英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

勇敢,才华和鲁保罗·查尔斯·|在现场

发布者: 五毒 | 发布时间: 2024-8-31 23:46| 查看数: 53| 评论数: 0|

Hello, darlings.

你好,亲爱的大家。

Now we're going to do a new format here, which is "On the Spot," I'm told, it's "On the Spot." And I will be answering a series of questions.

现在我们要做一个新的形式,就是“现场直播”,我被告知,这是“现场直播”。我将回答一系列的问题。

So we'll see how this goes, alright?

所以我们拭目以待,好吗?

Let's start with our first question.

让我们从第一个问题开始。

And again, I have 10 minutes.

再说一遍,我还有10分钟。

So we'll see, I bet I can do it faster than 10 minutes.

所以我们拭目以待,我打赌我可以比10分钟更快地做到这一点。

Define bravery.

定义勇敢。

Define bravery.

定义勇敢。

I think bravery is the ability to follow your bliss and make no excuses for that, alright?

我认为勇敢是追随幸福的能力,并且不为此找借口,好吗?

Define brilliance.

定义才华。

I think allowing yourself to be a vessel, a channel, so that the source can work through you, and you align yourself with that source.

我想让自己成为一艘船、一条通道,这样能掌握各种资源,而且与其保持联系。

I think that's brilliance.

我认为这很聪明。

What's the power of drag?

阻力的力量是什么?

Now the power of drag, it's like the Superman suit to Clark Kent.

现在,阻力的力量,就像克拉克·肯特的超人套装。

It allows you to expand your idea of who you are, of what you are.

这可以让你对自己是谁理解更深。

And it's a very simple trick, and it works.

这是一个非常简单的技巧,而且很有效。

I recommend everybody try it, tonight.

我建议大家今晚尝试一下。

What's the best way to slay?

最好的横扫全场的方法是什么?

Know thyself, be thyself.

了解你自己,做你自己。

You are the best version of you, so you can slay that way.

你是最好的你,所以你可以这样震惊全场。

I get a round of applause for that.

我为此赢得了热烈的掌声。

Thank you, over here.

在这里表示感谢。

What's the first thing you notice about someone?

对一些人,你首先注意到的是什么?

I notice their aura.

我注意到他们的光环。

I can see, I can sense what they're about, what they want.

我能看到,我能感觉到他们在做什么,他们想要什么。

You know, for years, I learned how to sort of shape-shift myself into what I felt someone needed from me.

你知道,多年来,我学会了如何改变自己的形状,让自己适应我认为某人需要我的东西。

Listen, not the greatest thing in the world to do, because you leave a little bit of yourself behind.

听着,这不是世界上最伟大的事情,因为你留下了自己的一点。

But it sure did teach me a lot about reading someone's character, you know, and my own character. Alright.

但它确实教会了我很多关于阅读某人的性格以及我自己的性格的知识。

What trait do you most value?

你最看重什么品质?

A sense of humor, people. A sense of humor.

幽默感啊,大家,幽默感!

My favorite thing to do in the world is to laugh.

我在世界上最喜欢做的事情就是笑。

My favorite thing in the world to do is to laugh. And I've done a lot of things.

世界上我最喜欢做的事情就是笑。我做了很多事情。

But if you have a sense of humor.

但如果你有幽默感。

Yeah, because I think if you have a sense of humor, you get it.

是的,因为我认为如果你有幽默感,你就会明白。

This is all an illusion, OK?

这都是幻觉,好吗?

Don't take any of it too seriously, alright?

不要太认真,好吗?

What's the wisest way to be an adult?

成为一个成年人的最明智方式是什么?

Well, to be an adult, you have to be able to keep your mouth closed.

嗯,要成为一个成年人,你必须能够谨言。

Because there's a lot of things you want to say in situations, but an adult knows better.

因为在某些情况下你想说很多话,但成年人更了解。

You know, it's true.

你知道,这是真的。

It's true.

是真的

You can't say everything to everybody.

你不能对每个人都说一切。

You really, just, you can't.

你真的,只是,你不能。

I wish we could.

我希望我们可以。

I wish we could, but we can't.

我希望我们可以,但我们不能。

If there's one thing you want AI to keep in mind, what is it?

如果有一件事您希望人工智能牢记,那是什么?

I don't like that question.

我不喜欢这个问题。

Which of your dreams have not yet come true?

您的哪些梦想尚未实现?

I would love to be able to put together a retail storyline that is just as magnificent as Patagonia and Esprit and all the things they've done.

我希望能够拼凑出一个与巴塔哥尼亚和Esprit以及他们所做的所有事情一样宏伟的零售故事情节。

I'd love to do that. Maybe there's time. Yeah, oh, hi.

我很乐意这么做。也许还有时间。

What's the best way to say goodbye?

告别的最佳方式是什么?

I really don't like saying goodbye.

我真的不喜欢说再见。

I never have.

我从来没有过。

But I've learned to be in the moment and to actually acknowledge someone and the time that we spent together.

但我已经学会了活在当下,并真正承认某人和我们在一起度过的时光。

I've learned how to to sit in that.

我已经学会了陷在其中。

I think I was always too sensitive, so I never liked to say goodbye.

我想我总是太敏感了,所以我从来不喜欢说再见。

So the best way to say goodbye is to do it deliberately and to acknowledge that, you know, this could be the last time I ever see you.

所以说再见的最好方式就是故意这样做,并承认,你知道,这可能是我最后一次见到你。

So, you know, I'm going to acknowledge that and stay in the moment.

所以,我会承认这一点并留在当下。

Thank you for being on the spot, RuPaul! That's great. That's fantastic. Come on up here.

谢谢你的到场,保罗!太好了。这太棒了。上来吧。

That was going to be 10 minutes, and I have four minutes and 37 seconds left.

那本来是10分钟,我还剩4分37秒。

Helen Walters: You want to chat?

海伦·沃尔特斯:你想聊天吗?

RC: You want to?

RC:你想吗?

HW: Shall we? RC: Let's do it. HW: OK, who has a question for RuPaul? RC: Oh, I thought you were going to chat with me.

我们可以吗? RC:我们开始吧。HW:好的,谁有问题要问保罗? RC:哦,我还以为你要和我聊天呢。

Questions from the audience?

观众有问题吗?

HW: Why not?

HW:为什么不呢?

RC: Well, I'll tell you why not.

RC:好吧,我会告诉你为什么不。

I don't think in all the years I've taken questions from the audience, mostly people like to make comments.

我想这么多年来我没有接受过观众的问题,大多数人都喜欢发表评论。

HW: That's true.

HW:确实如此。

RC: And we don't really want comments. HW: No, that's true, that's true.

RC:我们真的不想发表评论。HW:这是真的,这是真的。

RC: Maybe you and I should come up with a few questions to ask me.

RC:也许你和我应该提出一些问题来问我。

HW: What would you like to tell everyone? RC: OK, alright.

HW:你想告诉大家什么?RC:好吧,好吧。

RuPaul, what is the best piece of advice you've ever gotten?

鲁保罗,你得到过的最好的建议是什么?

HW: That's a good question. RC: Thank you.

HW:这是一个好问题。RC:谢谢。

My 10th grade teacher, Mr. Parnell in Atlanta, Georgia.

我的十年级老师,佐治亚州亚特兰大的帕内尔先生。

He said, "RuPaul," my real name. "Do not take life too seriously." The emphasis on "too." He actually used some dirty language in there, and you can fill in the blanks where he put it.

他说,“保罗,”我的真名。“不要把生活看得太严肃。”“too”的重音。他在里面说了一些脏话,你可以把他说的话填空。

HW: You could also swear on this stage, it's fine. RC: No, no, darling, there may be Christian children here, darling. HW: There are none, I can guarantee it.

HW:你也可以在这个舞台上发誓,没关系。RC:不,不,亲爱的,这里可能有基督教孩子,亲爱的。HW:没有,我可以保证。

RC: But no, it was the best advice at the time.

RC:但这是当时最好的建议。

I was in 10th grade.

我当时上十年级。

You know, I flunked the 10th grade.

你知道,我十年级不及格。

I repeated the 10th grade, and then I dropped out in the 11th grade.

我重读了10年级,然后在11年级就退学了。

But of all the time I spent in school, that was the most valuable lesson I ever learned.

但在我在学校度过的所有时间中,这是我学到的最有价值的一课。

And as the years went on, it became more and more valuable.

随着时间的推移,它变得越来越有价值。

Because it's like we are actors on a stage.

因为就像我们是舞台上的演员一样。

And it's as if the actors believe, say, "Twelfth Night," some Shakespeare thing.

就好像演员们相信,比如《第十二夜》,莎士比亚的一些东西。

The actors actually believe they are the characters they're playing, you know.

你知道,演员们实际上相信他们就是他们所扮演的角色。

And drag and laughter and all those things shake it up to say, "Hey, kiddo, you know, you're only playing a role.

拖着、笑声和所有这些东西都会震撼它,“嘿,孩子,你知道,你只是在扮演一个角色。

This show will close.

这个演出即将结束。

And we're going to go on to another show and another show and another show, and it's going to be fabulous."

我们将继续观看另一场演出,另一场演出,而且会非常精彩。"

HW: Yes, it sure is.

HW:是的,确实如此。

RC: So don't get too invested in "Twelfth Night," darling.

RC:所以亲爱的,不要太投入《第十二夜》。

HW: So RuPaul?

HW:那么鲁保罗?

RuPaul is your real name.

鲁保罗是你的真名。

Why did your mom call you RuPaul?

为什么你妈妈叫你鲁保罗?

RC: Well, you know, listen, I will answer that question.

RC:嗯,你知道,听着,我会回答这个问题。

I just want to say, if there are any people who want to get into show business, do not use your real name.

我只想说,如果有人想进入演艺圈,不要使用真名。

It's my real name because it ends up on all of your public papers and all that stuff.

这是我的真名,因为它最终出现在你们所有的公共报纸和所有的东西上。

And you know, you're at the gynecologist or in the dentist chair and they know all your business, you know.

你知道,你在妇科医生那里或牙医椅上,他们知道你所有的事情,你知道。

But my mother, my mother saw a psychic when she was pregnant with me.

但是我的母亲,我的母亲在怀我的时候看到了通灵者。

And the psychic said, "You're going to have a boy, and he's going to be famous."

通灵者说:“你会生一个男孩,他会出名的。"

So my mother thought, "You know, I'm going to name him RuPaul Andre Charles, because ain't another MF in the world with that name." Yeah, my real name.

所以我母亲想:“你知道,我要给他命名为鲁保罗·安德烈·查尔斯,因为世界上没有另一个有这个名字的MF了。“是的,我的真名。

People call me Ru, though. HW: Who is your favorite person on the planet?

不过,人们都叫我鲁。HW:这个星球上你最喜欢谁?

RC: My best friend, who I happen to be married to.

RC:我最好的朋友,我碰巧结婚了。

His name is Georges LeBar, and he's so lovely and kind.

他的名字叫乔治·勒巴尔,他是如此可爱和善良。

I think the greatest attribute that humans can have is kindness.

我认为人类所能拥有的最大品质就是善良。

That's number one, number two is a fat ass.

那是第一,第二是大屁股。

But and he's got both.

但是他两者都有。

He's Australian.

他是澳大利亚人。

He's absolutely lovely.

他非常可爱。

He's lovely.

他很可爱。

HW: OK, we have 45 seconds, I'm not stopping.

HW:好的,我们还有45秒,我不会停下来。

What's your favorite thing about television?

你最喜欢电视的是什么?

RC: Oh my gosh, I learned everything I know from television, I love it.

RC:天哪,我从电视上学到了我所知道的一切,我喜欢它。

I'm watching a show called "Murder, She Wrote" right now.

我现在正在看一部名为《她写了谋杀》的节目。

It's about 45 years old, and I can't get enough of it.

它大约45岁了,我爱不释手。

I can't get enough of it, I love it.

我爱不释手,我喜欢它。

Murder, she sat down and she wrote.

谋杀,她坐下来写了下来。

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, it has been so much fun.

好吧,女士们先生们,这太有趣了。

HW: Thank you, Ru. RC: Thank you so much. Give love to somebody.

HW:谢谢你,鲁。RC:非常感谢。爱你们。


最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表