Why act now?
为什么现在要行动起来?
The best time to act was yesterday.
最好的行动时间是昨天,
The second best time is today.
第二好的时间是今天。
Every year that we don't reduce emissions represents another 55 gigatons of greenhouse gases that future generations will have to scrub out of the air.
每年我们不减少排放就意味着未来几代人将不得不从空气中清除新出现的550亿吨温室气体。
That would cost 8 trillion dollars a year, almost half the entire US economy today.
每年将花费8万亿美元,几乎相当于今天整个美国经济的一半。
And that price doesn't include the cost of people forced to move, the natural world transformed and lives lost.
而这个代价还不包括人们被迫迁移、自然世界改变和生命损失的成本。
It's much cheaper to develop new technologies that don't emit carbon dioxide than to capture carbon dioxide that we've already emitted.
开发不排放二氧化碳的新技术比捕获我们已经排放的二氧化碳要便宜得多。
Every ton of carbon dioxide we emit now imposes a burden on us and the planet,
我们现在排放的每一吨二氧化碳都给我们和地球带来了负担。
but also a debt that would have to be paid by our children and untold generations to come.
但这也是我们的子孙后代必须偿还的债务。
The sooner we start fixing this, the easier it'll be.
这个问题我们越早开始解决就越容易。
So do what you can where you can.
所以,尽你所能在力所能及的地方,
Vote, change your diet and your commute, organize, plant trees, advocate for ideas, advocate for science and most importantly,
去投票,改变你的饮食和通勤,组织,种树,倡导思想,倡导科学,最重要的是,
advocate for action today.
倡导今天就行动起来。
|
|