英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问移动社区

搜索

与自然和谐相处的森林一代

发布者: 风中麦田 | 发布时间: 2024-1-25 22:29| 查看数: 215| 评论数: 0|



演讲题目:A "forest generation" living in harmony with nature

演讲简介:

气候与性别活动家恩尼斯汀说,我们需要关爱环境并与环境和谐相处。做到这一点的最好方法是什么?培养森林的一代:学会保护自然。



中英文字幕

My name is Sevidzem Ernestine Leikeki.

我叫恩尼斯汀 · 莱基 · 赛维泽姆。

I'm a climate activist from the North-West Region of Cameroon.

我是一名来自喀麦隆西北地区的气候活动家。

I focus on two things: caring for nature and educating the next generation to do the same.

我专注于两件事:关爱大自然并教育下一代也要这样做。

We can't fight the climate emergency if we cannot protect and regenerate our land.

如果我们不能保护和再生我们的土地,我们就无法与气候紧急状态抗争。

That's why my colleagues and I at Cameroon Gender and Environment Watch are dedicated to regenerating the 20,000-hectare Kilum-Ijim Forest.

这就是为什么我和我的同事在喀麦隆性别与环境观察组织致力于再生两万公顷的基卢姆-伊吉姆森林。

My community of 300,000 people depends on nature for livelihood.

我社区里的30万人依靠自然为生。

We find daily solutions in our forest and in our farmlands.

我们在森林和农田中找到日常解决方案,

But our natural resources face a lot of challenges: deforestation, over-exploitation, encroachment and poor soil conservation.

但是,我们的自然资源面临着许多挑战,包括森林砍伐、过度开发、侵占以及水土保护不力。

And these are made worse by gender inequality, cultural barriers

这些都是由于性别不平等、文化障碍和对自然界的善意

and little or no knowledge about the goodness of nature.

知之甚少或一无所知。

Worst of them are the devastating bushfires.

其中最糟糕的是毁灭性的丛林大火。

To make sure that this forest continues to exist into the future, we work to educate our children that if they protect the forest, it will, in turn, support them.

为了确保这个森林在未来继续存在,我们努力教育我们的孩子,如果他们保护森林,森林将反过来支持他们。

We educate our children what it means to love nature and treat it with care.

我们教育我们的孩子爱护和善待自然意味着什么。

I call that "raising a forest generation."

我把这称之为养育“森林一代” 。

To date, my organization has provided environmental education to more than 50,000 people in the Kilum-Ijim Forest area, 60 percent of them women.

迄今为止,我的组织已向基卢姆-伊吉姆森林地区的五万多人提供了环境教育。其中 60% 是女性。

We have child-friendly sessions every week in our nurseries about the trees found in our forest and how to take care of them.

我们每周都会在托儿所开展适合儿童的课程,关于我们森林中的树木以及如何照顾它们。

Through community radio, we reach out to many people.

通过社区广播, 我们可以触及到很多人,

We also develop economic opportunities.

我们还开发了经济机会。

We have trained over 2,000 people in the Kilum-Ijim Forest area in bee farming.

我们已经在基卢姆-伊吉姆森林地区培训了两千多人进行养蜂。

When we recruit bee farmers, that's a chance to rebalance opportunities.

当我们招募养蜂户时,这就是重新平衡机会的机会。

We give two beehives to women and one to men.

我们给女人两个蜂箱,男人一个蜂箱。

We also teach them about honey production, beeswax extraction, making honey wine and honey juice, and making detergents and lotions out of beeswax.

我们还教他们有关蜂蜜的生产,蜂蜡的提取,酿造蜂蜜酒和蜂蜜汁以及用蜂蜡制作洗涤剂和乳液的知识。

When they tend their hives, the community keeps an eye out for bushfires.

当他们照顾他们的蜂巢时,社区就会密切留心丛林大火。

And the income from bee farming means they can plant more trees.

而养蜂获得的收入意味着他们可以种更多的树。

It's a powerful equation.

这是一个强大的等式。

Honey equals income, equals jobs, equals gender equality, equals conservation.

蜂蜜等于收入,等于工作,等于性别平等,等于养护。

As of 2020, we have planted 86,000 trees to regenerate the Kilum-Ijim Forest.

截至 2020 年,我们已种植了六千棵树以再生基卢姆-伊吉姆森林。

Nature remains our greatest ally to reach our climate mitigation targets.

大自然仍然是实现我们减缓气候变化目标的最大盟友。

Planting trees is essential, but we need to raise a forest generation that will thrive and live in harmony with nature.

植树是必不可少的,但我们需要养育 “森林一代”,他们将茁壮成长并与自然和谐相处。

Thank you.

谢谢。

视频、演讲稿均来源于TED官网

最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表