开启辅助访问      

英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

新英语900句第四十五课情景对话

发布者: anneqin | 发布时间: 2010-6-10 13:16| 查看数: 6001| 评论数: 5|

本帖最后由 anneqin 于 2011-7-15 23:22 编辑

Dialogue1:

A: I brought a friend of mine in here. Can I see him?

我带了一位朋友来这里,我能见他吗?

B: What’s his name?

他叫什么名字?

A: Steve Baxter. He has an injured leg.

史蒂夫。巴克斯特。他的腿受了伤。

B: He’s in room8. but the doctor’s seeing him at this time.

他住在八号房间。但是现在医正在给他诊治。

A: Do you know how long he’ll be?

你知道他要在这住多久吗?

B: I don’t know. It shouldn’t be too long. You can just wait in the

waiting room.

我不知道。应该不会太久。你可以在等候室里等他。

A: Do you know anything about his condition?

你知道有关他病情的一些情况吗?

B: I believe that he has a broken left leg. But its only a simple

fracture.

我相信他是断了左腿,不过只是一种普通的骨折。

A: what does that mean?

这是什么意思?

B: That means it’s a clean break without complications.

意思是说骨头断得很整齐,没有并发症。

A: That’s good to hear. I thought it might be more serious.

这倒是个好消息。我原以为要严重得多。

B:He said something about a work accident.

病人说这是一桩工作事故。

A: Yes. It was my fault. I accidentally backed a truck into him.

是的。都是我的错,我倒车时无意中撞到了他。

B: He must be mad at you.

他一定生你的气。

A: He is. But we’re friends. I’ll buy him a beer and he’ll forgive

me.

是的。不过我们是朋友。我请他喝杯啤酒,他就会原谅我。

B: I hope so. You’ll have to ask the doctor for more details about

his condition.

希望如此。要更多地了解他的病情,你得去问医生。

A: I’ll do that. Thanks a lot.

我会的。多谢。

B: Don’t mention it.

不用谢。

Dialogue2:

A: This is pretty busy night. this emergency room is packed with people.

这真是个颇为忙碌的夜晚,这间急诊室里挤满了人。

B: It’s Saturday night. People having fun aren’t very careful some

get hurt.

这是长时期六晚上,寻欢作乐的人们通常不那么小心。有些人就受伤了。

A: Hey, look at that guy over there on the stretcher. What happened to

him?

嗨,你看那边躺在担架床上的那个家伙。他出了什么事?

B: The one with the bloody face?

血流满面的那一位?

A: Yeah. That guy. He’s a real mess.

没错。就是那家伙,他可真是弄得一团糟。

B: A police officer told me that he lost a fight.

一位警察告诉,他打架打输了。

A: I hate to be the winner of the fight.

打赢他的那个家伙也真可恶。

B: The cops are looking for him right now. I think.

我想警察现在正在找他呢?

A: What are we waiting for anyway?

我们究竟在等什么呢?

B: We’re waiting for the nurse to finish some paperwork on the

patient we just brought in.

我们在等护士帮我们刚送进来的那个病人办好一些手续。

A: She’s taking a while. We’ve got to get out of here.

护士要弄上好一会,我们得离开这里。

B: She should be done soon. Maybe something pulled her away.

她应该很快就弄完了。也许什么事情使她抽不开身。

A: I hope not. I’m going to go see what the delay is.

希望没有吧。我想去看看是什么事担搁了。

B: Get me some coffee on your way. Alright?

在路上给我买杯咖啡,好吗?

A: Sure. I’ll be back in a second.

好的。我很快就回来。

B: I’ll just be right here waiting.

我就在这里等你。



Dialogue3:

A: Isn’t the guy in room4 a little familiar?

住在四号房的家伙是不是有点面熟?

B: That’s Mr. Jones. He keeps showing up with that foot infection.

那是琼斯先生。他老是来看那个足部感染的病。

A: He’s fine every time he leaves. Then he’s back a month later.

Don’t get it.

他每次出院时,他的病都好了,但一个月后他又回来了。我弄不明白是怎么

回事。

B: He’s a patient at Oak Valley Nursing Home.

他是橡谷疗养院的一个病人。

A: That place is awful. They keep sending him here because they can’t

seem to take care of him.

那地方糟透了。他们老是把他送到这里来。因为他们好像没法照料他。

B: We’ve complained to them before about their level of care.

我曾就他们的护理水平向他们投诉过。

A: Have you complained to the city before?

你以前向市正当局投诉过吗?

B: No. just to the nursing home.

没有。只是向那疗养院投诉。

A: This time I want to make a complaint to the city. This needs to

stop.

这一次我想向市正当局投诉。这种情况不能再继续下去了。

B: I agree. Mr. Jones’ foot is almost rotting off.

我同意。琼斯先生的脚都快烂掉了。

A: That’s just intolerable. After I go see him. Get me the paperwork

to make a complaint.

那简直是不能容忍的。我给他看完病后你帮我准备好一些投诉的书面材料。

B: Yes. Doctor. Anything else?

好的。医生,还有别的事吗?

A;Do we have any coffee left in the break room?

我们休息室里还有咖啡吗?

B: No. I think we’re out.

没有了。我想我们喝完了。

A: Could you get somebody to make some more?

你能叫人再冲点吗?

B: No problem.

没问题。

A:thanks. I’m going to see Mr. Jones now. Room4,right?

谢谢。我现在要去看琼斯先生了。四号房,对吗?

B: That’s correct.

没错。

Dialogue 4

A: oh hi doctor. Do you have any news?

嗨,你好,医生,有什么消息吗?

B: yes . I have some good news. Your mother is now in stable

condition.

是的。我有好消息。你的母亲目前情况稳定。

A: well . that is good to hear. I was so worried about her earlier.

听到这个消息真是太好了。在这之前,我非常担心她。

B: she was having an irregular heartbeat and that is been causing some

problems.

她有点心律失调,而这又引起了其它一些问题。

A:will that require any special treatment?

那需要什么特别的治疗吗?

B: no. not right now. I will prescribe her some medicine to control

her heartbeat. That is all.

不需要,目前还不需要。我会给她开些药来控制她的心跳,仅此而已。

A: what about in the future?那将来怎么办?

B: it is hard to say. If she takes her medication eats right and

exercises . she should be okay. But we may have to do more in the

future.

难说,如果她按时服药,饮食得当,常做运动,她应该会没事。但将来我们可能

得做进一步的治疗。

A: like what?例如是什么样的治疗?

B: perhaps heart surgery or pacemaker. Its impossible to say right

now. I wouldn’t worry at this point.

也许要做心脏手术或安装起搏器。现在还不可能说清楚。这一点我倒不担心。

A: how long will she be in the hospital?

她在要医院里呆多久?

B: we should keep her here for observation for another two days. I

think

我认为我们应该让她再留院观察两天。.

A: then she can go home?

然后她就可以回家了吗?

B: yes. Then she can gohome.

是的。之后她就可以回家了。

Dialogue5:

A: Dad, how are you doing?

爸爸。你觉得怎么样?

B: I’m doing better. What’s that in the bag?

我觉得好点了。包里是什么?

A: I just brought a few of your things from home. Some books and

clothes.

我刚从家里带来几样你的东西。一些书和衣服。

B: That’s nice. I’m getting bored just watching TV in here.

太好了,在这里只有电视看,我开始觉得闷了。

A: That was a pretty hard fall you took

你这一跤摔得可真不轻。

B: The doctor saidI’ll need to use a cane after this. It could be

worse. I guess.

医生说以后我需要用拐杖走路,我猜可能还要糟糕。

A: . you’re getting older. You’ve got be more careful.

你岁数渐渐大了,你得更加小心才是。

B: I know, I know. Where’s your mother?

我知道,我知道,你母亲在哪里?

A: She’ll be here in a little bit. She’s downstairs giving the

doctor some information.

她一会儿就到这里,她在楼下向医生提供一资料。

B: it’s good thing my company has got a good medical insurance plan.

幸好我们公司有一个很好的医疗保险计划。

A: I know. You’re lucky. How long do you have to be here?

我知道,你很幸运。你得在这里住多久。

B: Maybe another week. After that, I’ve got to come back for physical

therapy visits.

也午还要再呆一个星期吧。之后我还得回来做物理治疗。

A: I see. That doesn’t sound like fun. Is there anything I can do to

help?

我明白了,那看来是挺麻烦的。有什么我能帮上忙的吗?

B: No. I’ll be fine. I just hope your mother isn’t too worried.

不用了。我会好起来的。我只希望你妈妈不会太担心。

A: She always worries.

她一直都在担心你。

B: I know. That’s why I love her.

好,我知道。那就是我爱她的原因。

最新评论

gxhncsd 发表于 2010-10-21 00:09:09
在学对话三:目前发现一个地方不对

Dialogue3:

A: Isn’t the guy in room4 a little familiar?

住在四号房的家伙是不是有点面熟?

B: That’s Mr. Jones. He keeps showing up with that for infection.

那是琼斯先生。他老是来看那个足部感染的病。

应该是foot
gxhncsd 发表于 2010-10-22 21:22:16
我不是故意的,我今天看第5段又发现个地方不对,LZ不要介意,我知道你整理这个很辛苦

That’s nice. I’m getting bored just watching TV(in) here.
zhenai305 发表于 2011-7-15 10:16:54
学到甚多、、很多句式。。可以变更下直接拿来用
viennalee 发表于 2011-7-16 00:06:36
好多新单词都不会REED
sunshine-boy 发表于 2013-2-12 14:02:09
You’ve got (to)be more careful....
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表