英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

新英语900句第五十七课情景对话

发布者: anneqin | 发布时间: 2010-5-17 21:32| 查看数: 5057| 评论数: 0|

Dialogue 1:

A: Look at those guys over there.

瞧瞧那边那些人。

B: I see them. What about them is important?

看见了。他们怎么拉?

A: They really annoy me. They take off their shirts and flex in front of their mirror.

看着就烦。脱了衣服,站在镜子前面弯着胳膊,显摆肌肉。

B: I guess they’re proud of how they look.

我觉得他们对自己的肌肉现状感到很自信吧。

A: They’re vain. It’s so stupid. They’re ridiculous people.

他们那是虚荣心作崇,要多傻有多傻!白痴一样。

B: Don’t you look at yourself in the mirror too?

这话说的,难道你就不照镜子吗?

A: Sure. Most people do. But I’m subtle about it./ˈsʌtl/

我也照啊,是人都照啊。但我也不是这么张扬的照啊。

B: What’s the difference?

有什么区别吗?

A: I don’t look silly in public. That’s the difference.

我才不在公共场合出洋相呢,这就是区别。

B: That’s just image. Why worry about your image so much?

那只不过是外表。为什么你对自己的形象这么在乎呢?

A: I’ll give you another reason. It’s unhealthy.

那我再給你一个理由。这样做是不健康的。

B: It’s unhealthy to look in the mirror?

照镜子会不健康?

A: No, it’s unhealthy to have your shirt off in the gym like that.

They get sweat all over the machines. The sweat is nasty and spreads disease.

不是,我是说在健身房里像他们那样把上衣脱掉是不健康的。

他们弄得健身器材到处是汗水。汗水很肮脏而且会传播疾病。

B: I can see that. It is pretty gross to find sweat all over something.

我明白你在说什么。东西上到处都是汗渍是件非常让人讨厌的事情。

A: That’s why I bring a towel, to wipe up my sweat.

那就是为什么我带来一条毛巾,用来给自己擦汗。

B: That seems reasonable.

看来这样做挺有道理。



Dialogue 2:



A: There are some big guys in here.

这里有几个大块头。

B: I know. They must work out all the time.

我知道。他们肯定整天都在锻炼。

A: Not necessarily. Some of that is just genetics. /dʒəˈnɛtɪks/

那也不一定,有些人天生就这样。

B: They’re not born muscular. /ˈmʌskjəlɚ/

他们不可能一生下来,就肌肉发达。

A: No, but they’re born with the ability to get that muscular if they exercise.

不是。但他们生来就有这种能力,要是他们锻炼,他们就可以变得肌肉很发达。

B: Maybe I should just give up. I probably don’t have genes./dʒin/

也许我应该放弃,我大概没那种天赋。

A: That’s not what I’m saying. You’ll get bigger. But maybe not huge.

我可没这样说。你肯定能结实一些,但可能不会变成大块头。

B: I suppose that’s fine. I don’t want to get real big.

那就行。我还不想成一个真正的大块头。

A: You could take special drugs to get bigger.

你可以吃一些特效药,让自己的肌肉更发达一些。

B: Yes. But that is dangerous. I don’t want to mess with that stuff.

我知道,可是那太冒险了,我可不想沾上那种东西。

A: That’s good. Anyway, there are other better ways to get bigger.

少年,很有底线嘛,不管怎样,还有一些别的更好的使肌肉发达的方法。

B: I don’t know much about that kind of thing. Give me an example.

关于这些东西我懂得不多。能不能具体点。

A: If you eat certain foods like beef a lot and lift weights in certain ways,

it can make you get bigger than you normally would be.

如果你吃大量的,,,,比如牛肉,然后以特定的方式去举重,

就能使你的肌肉变得比正常情况下更发达一些。

B: That sounds kind of complicated.

那听起来有点复杂。

A: It can be, but there are many books with basic information.

是有点复杂,但是好多书都写着这些基本常识。

B: I might go look for a book after I get out of here.

那一会儿我就去找一本去。

A: If you want, I’d be happy to go with you.

要是你愿意,我很乐意跟你一起去。

B: That would be great. You could give me some advice on a good book to buy.

那太好了。你可以給我些建议,帮我找一本好的。



Dialogue 3:

A: Why do you go to the gym so much?

你怎么老去健身房啊?

B: It’s good for me to be healthy. I always feel better after going.

身体健康,多好啊。每次健完身,都觉得特别好。

A: Isn’t it really vanity that makes you go?

不是虚荣心驱使你去健身吗?

B: Not really. I play basketball and football. I have to be strong.

不全是啊。我打篮球和踢足球,我必须得让自己身体强健啊。

A: It seems like a lot of guys go because they want to look good.

反正很多人去健身是为了使自己好看些。

B: That’s definitely true. Is there something wrong with that?

没错啊。但那有什么不好吗?

A: It’s never good to put such a high value on appearances.

把外表看得那么重,当然不好啊。

B: If everyone thought that way, we’d have a world of ugly people.

如果人人都这样想,那么我们这个世界到处都是丑陋的人。

A: If you didn’t play sports. Would you still lift weights?

如果你不参加那些体育运动,你还会去健身吗?

B: Yes, I think I would.

会,我想我会的。

A: Why, If not vanity?

为什么呢?如果不是出于虚荣心的话。

B: I’ll be honest. I would go for vanity. I don’t want to be some skinny guy.

老实说,我会为了虚荣心而去健身。我不想做一个瘦弱的人。

A: So you’re just like the other guys.

看来你跟别人没什么两样。

B: Maybe so. But girls don’t seem to complain.

也许是这样,不过女孩子倒不会抱怨这事。

A: I can’t believe you’re so shallow.

我真不敢相信你这么潜浅。

B: I’d love to stay and debate this. But I have to get to the gym./dɪˈbet/

我很想留下来和你好好辩论一下这个问题。不过我得去健身房了。



Dialogue 4:



A: So why did you join a women-only gym?

你为什么加入一个只对女士开放的健身房呢?

B: Does that seem strange to you?

有什么可奇怪的吗?

A: No, I was just curious. Do you not like being around men?

不是不是。我只是,,,好奇。你不喜欢周围有男人出现吗?

B: It’s not that. I just don’t like being around that anyone in the gym who isn’t there to exercise.

那到不是。我只是不喜欢在健身房遇到不是来锻炼的人。

A: Why else would they come to a gym?

他们来健身房还有别的原因吗?

B: For a lot of people, a gym is just a social club. They can meet people of the opposite sex in tight clothes.

It’s a waste of time.

对很多人来说,健身房只是一个社交俱乐部。他们可以在那里遇见一些穿着紧身衣的异性.

那简直是浪费时间。

A: That’s a good point. Its pretty annoying.

还真是。那确实挺让人烦的。

B: It’s easier for me to focus in this gym.

在这个女士健身房我可以更集中精力。

A: How often do you come here?

你多久来这儿一次?

B: I’m probably here about three times a week.

大概一星期来三次。

A: That’s a lot of dedication./ˌdɛdɪˈkeʃən/

那你的确花了不少工夫。

B: It helps me relax after work.

健身可以帮助我工作后好好放松一下。

Dialogue 5:



A: That was a good workout we had today.

今天的健身算是过了瘾了。

B: I agree. I really feel like I accomplish something./əˈkɑmplɪʃ/

是啊,我也觉得自己很有成就感。

A: It’s too bad we don’t get into the gym more often.

我们没法挤出更多的时间来健身,这可真是糟糕啊。

B: The problem is that something always seems to come up.

总有这样、那样的什么事儿,突然就冒出来了。

A: I know. It’s always easy to just skip going to the gym when its not convenient.

是啊,当时间一冲突,我们就最先把健身给舍弃了。

B: We need to be more disciplined./ˈdɪsəplɪn/

我们得多锻炼锻炼了。

A: I think it would be best if we started putting our workouts on our schedules./ˈskɛdʒəl/

我觉得要是把健身活动列到我们的日程表里,挺不错的。

B: Do you think that would help?

能管用吗?

A: Sure. It would. If we treat the gym like an appointment. We’ll be more likely to go.

当然管用,要是把健身当成约会,我们就很愿意去了。

B: That does seem right to me. When can you come next?

这主意不错。你下一次什么时候来?

A: How about Tuesday night?

星期二晚上怎么样?

B: Sorry, Tuesday night I have to go see a play at my daughter’s school.

对不起,星期二晚上我得去我女儿的学校看一场比赛。

A: Well. How about Wednesday night?

那星期三晚上怎么样?

B: Wednesday night’s fine. What time?

星期三晚上没问题。什么时候?

A: Is seven okay?

七点钟?

B: Seven o’clock is great. I’ll see you then.

七点钟行。到时候见。

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表