(点击右边三个点,可调整速度,电脑上可下载)
Which culture do you belong to?
你属于哪种文化?
Is that a multicultural society?
那是一个多元文化社会吗?
Yes, it is. My culture is a diverse mix of customs and traditions of various races and ethnicities.
是的。我的文化融合了不同种族和民族的风俗与传统。
How long has your country been practicing those customs?
你们国家践行这些习俗的历史有多久?
Well, it has a long history, around 10,000 years ago.
嗯,这个历史很长,大概起源于一万年前。
What custom do you like the most?
你最喜欢哪种习俗?
I like practicing dining etiquette. That’s what makes me American whenever I travel to other countries.
我喜欢练习餐桌礼仪。正是这些礼仪让我无论去哪个国家旅行时都感觉自己是美国人。
What are traditional costumes of men and women in your country?
你们国家男女的传统服饰是什么?
Cowboy hats and boots are American styles, but nowadays jeans and T-shirt are more preferable.
牛仔帽和靴子是美式风格的典型,但如今人们更倾向于穿牛仔裤和T恤。
Are you comfortable with tradition and customs of your culture?
你是否适应自己文化的传统与习俗?
Of course. I was born with it.
当然。这些传统与生俱来。
How do people greet each other?
人们如何相互问候?
Well, it depends on the situation. In an informal communication, people just say 'hi'.
嗯,这取决于场合。在非正式交流中,人们只是说“嗨”。
Have you ever felt drawn to another land?
你是否曾向往过另一个国家的文化?
Yes, I’m interested in Indian culture. I wish I can get there someday to attend a typical Indian wedding.
是的,我对印度文化很感兴趣。我希望有朝一日能去参加一个典型的印度婚礼。
本文来自公众微信号:每日学英语
|
|