英语家园

 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫描二维码登录本站

快速提高英语水平本广告位招租

社区广播台

查看: 6632|回复: 0
收起左侧

新英语900句第五十八课情景对话

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-5-19 01:13:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Dialogue1:

A:I have to take a break for a second.

我得休息一会儿。

B:Why? Is something wrong?

为什么?有什么事吗?

A:I don’t know. When I was running, I twisted my ankle.

我不清楚,跑步时,扭了脚踝。

B:Let me have a look.

让我看看。

A:I have to sit down first.

我得先坐下来。

B:It does look swollen, but I don’t think it’s broken.

脚看着的确很肿,但我想没骨折。

A:I’m sure it’s not broken, because I can still walk on it.

我肯定没骨折,因为我还能走路。

B:some fractures are small. You can’t be sure it’s not broken.  /ˈfræktʃɚ/

有的骨折是很细微的,你没法肯定骨头到底有没有断。

A:I’ll wait and see to be sure.

我会等会看看状况,再确定。

B:For now we’d better stop playing ball.

现在我们最好还是别打球了。

A:I’ll put some ice on it.

我会在上面敷一些冰。

B:Tomorrow you should go see a doctor.

明天你应该去看看医生。

A:I’ll go see a doctor if it still hurts.

如果脚还疼,我就去看医生。

B:Okay. Just don’t neglect any injury./nɪˈɡlɛkt//ˈɪndʒəri/

好,对任何受伤都不要不当回事。

Dialogue 2:

A: That was a good game we played.

我们这场球打得挺不错的。

B: You’re not mad about that foul in the last quarter?/faʊl/

最后十五分钟的那个犯规,你不生气吗?

A: Do you mean when that guy hit me with his elbow?/ˈɛlˌbo/

你是指那个家伙用肘部撞我?

B: Yeah. I can’t believe the referee didn’t even see that./ˌrɛfəˈri/

是啊,我简直不敢相信裁判一点没看见。

A: I don’t know if he saw it, but I’m not going to get mad about it.

我不知道他看没看见,不过我不会为这事感到生气的。

B: That’s a pretty good attitude to have.

你对待比赛的态度是挺可取的。

A: It’s all just a game. Why not have fun?

不就是个比赛嘛,干嘛不玩开心点呢?

B: It’d be nice if more guys thought that way.

如果多些人都像你这样想,那就好了。

A: I know, but a lot of guys take it way too seriously.

是啊,可是好多人把比赛看得太重了。

B: I know. The tall guy on the other team was way too intense.

是啊,他们队里的那个高个子太猛了。

A: Maybe he’s got emotional problems. Anyway, I’m not going to worry about those guys.

可能他有一些情绪上的问题。不管怎么样,我才不会为这些人感到心烦的。



Dialogue 3:

A: Hey, Stacy. Come here for a second.

嗨,史蒂茜,来这里一会儿。

B: Why? We’re in the middle of a game.

为什么?我们还在打球呢。

A: I want to have a look at you.

我想看看你。

B: What are you talking about?

你在说什么呀?

A: Your skin is pale, but you’re hot all over.

你脸色苍白,但是你全身发烫。

B: That’s because I’m playing hard.

那是因为我玩起劲。

A: No, it’s because you’re dehydrated. You need some water now.

不是,那是因为你脱水了,你现在需要喝些水。

B: Maybe I do need to take a break for a few minutes.

也许我需要休息几分钟。

A: I think you’re done playing for today.

我认为你今天就玩到这儿吧。

B: What should I do?

我应该做什么呢?

A: Walk around and drink water for a few minutes. Then have a seat in the shade.

花几分钟四处走走,喝点水,然后在荫凉的地方坐下来。

B: Actually I am starting to feel pretty bad.

事实上我开始感觉很难受了。

A: Have you had any water to drink today?

你今天喝过水了吗?

B: Not much. I guess I wasn’t thinking about it.

不多,我想是我没注意到要喝水。

Dialogue 4:

A: Wow, Steve just scored another goal.

哇,史蒂夫刚刚又进了一球。

B: He’s really good. He’s going to win this game for us.

他真是太棒了,他将会为我们记赢得这场比赛。

A: I can’t believe that he doesn’t even come to practice some time.

我简直不敢相信,他不怎么来练习都能做到这样。

B: I know. We work so hard and he still is far better than us.

是啊,我们这么努力练,他还是比我们要好得多。

A: I guess he’s just got natural ability.

我觉得他是太有天赋了。

B: It looks like it. I wonder why some guys are born lucky.

原来是这样。我想知道为什么有人天生就这么好运气。

A: I don’t know. It’s just something they get from their parents.

我不知道。是他们从父母那儿继承过来的天赋吧。

B: It just makes me jealous that he doesn’t’ work half as hard as we do.

他还没我们一半努力,就打得这样好,真让我妒忌。

A: Think of it this way. How good would he be if he did work as hard?

你这么想:要是他像我们这样努力训练,他会变成怎样的人呢?

B: I don’t understand what you mean.

我不明白你的意思。

A: He’d be much better. Maybe even a professional. He’s really wasting his talent.

他会比现在好得多。也许甚至会成为一位职业选手。他实在是在浪费他的天赋。

B: I wonder why he does that.

我不明白他为什么那样做。

A: I think he never had to work hard at sports, so he never learned the habit of working hard.

我想他在体育方面一直都没有努力练习过,所以他从来都没养成努力工作的习惯

B: That makes sense. I’ve always had to work hard at sports.

有道理。我在体育方面总是不得不努力练习。

A: So you learned good habits.

因此你养成了好习惯。

B: Yeah, and that’s more important in life than scoring goals.

没错,而且那在生活中的作用比在球场上得分更加重要。

Dialogue 5:

A:Hey, Larry. Can I talk to you for a second?

嗨,拉里,我能跟你谈一会吗?

B: What do you want?

你想干嘛?

A: I want to talk to you about today’s game.

我想跟你谈谈今天的比赛。

B: we won. What’s there to talk about?

我们赢了,有什么好谈的吗?

A: The way you play is too rough.

你打球的方式太粗野了。

B: I’m aggressive. What’s your point?  /əˈɡrɛsɪv/

我是进攻型的,你认为如何?

A: You’re not just aggressive. You play ball like it’s a war.

你岂止是进攻型的,你打球简直就像在打仗。

B: I’m sorry to hear you’re so soft.

我很遗憾得知你这么柔弱。

A: Don’t make this personal, Larry. You know I’m not soft. A lot of guys agree with me. It’s not fun playing with you.

不要搞人身攻击,拉里。你知道我不柔弱。许多人都同意我的意见,跟你打球不好玩。

B: Then how come they don’t say that? How come the referee doesn’t call a foul on me?

那么他们为什么不说出来?为什么裁判不判我犯规?

A: You know how to get away with fouls, without getting caught.

你知道如何犯规又逃避惩罚却能不让别人抓住。

B: Do the other guys really think I play too rough?

别人真的说我打球太粗野了?

A: Yeah, they do. If you don’t stop it, then you’ll have to find somewhere else to play ball.

没错!他们也这样说。如果你继续这样下去,那么你就找别的地方去玩吧。

B: Okay. I get the point. Is that all you want to say?

好吧,我知道了。你想要说的就这些吗?

A: Yeah. I’ll see you at the next game.

是的。下次比赛我们再见。

上一篇:新英语900句第十二课情景对话
下一篇:杂谈:英文中竟然也有“通假字”(图)
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

随便看看 精彩图片 帖子导读 联系管理
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表