英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫描二维码登录本站

快速提高英语水平本广告位招租

社区广播台

查看: 4620|回复: 0
收起左侧

新英语900句第五十三课情景对话

[复制链接]

汇报天数: 757 天

连续汇报: 202 天

[LV.10]以坛为家III

发表于 2010-5-13 10:23:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Dialogue 1:

A: Excuse me . Are you from around here?

打扰了,请问你是本地人吗?

B: Yeah, I work here. Do you need some help?

是啊,我在这里工作。你需要帮忙吗?

A: Yes. Do you know what bus leads to Memorial Stadium?

是的,你知道哪一路公共汽车到纪念碑运动馆吗?

B: Let me think, I believe it's the 104 bus.

我想想,我觉得是104路公共汽车。

A: The 104 bus?

104路车吗?

B: Yeah, that's right. There should be a bus stop right at the stadium.

是,没错。在体育馆应该是有一站的。

A: And I don't have to change buses.

就是说我不用换车。

B: No. You just go up maybe 4 or 5 stops and you're there.

不用换,坐45站,你就到了。

A: That sounds pretty easy.

听起来挺容易的。

B: The problem is that the bus stop there is named Whitman Street Stop.

问题是,那一站,名叫Whitman Street Stop。

A: That's why I couldn't find it.

难怪我找不到。

B: I know. It should be named something like Stadium Stop, because no one knows about Whitman Street.

It's not a very good name for a stop.

我知道。那一站应该取个叫体育馆站之类的名字,因为没有人认识Whitman街。

作为一个公共汽车站,那名字的确不太合适。

A: I guess not. That looks like bus 104. I'd better get on.

我也这么觉得。好像那辆就是104路车,我上车了。

B: Good luck.

祝你好运。



Dialogue 2:

A: Excuse me. Do you know what bus is going to the theater?

打扰了。你知道哪路车到剧院吗?

B: Do you mean the Performing Arts Theater on Marshall Street?

你说的,是Marshall街的表演艺术剧院吗?

A: Yes, that's the one. Do you know how to get there?

是的,就是那个剧院。你知道怎么走吗?

B: I'm going there myself . Just come with me.

我也去那儿,你跟着我就行了。

A: Are you going to the performance of Showboat?

你是去看《戏船》的演出吗?

B: Yes. I am. I guess you are as well.

是啊,我猜你也是吧。

A: That's right. I don't see many theater lovers at the bus stop.

对啊,在公共汽车站我没看到多少戏剧爱好者。

B: Me neither. I guess the theater isn't just for rich people.

我也没看到。我认为戏剧并不只是为富人演的。

A: I should have guessed by your suit, though. It's a little late at night to be going to work.

从你穿的衣服我就应该想到你是去看戏的了。这个时间段,去上班可有点太迟了。

B: I suppose it is. I like to get dressed up for the theater. It's a habit.

你说对了,我喜欢穿戴整齐去看戏,这是一种习惯。

A: It's a good habit. Too many people dress casually all the time.

这是个好习惯,太多人总是穿得很随便。

B: I agree. Some things should be worth getting dressed up for.

是啊,有些事情应该好好注意下着装的。

A: So how far is the theater from here?

从这儿到剧院有多远?

B: It's about 3 stops from here, maybe 15 minutes. There's our bus now.

从这算,有大约3站地,大概要15分钟。我们坐的车来了。

A: Oh, good. I sure was lucky to find you.

哎,真是太好了,幸亏遇到你了。



Dialogue 3

A: We have been standing here forever.

我们已经在这里站了好久了。

B: No, we haven't. It's only been five minutes.

没有多久,才过了五分钟。

A: Well, the heat makes it feel like forever.

好吧,但是炎热让人感觉好像过了很久了。

B: I agree with that. It is hot out today.

是啊,今天外面实在太热了。

A: I wonder what's taking the bus so long.

我就想不明白了,公共汽车怎么这么久还不来。

B: Have you looked at the traffic? That's what is slowing down the bus.

你没看见这么多车吗?这就是它迟迟不来的原因啊。

A: Why is there so much traffic?

怎么这么多车啊?

B: Didn't you know about the ball game downtown? Everyone's coming to see that.

你不知道市中心的球赛吗?人人都来看了。

A: Oh, right. I forgot about that. I guess that explains the traffic.

哦,对了,我忘了这事了。我猜那就是交通堵塞的原因了。

B: It must. Anyway, the bus should be here any minute.

肯定是。不管怎样,公共汽车随时都会来的。

A: We should have just taken a cab. We still can.

我们本应坐的士的。现在也来得及。

B: Do you know how expensive that could be? We're not in a hurry. So why not wait?

你知道坐的士有多贵吗?我们又不赶时间。为什么不等等呢?

A: That's true. We're not in a hurry, but it's too hot to be standing here all day.

也是,反正不赶时间,可是整天站在这里太热了。

B: The bus should be air-conditioned. You can rest inside.

公共汽车上有空调,你可以里面休息。

A: I'm sorry to complain so much. It's just not a good day.

我很抱歉发了这么多牢骚,今天可不是个好日子。

B: No. I understand. It has to get better.

理解,天气会好转的。

A: Look! There's the bus now.

看,车来了。

B: Oh, good. It doesn't look crowded either. Do you have money?

噢,好极啦。看起来人也不多。你带钱了吗?

A: Yes. I do. Let's get aboard..

带了,让我们上车吧。



Dialogue 4

A: Hey, Jeff. Look at this bus schedule over here.

嗨,杰夫,看这个公共汽车时刻表。

B: Okay. Have you found a bus going to the Harbor yet?

嗯,你找到哪个是去港口的公共汽车了吗?

A: I think so. The 23 bus, but it looks like it has stopped running tonight.

找到了,23路车。不过今晚的末班车好像已经过了。

B: What time is it now?

现在几点了?

A: It's about ten o'clock.

大约十点钟。

B: This says the last bus leaves at 9:45, but that was only 15 minutes ago.

时刻表上写着最后一班车945开,已经过去15分钟了。

A: So? Doesn't that mean it's not running now?

所以?是不是意味着它已经走了?

B: No. It just means the last bus left the first stop, David Street. It should be getting here in about five minutes.

不是。那意味着最后一班车在那个时间离开首发站—大卫街。那它应该在约五分钟后到咱们这一站。

A: Oh, yeah. Why didn't I think of that?

噢。对了。为什么我没想到这个呢?

B: I don't know, Marcus. Anyway, I hope it hurries. It seems like it's going to rain.

我不知道,Marcus。不管怎样,我只希望车快点到,要下雨了。

A: I know, I planned ahead and brought my umbrella.

我知道。我未卜先知,带着雨伞呢。

B: I should have done that. Can I share your umbrella?

我也应该带的!我可以和你共用一把伞吗?

A: I don't think so. Are you my girlfriend now? Get wet. Maybe you'll learn a lesson.

不行,你又不是我女朋友。淋雨去吧你,从此,你就学会教训了。

B: Some friend you are.

你真够朋友啊。

A: I am a good friend . I'm helping you learn a valuable lesson-plan ahead.

我本来就够朋友啊。你看,我給你上了,多么有意义的一课-------未雨绸缪。

B: Not really. There's the bus 23 coming down the street now. I guess I won't be getting wet tonight.

拉倒吧你,23路来了。这下,今晚我不用当落汤鸡了。



Dialogue 5:

A: Hey, Coco. Here's our bus. Let's get on.

嗨,可可。我们的车来了,上车吧。

B: I'm not sure about that.

我觉得不是这辆车。

A: Quit wasting time. Let's get on.

不要浪费时间了。我们上车吧。

B: No. Wait. Stop. That's not the right bus.

别,等下,别上。这不是我们要坐的车。

A: Are you sure?

你肯定吗?

B: No. I'm not sure, but I thinks it's wrong.

不,我不大肯定,不过我觉得它不是。

A: I hope you're right, because there it goes. We just missed it.

但愿不是,因为车走了,我们眼看着它走了。

B: We want to go to Westminster Square, right?

我们要去的,是Westminster广场,对吧?

A: Yes, of course . That bus said Westminster on it.

是啊,那辆车上有Westminster这一站啊。

B: I know, but this schedule says that bus 91 goes to Westminster Square and bus 65 goes to Westminster Street.

我知道,但这张时刻表上说91路车到Westminster广场,而65路车到Westminster街。

A: So what?

所以

B: That was bus 65. We don't want to go Westminster Street.

刚才那辆车是65路。我们不是去Westminster"街"。

A: Oh, yeah. I see what you mean. Thanks for the quick thinking.

啊,我明白你的意思了,幸亏你脑子好使。

B: I think Westminster Street is on the other side of the city.

我觉得Westminster街是在城市的另一边。

A: I guess we should just wait for bus 91.

我想我们只能等91路车了。

B: I think so. We should also ask a local for their advice.

我也这么觉得。我们还是应该找个本地人问问。

A: Good idea. I'll go ask that guy over there with the dog.

好主意。我去问那边那个带着狗的人。

B: Make sure he understands the difference between Westminster Street and Square.

一定要让他明白我们是去Westminster广场而不是Westminster街。


上一篇::让我们一起“找回童真”(图)
下一篇:新英语900句第五课情景对话
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

随便看看 精彩图片 帖子导读 联系管理
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表