英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索

中头彩

发布者: 五毒 | 发布时间: 2022-5-28 06:00| 查看数: 66| 评论数: 0|



And now Words and Their Stories from VOA Learning English.

这里是美国之音慢速英语《词汇掌故》节目。

On this program we explore words and expressions in the English language.

在这个节目中,我们会探索英语中的单词和表达。

And today we talk about being lucky or having a great success -- or both!

今天我们要谈论的是幸运或取得巨大成功,或两者兼而有之!

There are times in our lives when everything seems to go our way.

在我们的生活中,有时一切似乎都如我们所愿。

We win big.

我们是大赢家。

In other words, we hit the jackpot.

换句话说,我们中了头彩。

In a very literal way, to hit the jackpot means to win a lot of money.

光从字面上看,“中头彩”的意思是赢了很多钱。

A jackpot is the most valuable prize in a game of chance.

头奖是靠碰运气取胜的游戏中最有价值的奖项。

A lottery is one such game of chance.

彩票就是这样一项靠碰运气取胜的游戏。

People buy tickets, but only a few tickets are chosen by chance to win prizes.

人们购买彩票,但只有少数彩票被偶然选中赢得奖项。

Some states in the U.S. hold a weekly lottery.

美国的一些州每周举行一次彩票活动。

The jackpot increases until someone wins it.

头奖金额会不断增加,直到有人中奖。

Some lottery jackpots can get as big as many millions of dollars!

一些彩票的头奖可以高达数百万美元!

Once I heard about a man who really did "hit the jackpot".

有一次我听说一个人真的“中了头奖”。

He usually did not play the lottery or gamble with his money.

他通常不会花自己的钱去买彩票或赌博。

But one day, he decided to buy a lottery ticket.

但是有一天,他决定买一张彩票。

And guess what?

你猜怎么着?

He won millions of dollars!

他赢了数百万美元!

He really struck it rich.

他真的一夜暴富。

We can also say he made a killing!

我们也可以说他发大财了!

However, hitting the jackpot does not always deal with money.

然而,中头奖并不总是和钱有关。

It can also mean to have a great success, usually involving some luck.

它也可以指取得巨大成功,通常与运气有关。

For example, if you get a great job simply by being in the right place at the right time, you can say you have hit the jackpot.

例如,如果你只是因为在对的时间出现在对的地方而找到了一份好工作,你可以说你已经中了头彩。

I know a woman who started dating a very good-looking man.

我认识一个女人,她开始和一个很帅的男人约会。

He was also very nice and smart.

那个男人也很好,很聪明。

Then she found out that he was also really rich.

然后她发现他也真的很有钱。

She likes to say she really hit the jackpot when she met him.

她想说,她遇到他真的就是中了头彩。

There are some other expressions that have a similar meaning.

还有一些其他的表达有类似的含义。

If you "hit it big" or "hit the big time", you have hit the jackpot.

如果你“获得很大的成功”或“大获成功”,你就是中头彩了。

I feel like I hit the jackpot with my job.

我觉得我这份工作就是中头彩了。

The work is interesting, my co-workers are nice, and I get to hear from our readers and listeners from around the world.

这份工作很有趣,我的同事都很好,我还能听到来自世界各地的读者和听众的声音。

Jackpot!

中头彩了!

And if you are looking for one place to learn English, you have also hit the jackpot with VOA Learning English!

如果你正在寻找一个学习英语的地方,找到美国之音慢速英语,你也是中了头彩!

And that's all the time we have for this Words and Their Stories.

以上就是本期《词汇掌故》节目的全部内容。

Until next time … I'm Anna Matteo.

下期节目再见,安娜·马特奥为您播报。


最新评论

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表