英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

培养孩子独立自主的五个育儿技巧

发布者: 五毒 | 发布时间: 2022-11-18 20:39| 查看数: 28| 评论数: 0|



The skills and the experiences that cause a person to be entrepreneurial can be taught, and they can be nurtured.

成为企业家的技巧和经验是可以学习和培养的。

Now, raising entrepreneurial kids is more than just teaching them how to start a business so they can earn money.

培养有企业家精神的孩子不仅仅是教他们如何创业,教他们赚钱。

Raising entrepreneurial kids is really about preparing kids for life.

培养企业家精神是在为孩子做好一辈子的准备。

Equipping them with everything that they need, with the confidence, with the ability to speak up, to persevere, to have tenacity,

为他们配备好所需的一切,包括自信、敢于直言不讳、坚持不懈、顽强拼搏、

to bounce back from fear and rejection.

以及从恐惧和被拒绝中恢复的能力。

Those are the things that are required in our world to live to one's potential.

这些都是在当今世界发挥个人潜能的必要条件。

So in order for me to learn as much as I could about raising entrepreneurial kids,

所以为了尽可能地了解如何培养有企业家精神的孩子,

I interviewed dozens of parents and kids to find out what they were doing.

我采访了几十对父母和孩子,看看他们是怎么做的。

And so I want to share with you what I learned,

我想和各位分享我学到的东西。

and I want to share with you five strategies that I'm actually doing with my children and that honestly,

我想分享我在自己的家庭教育中实施的五大策略,实话说,

I think every parent should be doing with their children to disrupt our conventional way of parenting.

我认为每个家长都应该为孩子这么做,打破我们传统的育儿方式。

So, number one, don't give them an allowance.

第一条,不要给他们零花钱。

That's what I'm talking about, too, yes.

没错,这是我要说的。

Don't give them an allowance.

不要给他们零花钱。

Instead, challenge them to start a business to earn their spending money.

相反,你可以鼓励他们自己创业来赚零花钱。

So this is my boys, and this is one of the ways that they've earned money, their own spending money, is they make bracelets.

这是我的儿子们,这是他们赚钱的其中一种方式——制作手镯。

And there is no better lesson around the value of a dollar than when you have to work hard to earn each one of them.

让孩子们明白钱的价值的最好方式就是让他们知道每一块钱都必须通过努力工作赚到。

And through this process, our kids will learn confidence, financial literacy, public speaking, how to convince people,

在这个过程中,孩子会获得自信、金融知识、公开表达以及说服他人的能力,

all skills that are valuable for the world that we live in.

所有在这个世界上有用的技能。

So don't give them an allowance.

所以不要给他们零用钱。

The next thing is make them pay for their wants.

第二,让他们自己为想要的东西付钱。

You know, key to entrepreneurship is about personal responsibility and ownership.

企业家精神的关键是责任意识和主人翁意识。

And it is amazing how, when you put the responsibility on someone else to buy that thing that they said they really wanted,

很奇妙的是,当你将买某件东西的责任转交给那个说非常想要的人,

kind of shifts a little bit, right?

责任人就发生了一点变化,对吧?

It really, really does.

确实是这样。

It's no different with the kids.

对孩子们来说也是如此。

And so we actually started this quite early with our children.

我们在相当早的时候就开始这样要求我们的孩子。

So when Silas was about four years old, I created "daddy dollars."

当塞勒斯四岁的时候,我建立了“老爸资金”。

And the boys would earn daddy dollars for doing things such as chores, for exhibiting positive behavior and for also reading books.

孩子们通过做家务、积极表现、还有读书来赚取老爸美元。

And Silas actually purchased his first bike from using daddy dollars.

而塞勒斯真的用他赚到的资金买到了他的第一辆自行车。

He had to earn 250 daddy dollars, and that allowed him to purchase his first bike.

他赚到了250老爸美元,足以支付他的第一辆自行车。

Now, yeah, you know, these are not real dollars.

各位知道的,那并不是真的钱。

But to Silas, that experience of working hard to earn that money and to buy that bike was a very real experience for him.

但对于塞勒斯来说,努力赚钱和买下那辆自行车的经历对他来说都是非常真实的体验。

Also, in 2019, our family decided to take a trip to Tanzania.

同样的,在2019年,我们一家决定去坦桑尼亚旅行。

And so, you know, the boys were really excited about it.

孩子们真的很兴奋。

And I said, "Now, if you want to go to Tanzania -- your dad and I are going -- but if you want to go to Tanzania, you know what you got to do?"

而我说:“好了,如果你们想去坦桑尼亚——你们的爸爸和我会去——但如果你们也想去坦桑尼亚,你们知道该怎么做吗?”

What do you think I told them?

大家觉得我是怎么跟他们说的?

They're going to have to buy their own airline ticket, yes.

他们得自己出钱买自己的机票,没错。

Now, the tickets to Tanzania were not cheap.

去坦桑尼亚的机票可不便宜。

They were 900 dollars apiece. Yeah.

一张要900美元。没错。

But check this out.

但想想看。

This is what I just loved, was when I told the boys that they were going to have to buy their own ticket,

我最喜欢的,就是当我告诉孩子们,他们要自己出钱买机票时,

Silas, remembering back to what he had done when he was about nine years old, he said to his brothers, "That's easy, don't worry about it.

塞勒斯想起了他之前在9岁时做过的事,他跟他的弟弟们说,“这很容易的,别担心。

I'll show you how to do it."

我来告诉你们怎么做。”

Yes. And sure enough, they worked hard over several months, and they did just that.

没错。确实,他们努力干了几个月的活,就做到了。

They were able to earn enough money by selling their bracelets that I showed you earlier,

他们通过售卖我之前展示的手镯赚到了足够的钱,

and they all were able to go with their parents to Tanzania.

他们也能跟着父母一起去坦桑尼亚了。

So I would encourage you to make your kids pay for the things that they say they want.

所以我会鼓励你们去让孩子为他们想要的东西付钱。

The next is to reduce their prosperity.

第三点,不要让他们拥有太多。

Now let's admit it, kids today have a lot of stuff, right?

我们必须承认,现在的孩子拥有太多东西了,不是吗?

And when you think about it,

再想一想,

I understand this need and this desire as parents to want to give our kids experiences and things that maybe we did not have when we were children.

我理解为人父母的这种渴望,我们做孩子时没能拥有的东西和经历,则希望给予自己的孩子。

But when we choose a parenting style of overindulging our children by providing them with too much, too soon, for too long,

但当我们选了这种过于溺爱孩子的育儿方式:给予得太多、太快,持续的时间太长,

with no effort on their part, what we do is actually raise young people who are self-centered and entitled.

而他们却不需要付出任何努力,那我们只会培养出以自我为中心、贪图享受的孩子。

And so when we, instead ... In the 1800s,

反之,在19世纪,

it's interesting because Frederick Douglass made a statement that I thought was profound even in the 1800s,

弗雷德里克·道格拉斯提出了一个很有趣的观点,我认为它现在仍然有深刻的意义,

because we're dealing with it today.

因为我们如今正在面对它。

And he said, "If you wish to make your son helpless, you need not cripple him with a bullet or a bludgeon,

弗雷德里克·道格拉斯说,“如果你想让你的孩子失去自理能力,你不需要用子弹或棍棒让他瘫痪,

but simply place him beyond the reach of necessity and surround him with luxury and ease."

只需要给予他非必需的生活条件,并将他置身于奢华和安逸中。”

Still true today.

这句话到如今仍然适用。

Steve Jobs in a graduation speech, told the graduates to stay hungry.

史蒂夫·乔布斯(SteveJobs)在一次毕业演讲中告诉那些毕业生们不要满足。

And what we love about entrepreneurs is their hustle.

我们喜欢企业家的奋斗精神。

And oftentimes that hustle is rooted in a hunger for something.

而奋斗通常是源自对某样东西的渴望。

But if our kids never want for anything, what's going to motivate them to take action?

但如果我们的孩子从来没有渴望过任何东西,那他们怎么会有动力去行动呢?

So I encourage you to reduce your kids' prosperity.

所以我鼓励各位,减少孩子拥有的东西。

Next is to let them be delight-directed.

第四,让他们以兴趣为导向。

Entrepreneurs are lifelong learners.

企业家们终身都在学习。

They learn to do, not simply to know.

他们学习怎么做,而不仅只是简单了解。

And when we encourage our children to seek out learning for the things that they are most interested in,

当我们鼓励孩子去学习他们最感兴趣的东西时,

they become learners who seek to learn to do because they're teaching themselves as opposed to just simply pouring in information,

他们就会主动学习如何做,因为他们会自学,这和只是灌输知识相反。

which is sometimes what we get in our education system.

而有时我们从教育体系中能获得的也只是灌输知识。

And so this is my my son Isaiah.

这是我的儿子以赛亚。

His delight is drawing.

他的兴趣是画画。

And so he spends hours drawing, and he seeks out classes (that) teach him how to draw.

他会花好几个小时画画,找相关课程,自学画画。

And he was recently awarded an award by the Smithsonian Museum of African Art for creating -- thank you --

而他最近获得了国立非洲艺术博物馆的一个奖项——谢谢——

this superhero, from looking at a piece of art in the museum.

他创造了一个超级英雄,他看到了博物馆里的一件艺术品,

And he designed this.

他设计了这个。

But now Isaiah is designing logos for people.

现在以赛亚正在帮人设计商标。

Yeah, yeah, I love it.

没错,我很高兴。

So give them room and space to follow their delights.

所以,给予他们空间,让他们追求自己的兴趣。

And then lastly, let them solve their own problems.

最后,让他们自己解决问题。

Entrepreneurs are problem solvers, and as parents it is our natural instinct to want to step in and help our kids solve their problems.

企业家是解决问题的人,作为父母,我们本能地想要介入并帮助我们的孩子解决他们的问题。

But when we do that all of the time,

但当我们一直这么做的时候,

we kind of squelch the potential that they have to discover new things about themselves new capabilities that they might have.

我们会压制他们的潜力,让他们难以发现自身新的闪光点,难以发觉他们潜在的新能力。

It squelches their ability to go out and find the answers for themselves.

我们可能会压制他们走出去并自己找到答案的能力。

So I want you to think about those five things as you begin to raise up young people.

如果要开始养育小孩,我想让各位再想想这五个方法。

And yeah, you know what?

你知道吗?

It's very likely that my boys may not choose business ownership when they grow up.

我的儿子们长大之后很有可能不会选择创业。

And that's OK.

这没什么。

Because whether a child chooses to build a company or become an employee, it doesn't matter,

因为无论孩子是选择创办公司还是成为员工,这都无关紧要,

because every kid needs to learn how to think like an entrepreneur.

因为每个孩子只是需要学习如何像企业家一样思考。

And the sooner we do this as parents,

作为父母,我们越早这么做,

create an environment at home where they have the opportunity and multiple occasions to challenge their beliefs about what's possible within them,

越快在家里建立起这样一个环境,让他们有不同机会和各种场合去挑战自我,发现潜力,

to step outside of their comfort zone, to take risks, to learn from failure, to bounce back from rejection,

去踏出他们的舒适圈,去冒险,去从失败中学习,从被拒绝中恢复,

then the sooner we'll put them on the path of living out their potential to lead very fulfilling and successful lives.

那我们就可以帮助他们越快走上正轨,发挥他们的潜力,过上非常充实和成功的人生。

Thank you.

谢谢。


最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表