开启辅助访问
浅色 暗色
随便看看

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索
英语家园 门户 公开课 查看主题

【TED英语演讲】整日久坐会对你的大脑和身体造成哪些影响?

发布者: 风中麦田 | 发布时间: 2026-7-20 23:36| 查看数: 179| 评论数: 0|帖子模式



演讲题目:What sitting all day does to your brain and body?

演讲简介:

五分钟散步能否改变你一整天的身心状态?运动科学家基思・迪亚兹讲解,人类身体本就适配各类活动,而这类活动早已在现代生活中悄然消失。他还给出简单易执行的实用建议:平日里抽空碎片化小幅运动,以此强健大脑、调养身体。



中英文字幕

My favorite job ever was as a summer-camp counselor, where I was basically paid to play games with kids all day.

我最喜欢的工作是夏令营辅导员,工作内容基本上是整天和孩子们玩游戏。

We played capture the flag, running bases, dodge-ball, went swimming in the pool every day.

我们每天都玩夺旗、跑垒、躲避球、去游泳池游泳的游戏。

And at the end of the day, I'd be tired, but in a good way.

到了一天结束的时候,我会很累,但是一种好的方式。

Not mentally drained, but physically tired.

不是精神疲惫,而是身体疲惫。

A satisfied kind of tired where I'd use my body to complete a hard day's work.

一种满足的疲倦,我会用我的身体来完成一天的艰苦工作。

Flash forward, and my job today looks very different.

我今天的工作看起来很不一样。

Even though I'm an exercise scientist, I don't get to actually do any exercise at work.

尽管我是一个运动科学家,但我在工作中实际上并没有做任何运动。

Instead, my days consist of staring at a computer screen and sitting in countless meetings.

相反,我的日子就是盯着电脑屏幕和参加无数次会议。

The transition for me to office work was jarring.

对我来说,向办公室工作的过渡是不和谐的。

I no longer had those same feelings of satisfaction at the end of the day's work.

一天工作结束时,我不再有同样的满足感。

I was still tired, exhausted, actually, but I hadn't used my body at all.

事实上,我仍然很累,很疲惫,但我根本没有动我的身体。

And this shift that I experienced, I'm not alone in feeling.

我所经历的这种转变,并不是唯一有这种感觉的人。

We are living in the most sedentary era in modern history.

我们生活在现代历史上最久坐的时代。

In a single year, the average adult will now spend a full 187 days, over half of the year, sitting or physically idle.

成年人一年平均要花整整187天(超过一年的一半)坐着或身体无所事事。

The bad news is that our bodies weren't designed for this.

坏消息是,我们的身体并不是为此而设计的。

I know because I've spent my career as a scientist studying the harms of being highly sedentary.

我知道是因为我作为科学家的职业生涯一直在研究久坐不动的危害。

And what scientists have found is that being highly sedentary increases your risk of diabetes, cancer, dementia, heart disease,

科学家发现,高度久坐会增加患糖尿病、癌症、痴呆症、心脏病的风险,

and ultimately early death.

最终过早死亡。

Worse, this is true even if you exercise regularly.

更糟糕的是,即使你经常锻炼,情况也是如此。

To put it simply, being highly sedentary, as many of us are, is toxic.

简而言之,像我们许多人一样,高度久坐是有害的。

Let's start with the healthiest people among us to use as an example.

让我们从我们中间最健康的人开始作为例子。

In one study, when highly trained endurance athletes were forced to bed rest,

在一项研究中,当训练有素的耐力运动员被迫卧床休息时,

their aerobic fitness levels dropped by about 20 percent in just three days.

他们的有氧健身水平在短短三天内下降了约20%。

What took them months to build was erased in a matter of a long weekend with no movement.

他们花了几个月时间建造的东西在一个长周末内被抹去,没有任何运动。

This isn't unique to highly trained endurance athletes.

这并不是训练有素的耐力运动员所独有的。

If you took a regular, typical, healthy adult and forced them to 40 days of bed rest,

如果您选择一个正常、典型、健康的成年人并强迫他们卧床休息40天,

their heart would show changes similar to 50 years of aging.

他们的心脏会出现类似于50岁衰老的变化。

Now, this isn't about missing a workout or two.

现在,这并不是错过一两次锻炼。

Exercise only makes up a tiny fraction of your day.

锻炼只占你一天的一小部分。

The toxicity comes from when movement begins to disappear from your life.

这种有害性来自于运动开始从你的生活中消失。

And this begs the question, why isn't exercise alone enough?

这就引出了一个问题,为什么仅仅锻炼还不够?

Part of the answer lies in our muscles.

部分答案在于我们的肌肉。

Our muscles are more than just a machinery that power movement.

我们的肌肉不仅仅是推动运动的机械。

They're also really important for regulating things like our metabolism.

它们对于调节我们的新陈代谢等事情也非常重要。

Let's use blood sugar as an example.

我们以血糖为例。

Our muscles are like sponges for blood sugar.

我们的肌肉就像血糖海绵。

When we regularly use and contract our muscles, they're like a moist sponge, soaking up the sugar from the bloodstream.

当我们定期使用和收缩肌肉时,它们就像一块潮湿的海绵,吸收血液中的糖分。

But when we don't regularly use and contract our muscles,

但当我们不经常使用和收缩我们的肌肉时,

like a dry and shriveled-up sponge, not really good at soaking up anything.

就像一块又干又干瘪的海绵,不太擅长吸收任何东西。

Now here's the key.

现在这是关键。

When we exercise, it rewets the sponge.

当我们锻炼时,它会重新浸湿海绵。

But eventually that sponge dries out if you get little to no movement the rest of your day.

但如果你在一天剩下的时间里几乎没有任何运动,那么海绵最终就会变干。

So what do we do?

那么我们该怎么办?

Well, we need to keep the sponge moist.

我们得保持海绵湿润。

Now I'm not going to tell you that we need to move all day.

我现在不是说让你整日锻炼。

Instead, I'm going to suggest that we follow the lead of an unlikely place:

相反,我建议我们效仿一个出人意料之地的做法:

the tobacco industry.

烟草行业。

In their early days, cigars were their primary product.

在其早期,雪茄是其主要产品。

But this was the industrial age.

但这是工业时代。

Millions were working in factories.

数百万人在工厂工作。

And those workers only got short breaks from their lines.

这些工人只能短暂地休息。

Certainly not long enough to smoke a cigar.

当然还不抽雪茄。

Thus, the cigarette became the primary focus of the tobacco industry

因此,香烟成为烟草行业的首要焦点,

so that these workers could get their fix in small, short doses, a few minutes at a time throughout the day.

以便这些工作人员可以在一天中每次几分钟以小、短剂量的方式进行治疗。

And if sitting truly is the new smoking, as the saying goes,

如果坐着真的是新的吸烟,正如俗话所说,

then what better way to fight back than to use the approach of the tobacco industry?

那么还有什么比使用烟草行业的方法更好的反击方式呢?

But instead of smoke breaks, movement breaks.

但不是以吸烟的方式休息,而是以运动的方式休息。

Short bouts of movement, a few minutes at a time, sprinkled in throughout the day.

一天会出现短暂的运动,一次几分钟。

If our muscles need regular use to function optimally, then outside of any exercise time,

如果我们的肌肉需要经常使用以发挥最佳功能,那么在任何锻炼时间之外,

we need to be contracting them frequently through movement.

我们需要经常通过运动来调动它们。

The question that we asked in my lab is, what's the least amount of movement breaks that we need,

我们在实验室问的问题是,我们需要的最少运动休息量是多少,

in order to offset the harms of being highly sedentary?

为了抵消高度久坐的危害?

And the answer we found was a five-minute walk every half hour.

我们发现的答案是每半小时步行五分钟。

This reduced the blood sugar spike after eating by about 60 percent.

这使进食后血糖峰值降低了约60%。

That's the size of reduction you would expect to see if you put someone on medication to manage their blood sugar levels.

如果您让某人服用药物来控制血糖水平,您会期望看到这一下降幅度。

The cool part is that our participants weren't sprinting or even walking fast.

最酷的部分是我们的参与者没有短跑,甚至没有走得很快。

This was a stroll, they were walking at two miles an hour.

这是一次散步,他们以每小时两英里的速度行走。

Now I want to be honest.

现在我说的是实话。

What I'm proposing to you as the answer to our modern sedentary lives are five-minute breaks every hour or every half hour.

作为我们现代久坐生活的答案,我向你们建议的是每小时或每半小时休息五分钟。

The truth is that when I found out that this was the answer, I was disappointed.

事实是,当我发现这就是答案时,我很失望。

My immediate reaction was, there's no way people are going to do this,

我的第一反应是,人们不可能这样做,

largely because I couldn't realistically do it myself.

主要是因为我自己实际上无法做到这一点。

And so part of me wondered whether this should be the end of the road for my research on movement breaks.

因此,我的一部分想知道这是否应该成为我对运动休息研究的终点。

But rather than argue with the data, I decided to press forward and put it to the test in the real world.

但我没有与数据争论,而是决定继续前进并在现实世界中对其进行测试。

With a little help from public radio,

在公共广播的帮助下,

we had over 20,000 people try our experiment to take movement breaks throughout the day,

我们有超过20000人尝试我们的实验,在一天中进行运动休息,

anywhere from every half hour to every two hours for two weeks.

两周内每半小时到每两小时。

And to my surprise, the vast majority of people liked taking movement breaks.

令我惊讶的是,绝大多数人喜欢运动休息。

Many wanted to keep going.

许多人想继续下去。

We had tapped into something that people were craving, an antidote to our toxic modern lives.

我们利用了人们渴望的东西,一种解毒剂来对抗我们有毒的现代生活。

But what really surprised me is that when we asked people what they liked about movement break,

但真正让我惊讶的是,当我们问人们喜欢运动休息的什么时,

very few touted the physical health benefits.

很少有人宣扬它对身体健康的好处。

Instead, what they liked was how the movement breaks made them feel.

相反,他们喜欢的是运动中断给他们的感觉。

They loved that they felt energized,

他们喜欢他们感到精力充沛,

that they no longer felt like they were in this brain fog throughout the day,

他们不再觉得自己整天都处于昏昏沉沉之中,

that they were able to actually better focus at work.

他们能够更好地专注于工作。

And this really resonated with me and my experiences as an office worker and how the exhaustion impacted my life.

这确实与我和我作为办公室职员的经历以及疲惫如何影响我的生活产生了共鸣。

I remember when my kids were younger and I'd come home from my office job,

我记得当我的孩子们还小的时候,我从办公室工作回家,

I'd open the door and they'd greet me with energy and enthusiasm,

我打开门,他们会热情洋溢地迎接我,

and want me to immediately start playing with them.

并希望我立即开始和他们一起玩。

And I just didn't have it in me.

但我只是没有这种精力。

I was too drained from the day.

一天下来我太累了。

And that's one of the most striking findings that we see in the lab.

这是我们在实验室里看到的最惊人的发现之一。

Over the course of sitting all day with no movement,

坐了一整天,一动不动,

people's mood plummets while their fatigue builds and builds.

人们的情绪直线下降,而他们的疲劳感就会建立。

And that's because our muscles have a symbiotic relationship with our brains.

这是因为我们的肌肉与我们的大脑存在共生关系。

They're in constant communication.

它们一直保持着沟通。

Our biological need to contract muscle is more than just about physical health and metabolism.

我们对肌肉收缩的生物需求不仅仅是身体健康和新陈代谢。

It's also foundational to mental and brain health.

它也是心理和大脑健康的基础。

The promising news is that in our real-world experiment,

在我们的现实世界实验中,

our participants only averaged four to five movement breaks a day.

我们的参与者平均每天只有四到五次运动休息。

Far below our lab-tested prescription.

远低于我们经过实验室测试的处方。

And yet, they still reduced their feelings of fatigue by about 25 percent.

然而,他们的疲劳感仍然减少了约25%。

And we see this play out in the lab as well.

我们在实验室中也看到了这种情况。

Something as small as a one-minute walk every hour can still largely offset the impact of sitting all day on your mood.

即使每小时步行一分钟,也可以在很大程度上抵消整天坐着对情绪的影响。

So even small, short, infrequent movement breaks can counter some, not all,

因此,即使是小的、短的、不频繁的运动休息也可以抵消部分而不是全部隐性成本,

but some of the hidden costs of our sedentary lives.

我们久坐生活的一些隐性成本。

Thank you.

谢谢。

发新帖

最新评论

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条


关于我们|免责声明|广告合作|手机版|英语家园 ( 鄂ICP备2021006767号-1|鄂公网安备42010202000179号 )

GMT+8, 2026-8-17 04:21

Powered by Discuz! X3.5

© 2001-2026 Discuz! Team.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表