇到贵人就行了。

B:I agree. After her TV appearance. It will be easier for her to meet people who can get her a job in the movies.

我同意,在电视上亮相后,她将更容易遇到一些给她提供电影角色的人。

A:Tet me know how that turns out. I’d like to say I know a famous movies star.

让我知道事情的进展,到时候我就可以说我认识一位有名的电影明星了。


最新评论

生于6月8日 发表于 2012-1-11 20:20:58
I like it
dearlois 发表于 2012-8-3 10:36:13
Does your roommate cam a lot of money? ==

Does your roommate earn a lot of money?
sunshine-boy 发表于 2013-4-19 11:50:48
I'm my own person,
sunshine-boy 发表于 2013-4-22 10:06:18
It doesn't make any sense for them to still be mad you.

It doesn't make any sense for them to still be mad at you.
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表